Released Mini Cooper S Vintage Mk1

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 3, 2022.

1. marmagas

marmagas Registered

When you sell a broken product by any means i think is not right to tell the customer to find a fix until i decide to fix it.
    This is one of the reasons why rf2 is not getting new drivers in and old ones are leaving for other sims.
    I respect your contribution @redapg in rf2 and all you have done for us so can you give us a temp solution because not all know
    the ins and outs of any given sim,we pay to drive-race not fix broken cars.
    sorry for my english and my tone.

Paul McC likes this.
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

@marmagas As always, there can be different Opinions. :)
    My Point of View in this Case is: if i don't like something, i have 2 Options.
    1. i stop using it
    2. i try to find a Solution
    And in most Cases i prefer Option 2.
    Of course, the optimal Solution is, that the "Manufacturer" fixes the Problem quickly.

EDIT And i forgot: i didn't sell the Product.
    I'm just another User, who wants to help a User, to maybe use it in a better Way.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    Paul McC, Mauro, Emery and 1 other person like this.
  3. marmagas

marmagas Registered

@redapg a lot of opinions but if i dont like something
    1.i report it,since i paid for it
    2.if i dont see any response to fix it then ofc i stop using it and never buy anything from this manufacturer
    i dont try to fix it myself,i dont have the time since simracing is my hobby fixing broken cars isnt and also my time is limited.
    i already spend a lot of time here without any answer from the devs.
    @CeeBee dont worry we have all the time in the world...
    since dec 2018 porsche gt3r steering wheel is missing yellow stripe

Attached Files:

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It's sometimtes funny how some people assume that something is broken and make it a fact, when it's clearly not and allready explained why things are as they are. This is just a small example but noone ever came to the idea to blame Kunos for having tons of broken cars due to limitations of their features, like DRS, Hybrid or the sheer lack of brake functionality or complete cooling systems. There are tons of other examples for other games that are far more drastic and severe, in some cases even caused by pure laziness but here in the forum people pull a pitchfork because a sim car has limited functionality. :rolleyes:

The Mini and Caterham are perfect examples for a similar case. Due to rF2 not having a better transmission and clutch system the studio choose the current implementation to atleast force people to use the clutch, while your "fix" would be people ripping throughout the gears in an h-pattern car without using the clutch at all and making people with flippy paddles have a huge advantage. I don't know what you guys prefer but the current solutions seems to be the lesser of two evils for me.

Now regarding the yellow stripe on the Porsche: it's rather unusual to not have the stripe but it's been communicated why it has been like that. They got their submissions and data from the manufacturer without the yellow stripe and that manufacturer even reviewed the car before release and gave it a go to be released like that. I don't know who is to blame in this case, but the manufacturer usualy has the last word for lisenced content like that.

And having paid for something doesn't give you the right for endless support. But that horse has been beaten to death allready. ;)

Bernat and Radkappe like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

That's your Opinion and it's OK too, but leave Others to have their own Opinion. ;)
    Calling it funny is just disrespectful.

jim123 likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't mean to be disrespectfull and everyone is free to have their opinions. I just don't understand why things that have been allready explained several times are completely ignored. The real solution for the "broken" cars would be a completely new or improved transmission model, but I don't see this happening at this point. Maybe we get surprised, who knows. I could go on an on and say how the cars are broken because we don't have tire punctures, no dirt build up or better mechanical and visual damage, cars not being sensetive to wind, but as any product out there, there are certain limits that we have to live with. Did you ever hear people complaining that all the Kunos F1 cars with DRS are broken because their DRS implementation is semi optimal? I haven't. People have to get along with it and sometimes it would be good if people presented such shortcummings as such and not as content being broken. People never got bent out of shape with running DRM cars or Group C cars in rF1, while there was no Turbo model but all of a sudden a missing yellow stripe makes a car broken. Enjoy the racing, piece and out ;)

Xzanman and atomed like this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Not "out" without to mention, that you can setup the HDV in a Way, that Paddle Shifters get a Shift-Delay, so that there is no Advantage against H-Shifter Drivers.
    Now it's out for me too. :D

Corgan and atomed like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'd be willing to bet the cars are ship WITHOUT that stripe installed from the factory. Teams can place whatever color, style etc of stripe they want, once they receive the car. But we've read here that the cars are scanned at the factory with all the factory parts installed and ONLY the factory parts. So other items that are common in many cockpits are not included because those are team specific.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    Binny likes this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Nearly two years later and I still don't drive this car I bought because I cannot drive it with H-Pattern. Only way to drive this car is to turn on auto clutch and use sequential gears, and now the team have moved on to LMU. I bought a H-Shifter specifically for cars like this. When the free 1970's H-pattern F1 cars in this sim work with a H-Shifter, why can't this Mini??? Its the same with the Caterham.....

memoNo1 and ManfredK2_new like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

Like for the Caterham, i also did make an Update for the Mini
    If properly installed, the Version in the Menu should be 1.09shift.

Download it from THIS Site please.

This Update completely deactivates the Shift Protection, to be able to directly shift from Gear 4 into Gear 2, for Example.

pascom, marmagas, Corgan and 8 others like this.
  11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

@Paul McC now won't be seen for weeks.... he'll be so busy playing with his gear stick :)

Paul McC, memoNo1 and pkelly like this.
  12. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hmm.. o_O... :D

13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you mate.

redapg likes this.
  14. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

works like a charm :)

redapg and Mauro like this.
  15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No it was broken, and cleearly so! As they were before @redapg's fix the system did'nt even force you to use the clutch, you could shift without it. So no, they were definately broken and we have every right to want these simple things fixed as paying customers. No one is pulling pitch forks, we are asking perfect ligit and reasonable questions.

Corti, marmagas and ManfredK2_new like this.
  16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've made a little video showing the gearbox problem and how to install @redapg s fix (I know most of you know how to do this but I thought it make it for new comers and also im gunna post it in as many relevant places as possible so folks can easily find it and enjoy his great work, you are a legend Sir! Thanks again!

jimagn, pascom, Corti and 4 others like this.