Monaco Screenie

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah there's a few different versions in the modding community , but most are European and communication is not the greatest , at times not understandable lol ,Will work on getting the frames down once i figure a few things out with with max and the track is still not getting marbles offline

but I'm one of those guys that sometimes needs things explained in layman's terms to have any idea what i'm being told.

thats what i want the constructive criticism for :) and hope i can improve it where needed as best i can

what armco bugs ? i know thers a couple of spots where it sits back from the rest a lil but ive learned to stay of the walls :)

thx m8

2. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Just a heads up, expect to see this thread locked once an admin gets a whiff of codies conversion (definitely not allowed here).

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

very nice!!

fps are down at about 70 (i have 100 usually)
    drs isnĀ“t working right..

otherwise no Problems so far... just enjoying :)

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

no drs in it yet ,but good to see someone else has decent frames All i can suggest is turning the graphics down till i solve the heavy frame hit

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

just remember Richo Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and most of them stink ....:)

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

rofl @nib and rofl @ me Monaco, Joesville Runabout... silly mistake

7. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Hi R1CHO,

thank you for this great track! It is my favourite.
    I would like to ask you if it would be possible to create a "NoRainZone" in the tunnel. Since the new build I did a lot wet testing.

Best regards,

Pemigris

8. Twista

Twista Registered

I think covered surfaces are automatically dry, look under the bridges at LRP in the wet.

9. pemigris

pemigris Registered

but it rains within the tunnel so I wanted to ask if it is possible to disable it.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi,

A big thanks for sharing, but this version dosnt have the famous bumps that are well known & in most other sim versions,
    Alot of the cambers / bends seem all wrong, fps is very bad too

I know it's only 1st release though

Again a big thanks for sharing & your efforts though (& only giving my feedback etc)

11. martymoose

martymoose Registered

The only section Im not sure about is through the tunnel as its never been cambered like that before in any other version but I havent seen it very closely in real life or seen what changes were made with the resurfacing.

The track was also partially resurfaced before the 2012 GP so it has been smoothed out considerably and this track may be a better representation of that.

http://www.f1reader.com/news/monaco-caterham-thursday-quotes-48424

Its a good track to have but a single 2560x1440 monitor still doesnt strain my new Titan with this track all maxed out, full grid at the back does drop down to 50fps but pretty much stays at my 60p v-sync beyond that. Multi screens may be more of an issue as its rendering much more of the side scenery which includes lots of buldings. I just tried a race back of grid t5 mod 29 AI all maxed and in game aa at level 8 just to max it out completely. at grid I had 58fps once all cars left it stayed at 60 until a full field pile up of drunk AI stopped the race at t1 and at the back of that It got down to 48fps. This is all maxed out including rearview cull disabled in the ini and all flow settings enabled at 2560x1440 synced to video and max frame rate set to 60 in ini as this smooths out the v-sync I find.

My Titan is bios mod flashed to 1.2v with no throttling at 1189Mhz core and mem at stock speed with a i7 2700k at 5GHz and 32GB ram, win 7x64 all liquid cooled but titan on air atm still running cool at 100% fan speed which I dont hear with headphones on anyway.

From hearing peoples issues with multiscreen I guess I will stay away from that for a while still and to power 2 1440p monitors I would need at least 2 if not 3 titans so I dont see the point of spending that much just to get the side screens enabled plus 2 more monitors lol and headaches.

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

No he is correct still raining in the tunnel in that version :p

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

tunnel and the pit bays are still getting rained on but everything else you go under is dry ... but thats what i thought too

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

can i have ur Pc :p awesome m8 mine doesnt even run that well.. im jealous

15. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I just got the titan last week, was tossing up between that and a new wheel going from a gtx480 SLI setup. This was ok but really struggled with limited ram only 1.5gb between 2 cards in SLI this was the main bottleneck. Since using the Titan maxing out everything and keeping the afterburner stats on screen I have noticed that up to 2.4gb of video memory is being used. Plus the way faster titan GPU running stable at a good OC over the 2x 480's which where similar to a single 680 but with less vram when oc a little. At first it was a bit of a pain as it had the strange throttling down but with some tweaks and a custom bios this card really flies and if ever needed getting a second one for sli will last a few years as the next 700 series likely wont be faster then a single titan.

I think the Titan was the better mover over a new wheel as my g25 is still doing ok and will upgrade it at a later point but getting smooth frames I find much more important then the wheel itself.

16. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Hi, I've just found a good picture where the banking is visible:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich_walters/6022989005/

Best regards

Pemigris

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  17. pemigris

pemigris Registered

Hi R1CHO,

could you please increase the wet road reflections too in the next version? In my opinion would it be the "icing on the cake" for this track :)

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

hahaha one thing i'm yet too master, reflections arent even activated atm so i may try that soon and see what the difference is if any difference and the real road needs to work properly too just to name a couple things :)

19. pemigris

pemigris Registered

aah, thanks, I understand; increase from zero ;) I'm looking forward to "see" it!

20. arjenboerdijk

arjenboerdijk Registered

Nice, although stolen from F1 2011 looking at the colors. Take the one from F1 2011 instead, looks a bit more natural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.