Multiview User Interface

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteShadow, May 25, 2015.

1. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Thanks. It was.
    I just delete user folder data and reinstall lite build and still the problem. :mad:
    Kind frustrating after some hours deleting old mods and installing stuff

edit: restart the computer and its ok now.
    On this tool: cannot believe how i´m relaxed now knowing i´m using correct fov and how easy is to correct the bezels and angle.
    I knew that setting these things was probably the most annoying part of playing rf2 because of my setup but i didn´t knew how much that disturbed me until now

Thanks for this tool. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Ok. Not solved as i was thinking but i manage to recreate the problem.
    Hope someone could help me here.

It is Evga precision X (latest version) what is causing conflict with rf2 software. Yesterday when it worked it was because i forgot to set evgapx to start with windows (10 btw) and start to play with rf2 without noticing.

Now when i tried, same problem occurs: hit crtl+f and no fps counting and crtl+= and no multiview tool. It is not an hotkey conflict (there isn´t shortcuts set in evgapx) with shortcuts in game. But im not familiarized with other settings. I just change fan control.

So thats is it. With evga precionX running, none of these shortcuts work properly in game.
    Glad if someone could help to sort this problem.
    Cheers.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Map different key to rF2 multiview UI. In game /settings/Controller/Misc.

4. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I´ve tried that too. Forgot to say :/
    Another input: when i´m in this /settings/Controller/Misc and i hit the shortcut like crtl+f, it highlights the proper command but ingame appears something different -a green bar in the left upper corner of the center display
    When i call multiview tool (crtl+=) in under left corner of the center display it shows msgs like chat saying TGM display on e off and on left display on upper left corner it shows 4 blue balls (very poor graphic like Atari console)

Thanks for your help

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No, when you map different key like a,b,c,d, etc. and go to race and use ctrl+ key you did map (a,b,c,d, etc.) you can se multiview UI.
    ctrl+f is to fps and fps bar, ctrl+c you can se cpu and gpu loads (bar)

Do you know how to map a key in rF2?

6. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Sry whiteshadow, sometimes a jump words and even sentences. And english isnt my first language. Some people say that is not even my third :))) no one has nothing to do with that but doesn't have forum section in my mother language.

When i said i tried that, i mean i choose other key and got the same result i explained after "another input:"
    What i was trying to say is that shortcuts rf2 software work properly just before i got on track (default settings or modified)
    After im on track, default or modified shortcuts behave exactly the same way i described when evga precision X is active. When i turn off evga software everything works fine as it should.
    I wonder if any one using the latest evga sofware is facing thevsame issue. I think it could be a mix of windows 10 and evgasoftware version.
    Im away from my pc now. Can't test if is a software version problem but can assure is related to the mix w10, rf2 and latest evga precision X

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am using EVGA Precision X v. 5.3.3, Windows 10 and WHQL 353.30 driver. My PC works fine with all games also rF2.
    :)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Age is exactly what makes things difficult in software development. The older it is, the more deep the roots.

9. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

I´m curious. If you don´t mind to answer, why do you use old driver and software?

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I am using dedicated PC to rFactor2 with SLI. Nvidia has huge problems with memory leak and every driver past 353.30 gives image scaling problems and much less fps.
    With driver 353.30 my PC runs locked 120 fps, triple screens and high game settings in all tracks. Any other driver past 353.30 gives only 75 fps with same settings.

11. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Hmm, i get it. Sometimes i do quick ready on sli related problems. Which impress me since this "technology" is not new but i still people not getting what was expectated.