Multiview User Interface

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteShadow, May 25, 2015.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well I should clarify that it's HDR performance in multiview that has been improved. A lot of multiview users couldn't afford HDR whereas on singleview users hardly have any impact from HDR. This problem has been resolved so the hit when enabling HDR with multiview is massively improved. There will obviously be a fps hit when turning on multiview though.

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I have also reported this issue few times before. There was no answer and I thought it was only me. Now I find out that there is somebody else who has the same problem. Can it be that multiview is so bad that most of the guys just turn it off and rather accepts stretched picture when bugs like this are unknown?

Seems that optimized single-pass HDR for multiview build 946 is killing my fps, I get 30 fps in Malayisia v. 1.58, does anybody else has same problem as I do?

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

What car WhiteShadow? Then I will try tonight same combo and report my fps with hdr on.

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Reading this just jogged my memory. I had turned off HDR for my last league race due to over-bright sand at Laguna Seca. So the the numbers I repeorted were with no HDR. Ugh!

Edit: Just re-did it with HDR on and yes Noel I think I can confirm your statement that multiview is no worse with HDR on. I got almost identical (crappy) numbers.

To put my post back on topic I would say that I don't give a rip about multiview UI fixes/upgrades. Could we please get it to work without a 30% FPS drop?

The 77 dropping to 49 was from Malayisia. I have had multiview turned off for years. Put your monitors in a straight line to get rid of the stretching. Not the ideal but it works. It's really not too bad and you'll get used to it in no time. Plus you'll never see kinking of straight lines whenver you raise or lower your head height.

All I use is 4x multisample. And no transparency AA stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm not sure it's even technically possible to get same FPS with multiview on as off, because in multiview the card renders 3 independent images instead of 1 stretched. I could be wrong, but my impression is proper multiview will always come with FPS impact. It's probably why new sims such as pCars and R3E don't support multiview at all.

6. coops

coops Banned

so are they stupid or saying there sims won't run multiview good enough to have in game ? would like to know answer to that question.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe the fact that the Simbin engine is based on an old ISI engine (pre-RF1) is why they don't have multiview in their sims (Race 07, GTR2, Race Evo, R3E, etc. etc.). On the other hand, they have the rights to edit the core programming/engine but maybe it's extremely difficult to program multivew in an engine not designed for those multiple viewpoints in the first place?? Same with PCars, I believe - but could be wrong - that the "Madness" engine actually originated from a pre-RF1 ISI based engine, rather than literally a scratch-made core videogame engine, and therefore, like Simbin, the ability to program into the engine multiview is not possible (or extremely difficult)??...

Lot's of speculation on my part, please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

rFactor multiview UI is from 2005. What kind of monitors we were using back in 2005? yes, 14", 15", 17", 19", 22" user interface (tick box) was just fine. Today, 10 years later many has 24", 27" 30", 32", 32" 34", 36" and some of us uses +40" TV`s to rFactor2. rFactor2 multiview UI is lacking flexibility to modern hardware.

I know it is huge task and that it is extremely difficult. This thread is not meant to be offensive or criticism to ISI and devs. It is only reminder to give a Little boost to multiview UI priority and that there are few of us also who likes to get real, as close as possible to 1:1 real life view and realistic in game view.

rFactor2 User Interface
    View attachment 16854

Something like this would be nice :)
    View attachment 16855

I found this from youtube, I hope it is not you :)

:)

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm curious as to why you think multiview works any different or better with 15", 17", and 23" 4:3 monitors than it does with 23", 27", 40" etc. 16:9 monitors? I didn't think multiview was any different/better/worse with today's monitors VS older size and aspect ratio monitors.

With regards to the in-game multiview setup options, it was just as limited back then as it is today.

In my view, it should work & look just as great if set up correctly, and just as bad if not set up correctly, regardless of whether you use triple 19" 4:3 monitors or triple 27" 16:9 monitors.

Lol, that is definitely not me ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  10. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

I think multiview is fine the way it is. I would rather the development time be spent elsewhere. The proper FOV can be found on the Internet (project immersion FOV calculator), then adjust the angles of the screens to make the straight lines of the image straight across all three screens. It is easy. Perhaps some folks want the game to change the image for their existing screen angles, but that seems like a lot to ask from a company that doesn't charge a monthly fee. Regarding FPS, I only have a 760, and using HDR I get good performance with settings on high and medium (low for reflections).

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...r-FOV-Tutorial?p=361416&viewfull=1#post361416

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What you want is the game to adjust to your screens, instead of having to adjust your screens to the game. I think that would be good for multiscreen users, ISI have said they'll have something better here, and I'm sure at some point they will.

Now if you'd like to continue answering in the thread you just linked to I'd like to continue investigating your issue. We haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I was asking support from community and as usual some was able to turn this positive thread into a personal and negative one.:(

Now we have multiview user interface with perfect scaling and low fps cost and it has given me an huge improvement in gaming experience.

Thank you ISI, Job well done.:)

14. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

oops :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Indeed the new Ctrl+= is a HUUUUGEEE boost to the adjustability for triple screens.

Great job ISI. :)

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

17. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Easier than i thought. Thank you.

Deja vu

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  18. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

WhiteShadow,
    I guess I was somewhat negative in my earlier post and I am sorry. I too want this forum to stay positive. I have to admit that I am taking advantage of being able to choose my own screen angle. Nice work, ISI.

19. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I can get multiview tool to show up in game.
    Neither fps count. Look in shortcuts config and all is ok
    Crtl+= only shows to me tgm on tgm of
    In game its ok to check everything like widescreen hud and other stuff?

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Make sure you have multiview enabled, otherwise the tool won't show up I think.