Mirror Adjustment Guide and Tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ADSTA, Jul 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

It works for me since some time ago. There was a wrong setting in player.json. Coutie helped me out. I will have a look, maybe i find the thread

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

note the numbers at the lower left showing the posisition of the right mirror as I adjust it.
    upload_2022-8-10_23-37-21.png

now look at the next image.
    upload_2022-8-10_23-40-17.png

The mirror has moved as shown by the different numbers in the lower left. I moved it up, down, forwards and backwards. So while you can argue the method is klunky, it works. No apps opened, Take the time to learn the system.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

I'll go in again(holds sore head0 and give it another try.

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

2ndLastJedi and redapg like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

I just have seen that your Post, that i quoted, is from March and i answered now, because i got the Notification about that Post, by Mail Today, 5 Months later. :D

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

The RIGHT MIRROR does nothing

With either CTRL or ALT with aft and fore ,both sides of the KB.

i knew I wasn't doing anything wrong.

7. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

I only want left and right adjustment,left mirror works but right mirror is effed.

Please for the glory of GOD ,Allah Joseph Smith ( have I forgot anyone?),please remove the shitty manual adjustment of mirrors.

The actual name of this thread says it all,TIPS LOL..

Now I don't need to ask for 'TIPS" to get my own cars mirror's adjusted,I just use my hand and move them or use a 4 way switch which is simple.

This is like rubix cubes.

I can mod games but I can't adjust my mirrors in RF2.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    R.Noctua likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I get left mirror adjustment with Ctrl (the left one) and right mirror adjustment with Alt (also the left one).

If yours isn't working there'll be a reason, which may or may not be obscure.

Question: are you interested in trying to work it out, or just to keep bemoaning the existence of adjustable mirrors?

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well if manual mirrors go then all the cars in the game will have mirrors that point anywhere but where they are needed. I have no problem adjustment mirrors so I for one hope they stay. It would be stupid if they removed the feature because one person can't work them.

I hope you figure it out.
    The Caterham has good adjustment for me, can place them perfectly as do all official cars and most mods.

Fum fact, AMS2 has adjustable mirrors now also.

10. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Registered

AMS 2 has the mirrors positioned right from the get go unlike RF2.

P.S. OK,I think I made an error once I discovered my logitech gamepad was plugged in as well confusing RF2.

I got the right mirror working!!!!

Sorry all for my OCD type rants lol.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

The mirrors are the only thing which i like from AMS2

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Not all cars lined up right. Try the road McLaren F1, the cockpit mirrors where way off.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted, no need for this tips thread removed after all, lol

13. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

As a counter point, please don't remove the adjustable mirrors. Just today, I adjusted the left and right mirrors individually on the IR18 so that I could see behind me without using the virtual mirror.

It would be nice if all cars had adjustable mirrors including each individually. I don't think that's always the case especially with 3rd party mods.

Also, it would be nice if our settings, including mirrors, seat position and FFB strength could be saved for the mod instead of for each livery and didn't have to be set up every time there's an update.

Marcwan and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

After seeing a couple of discord post about what the "default" settings are for adjusting mirrors etc, I decided to have a look for myself as what some had said wasn't what I was seeing. Turns out the control profile you load has a bearing on what comes as "default" eg the Fanatec CSR Wheel has none, Fanatec CSR Elite has W,S,Q,E and Fanatec Porsche GT3 has C,Z,S,K as default. Attached is what each profile has as default as of today (fresh control profiles loaded for this exercise).
    MirrorSettings.png

solerpalau and DanRZ like this.