Mountain Peak Speedway v1.1 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

After a brief break from simracing, I'm finally getting round to trying out all this lovely new content that's been released recently. Great job ISI, love this track. I have only tried the road course and the karting layouts so far and I'm hooked! I do have a problem with the AI though. On the long karting, track, with wet conditions the AI will brake quite suddenly just as they are about to cross the start/finish line. This doesn't seem to happen if the track is dry. I've not tested the other layouts in the rain yet, to see if this is isolated to just the long layout.

Slightly off topic, but I also noticed that the AI were taking, what appeared to be a wet racing line, which I have never seen before. Have they always done this and I just haven't noticed?

Anyway thanks ISI, a very nice addition.

Cheers,
    Justin

2. brot

brot Registered

B930, single player, car roadcourse:

9 out of 10 times, the AI´s crash at the outside of first corner.

3. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

Try lowering your AI aggression into single digits. They seem to try and take more kerb with higher aggression, even if that kerb is a wall.
    I had the same problem with the Howstons at Indy until I lowered it to about 5%

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Trouble with that is it takes away the challenge at other corners as you know the AI are less likely to make a rash move.
    T1 is an issue and needs sorting, either by moving the AIW line slightly inwards or removing that section of the tire bundle altogether.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

I really wish people would stop suggesting fixes for one small problem that ruins the rest of the game. It's not just this one...all overt the forum.

6. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

It isn't a fix for one small problem. It's also a workaround for the rolling Clios and Civics, suggested by Tim and a way to stop the Howstons, Eve F1's and Spark F1's clipping the walls at Indy. I'm sure they'll get around to updating the AIW at MP in a future update, but for now either whinge about it or lower your AI aggression.

Btw, "The rest" of my game isn't ruined and I run single digit AI aggression if and when I need to.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not sure if mentioned already but BT20 can't make first RC turn even with zero aggression

9. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

I can only seem to recreate the problems at turn 1 with historic content. Everything else seems fine, even with higher aggression.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Has anyone tried allowing the BT20 AI to "learn" the track during a test day?
    Could that possibly help with the T1 issues?

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If I adjusted around every unfinished or not-yet-optimized component and feature in rF2, it would take many minutes of prep every time I loaded a car and track, not to mention a sophisticated database to keep track of it all. I prefer that the obvious one-off problems (is it only the historics that have a problem with T1 at MP?) get fixed promptly. We users can handle more frequent updates. No need to wait weeks, months, or years to fix relatively simple problems.

12. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

No, but I tried the Howston G4 at Indy with AI learning = 1 and it made massive difference. No need now for single digit AI aggression to stop them clipping the wall.

I should thank the guy who posted the AI learning tutorial otherwise I never would have tried it.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Please share the file so thousands of the rest of us don't have to individually run the AI Learning cycle to fix this annoyance. But this is the correct way to fix it, not by adjusting common or default settings that affect everything else.

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just for the report, for e.g. Clio & LRP it doesn`t work. They keep flipping over, after AI learning, too.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as I said in the other thread when you spoke about this I had no issues with the Clios @ LRP on the layout you mentioned, try a default player.JSON and make sure you have the latest version of the Clio & track.

16. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

You really need to get over this insistence that lowering the AI aggression by 16% from the default setting affects everything else. Even after AI learning, which was done at 50% Ai aggression, the clios and civics will still roll at certain places (T3 silverstone) if you have a high aggression setting.

Anyway.. Seeing as I'm a nice guy, and I have a day off, I'll upload the wisdom files for all the historic content for Mountain Peak this evening.

Edit: And the wisdom files for the Howstons at Indy

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Did you tried this combo in session Race?

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So you are saying the aggression setting doesn't affect the aggression (or speed) of the AI? What's the point of having a slider if it doesn't have a global impact? We should all just use 0 then, to minimize issues with cars rolling and crashing themselves.

And, thanks for sharing. A nice contribution to help others enjoy without each wasting hours fiddling doing the exact same training.