Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i always wondering what wrong with my settings and i cannot downshift in this car...........the way i want

patchedupdemon likes this.
  2. lagg

lagg Registered

To drive a modern car, but without modern systems is not logical. The car is, what it is.
    Eliminate the downshift protection would be the same as eliminate the gear synchro, or to reduce the number of gears, or eliminate any part of the car that i don't like.
    It's supposed that the target is to simulate the reality, not to simulate what we'd like to drive.
    If i don't want new systems i can drive an older car.

Grey, 2ndLastJedi, Dodger and 8 others like this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

you sound logical but you still dont get what i say

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Could be barrier languages, sorry

mesfigas likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip Registered

If S397 implements downshift protection best thing would be to put upgrade option for those who don't want it with a disclaimer description about it being unrealistic (just like F2 caster option).
    Everybody happy.

David Kolody likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

So true, I added the DP to the EEC GT3 mod in AMS and it had 0 effect on people, even the aliens didn't say anything against it

peterchen likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

so glad i m the minority :)

8. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

You can always implement downshift protection by yourself just assigning nothing to "gear down" in control - options. :p

pkelly, Skan and mesfigas like this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

to be completely honest in assetto corsa dsp is fine.

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Downshiftprotection

....you guys....

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry but I have to disagree.
    I would prefer to run without any rev limiter at all. For many engines peak power occurs at maxinum available rpm. For those cars you need to adjust upshifting as close to the rev limiter as possible. If you do it early you lose power and if you do it late you get stuck in the limiter. In this second case the loss is big since you stop accelerating. This creates an assymetric sweet spot which without the limiter becomes more symmetric.

mesfigas likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I asked a sincere question. I didn't expect an analysis of type of people around forums.

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Why don't you let rf2's aids do the downshift? It works just fine and you're still allowed to upshift by yourself.

#Downshiftprotection

mesfigas likes this.
  14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I don’t know if it’s been updated,but when o first started driving that car,when ever I needed 2nd gear for a slowing corner,I would have to slow down way tooo much to get second gear,or brake as normal and change down into second gear at or after the apex.
    Some real life drivers had said that the the protection rpm ranges where too conservative

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i hate iracing formula renault 2 only for downshift protection

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i just prefer to learn and play without any Aid
    only auto clutch
    some games have good dsp on some cars maybe so i just got a weird feeling
    not all games behave the same on tis department
    also as a general rule "Yes'" when dsp protects the engine from drivers 2 downshifts in a row its fine.

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Nothing beat the feeling of blowing repeatedly the engine of a Fiat Uno in AMS on Interlagos after mis-shifting from 4 to 1 with the awesome G27 H-shifter! I wish it had DP. OK, now maybe we can discuss sth else ?

Atsuki, Seven Smiles and mesfigas like this.
  18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I'm all for downshift protection. People overabuse downshifting as a way to slow down for example. I knew a guy who for example used to go from 7th down to 1st in a blink of an eye for a corner that was a 3rd gear corner. He did that only so he could run some exotic brake biases and slow down so quickly that he gained few tenths in almost every braking zone.

If a real car has it, our cars simulating that particular car should have it. EOT.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What I think is also missed is that downshift protection actually hampers people who don't shift properly normally. It's not an advantage to miss a gearshift or two because you tried to do them too early - unless you're driving miss daisy and have 3 minutes to prepare for a corner.

@patchedupdemon 's note on the iR FR2.0 above is interesting. If a real car has a 'feature' which is actually hampering what would be considered normal driving (ie an over-protective DSP), it would seem silly not to include that feature in the sim car. Same goes for rev-limit for me, you might well be able to go faster if it wasn't there but if that's how it is in reality then that's how it should be - which I think is your point Spaskis.

If people want to drive a car with no electronics, drive a car with no electronics. Expecting a modern car to behave the same doesn't seem logical.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

if i driver decides and not the electronics we have a modern car that drivers commands that was for Laza with all the respect ofc
    we are not against electronics