Master the secrets of race car setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race2Play, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

To clarify a question that keeps coming to us regarding the lack of user feedback for phase of corner (entry, apex, entry)...

The LAP WIZARD portion of the program asks for feedback regarding an entire lap. A "lap" is a sequence of numerous corners so the program does not ask user feedback regarding entry, apex, or exit of any one specific corner. The CORNER WIZARD portion of the software does in fact ask entry/apex/exit phases of a corner and gives feedback based on that user input in real time.

Hope that helps resolve the misunderstandings

2. datanode

datanode Registered

Thanks for the info, will have another play :)

3. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

Norton has now also fixed their security software adding the Lap Wizard software as a white listed and a safe application to run... although we already knew that :)

It seems Norton will automatically flag ANY application as a possible virus if Norton has never heard of it. Seem they have a program for developers to submit their applications to Norton before release to prevent this. I find it odd that we would have to ask Norton for their blessing to release a program now-a-days, but that is the world we live in.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That should tell you that you really need to get rid of Norton Internet Security, as it doesn't work as well as some of the free stuff out there. :)

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I used AVG free for years, but now am using Avast free. Tried Bitware for half a year or so, but I think it is bigger and even worse than Norton (which I abandoned about 10 years ago).

6. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

This really is a great program. I've been sim racing for years. So I'm familiar with setup development. I'm no alien by any means but I can hold my own. I was able to cut my time down quite a bit at silverstone in the camaro. It wasn t the lap time reduction that amazed me, it was how quickly I was able to make the car go from un drivable to drivable as well as fitting my driving style.

Its not god-like though, you still need to be able to run consistent laps within .5 of each other to really see any difference at all and at leased have some decent knowledge of setting up a car from scratch. Its not going to help you if you can't keep on track for more than 5 laps at a time and there are some other things lacking as well which I'm sure will be added later on.

It will definitely help you get a really decent setup going in a considerably short amount of time which I think was the aim of the program to begin with. After years and years of sim racing I'm too tired to stare at the setup screen any more than a few hours. After that I start to loose interest, and just run with whatever I could come up with and hope for the best. I realize that's part of sim racing is seat time, but its nice to finally see something that keeps me headed in the right direction rather than coming up with something, not liking it and starting all over again from scratch several times.

Just posting my thoughts.

7. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

"its nice to finally see something that keeps me headed in the right direction rather than coming up with something, not liking it and starting all over again from scratch several times."

That is exactly the reason I bought it.

8. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I use MS security essentials now days. Only because my wife and kids use the PC as well. If it where not for them I'd use nothing at all.

Its the least intrusive anti-virus and its free.