Mod r8 gordini version beta released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by f1ligue, Jan 22, 2013.

1. pascom

pascom Registered

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@ThomasJohansen Just a Hint for the Mirrors.
    To get the Mirrors being independently adjustable, you have to use specific Names for them.
    The correct Names are WHATEVER_LMIRROR_IN, WHATEVER_CMIRROR_IN, WHATEVER_RMIRROR_IN.
    So if you rename renr8_mirror_c.gmt into renr8_cmirror_in.gmt and renr8_mirror_l.gmt into renr8_lmirror_in.gmt, it will work.

pascom and Mauro like this.
  3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Thank you, very helpful. I'll correct it as soon as possible (latest in a few days).

pascom likes this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

After I added it to steam, I went for a spin on a few tracks.
    I have updated the suspension file with @redapg wonderful indispensable tools. I think this have fixed the crooked suspension fault where it suddenly stops like hitting a wall.

But the suspension/tire feel varies a lot (probably did this before update)
    - In "Monte Carlo 66" it feels ok, sometimes a little numb.
    - in Targa Florio, its very grainy with rough peaks.
    - In Zandvoort, less grainy but still a bit, helps a little if I soften the suspension.
    - In Oulton park, okay.

I have a car-setup which I'm trying to "perfection" and then I'll update the default setup to this. But the setup has to be a "fit them all".

If anyone have expert knowledge on suspension tweaks, I'll be happy to take on advises :)

Mauro and pascom like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@ThomasJohansen
    And in Case you still need them, here are the missing Sound Files from the Rhez, if you want to add them.
    They are all resampled to Mono already.
    And the ZIP File also contains the R8 Sound Files, that cause the "Error"-Message for Stereo Files in DevMode, resampled to Mono too.

Attached Files:

6. ThomasJohansen

You're fantastic... thx

Edit..
    About sounds, I tried to change a couple of basic sounds, the idle, and rpm, but it was more difficult than I expected. It was hard to speed up the rpm files, so reverted back to old.
    In hope of some form of devmode UI editor for sounds (lenghts and speed), I also tried to convert to new sound scheme with your tool but it removed most of the sounds, so had to put that on hold. Gotta learn more about this in the future.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    redapg and pascom like this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Unfortunately my SFX to JSON Sound Converter Tool is VERY WIP and i'm still trying to find a Way to improve it in a senseful Way, which is difficult, due to the Format with all these Braces and my Lack of Knowledge about the whole Thing. :D

8. ThomasJohansen

Yeah I know it was also just a wild chance.

9. Denis Takistani

Denis Takistani Registered

Thank you for sharing with us! i love old and classical cars. Attention is necessary to forcefeedback behavior. Im using Fanatec GT2 Wheel and i try a lot of configurations ajusting Minimal force, car specific multiplier and others hardware adjustments without sucess to avoid a lot of Clipping in ffb steering wheel... may be somthing in suspension/direction geometry?

10. ThomasJohansen

Hi
    Thx for your feedback. For now it is the original mods suspension physics being used, though converted with redapgs tools to get the right parameters available. The suspension is not my strong side, but @redapg is trying to help me, to see if it can be fixed to something better. I can only advice you to follow up on this car later on, to see if it has become better.
    Funny thing about clipping. With my DD wheel, I have no clipping with this car at 100 multipler, though have experienced huge variation feels between tracks. My guess is that these differencies between controllers, expose bad geometry of the car suspension.
    We will try to fix this.

11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I have strong vibrations even at low speeds, exiting the pitbox, on a G29 driving at Townsville 2023. Also at high speeds but the vibrations sometimes disappear.

pascom likes this.
  12. ThomasJohansen

thx for feedback, seams similiar experience like @Denis Takistani.

13. pascom

pascom Registered

Same.
    I have TS-PC Racer.

14. ThomasJohansen

@pascom @Bernat @Denis Takistani hopefully there is a solution on the way, @redapg has been so kind and looked at the suspension and sent me a possible solution. I wasn't home last night, but will look into it tonight and test it. Yesterday night, I might also have "ruined" the steam update since it says 0 mb. Will look into that too, tonight. (note to myself, never update steam late at night before workday)

pascom likes this.
  15. pascom

pascom Registered

Thanks @ThomasJohansen
    :D

16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Don't worry, we can wait. Thanks!

17. ThomasJohansen

I have reupdated steam with v.0.80.4 - added sounds and fixed left mirror. (again with help from @redapg )
    It is still with quirky suspension, so not a solution to bad FFB.

But..
    @redapg's suspension solution works great, really fun to drive, only downside is it a "borrowed" and then modified suspension and I have contacted the original author to get permission to use it. I have the new version ready, but I dont think I can publish it until I get an answer.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as a quick Explanation: The Suspension Geometry of the Car was completely wrong positioned.
    And to save Time, i did make a Web Search and did find an old GTR2 Version of that Car, that did have a very good Suspension Geometry, that fits to the Car.
    So i did use that and only modified it a little bit, to better match the rF2 Needs.

pkelly, nolive721, pascom and 4 others like this.
  19. ThomasJohansen

Last edited: May 9, 2023
    svictor, Corti, pascom and 1 other person like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Seems the mod is not yet public on workshop