Monaco Screenie

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

We have similar specs
    (5ghz i7 & titan @ 950 core )

I run 3 screens in 3d at res 900x4400
    Everything fine at this res

At your res you have a
    3.6 mil to my 3.9 mil pixel count so as long as you alter yr res you'll be fine with 3 screens (best go 3d too)

Best turn off sync, I capped max fps in .ini to 100 ( if does drop 10 to 20fps at places )

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

My screen only does 60p and I hate screen tearing at higher fps, it plays very smooth at 60 with the couple of extra little bits changed in the ini file and no noticeable lag. I was between the Samsung 27inch 1080p 3D monitor or the 1440p one when I bought that. Got the higher res more for other stuff and will try 3d later on but maybe wait for the next gen screens would love a high res 3D OLED monitor.

Good fun this track in the Marussia in a sick kind of way, as it really should never be raced with modern F1 cars but its much safer then the historic version of the track in these lol.

3. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

? read a lilbit more ;)

4. Twista

Twista Registered

Had a chance to drive the track, still needs a lot of work. Brushing the armco pretty much anywhere on the circuit can either stop your car dead, launch it into the air, or crash the game. The road textures need a lot of work, should be easy enough to get good references using Google Maps, and the surface felt like it had quite a low poly count.

Keep it up though, rFactor needs a modern Monaco. :)

EDIT: You also can't select the track from list view, at least on my end.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thx for the input
    plenty of work still to be done, totally agree. I noticed the brushing the armco thing, the value has to be lowered with the friction in the tdf for the guard rails , although I have fiddled alot with the collision reference and thought I had gotten rid of the throw you in the air effect I will test that more on my end .Could also be the collision that the cars give off anything non ISI seems to behave a bit better... road texture was a last minute change to see if the real road worked any better but Know now its not that so the original road texture will be put back in and the multa and spec layers are way to drastic so need to tone them down also. As for the poly count you loose me there not my language yet .. I figure thats something in max I will come across very soon, and this may help the frame issue also from what i've learn't i think?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unacceptable source. Do not post this here again, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.