[REL] MAK-Corp Group C Community Update

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by hitm4k3r, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Full Right

Full Right Registered

The cars sound and drive/feel different from each other and it makes for great racing. Guess I need a second monitor! Lol

2. Duncan

Duncan Registered

This mod update is great. Maybe we could have an option for the windshield transparency. I would prefer a complete transparency because in VR, at least with low graphics settings, I have like a slight fog on the windshield which is annoying because in VR we always have to struggle with blur.

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I bet you can make your own skin and then replace the windshield "fog" in a window file. If you dont know how to do it I can try to help tonight. but then I need to know which car and skin you use.

Denis Betty likes this.
  4. Full Right

Full Right Registered

are there any online leagues/races for this?
    unfortunate about the mirrors in the Porsche....dont want to race that car without seeing what's coming up behind me. still a brilliant piece of work; I am a big prototype fan and to be honest, I've enjoyed the Mazda and Sauber more so than some of the more modern prototypes...not sure why but these are so much fun to blast around a track.

5. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thanks for your help. I will try by myself. It doesn't sound too tricky.

6. ThomasJohansen

I tried last night with a 962c. Somehow I couldnt get it to accept my windowsin file. Well another way is to open the xxx_teams.mas file and extract the windowsin file you want to remove the fog from. alter it and put it back in the xxx_teams.mas file. you'll find the mas files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\MAK-Corp_Group_C_1.2_CommunityUpdate\1.2\

7. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Thanks, that was my first thought but I am afraid there will be some mismatch with the workshop's next update, if any.

8. ThomasJohansen

Then you have your windowin file you can just put in again after an update.

Else a long term solution :) fix it all the windowsin files on all cars in the pack and give the files to @hitm4k3r, then he might wants to add them to the workshop?

Hazi likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Maybe I can take a look at it in the coming days and also include the LOD fix. I first need to check though, wich cars are affected by it.

Hazi and Duncan like this.
  10. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Great !
    I use mainly the Mazda.

11. willyC

willyC Registered

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    Bidle, philrob, datasting and 9 others like this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Hi sorry, for the late response, but I am pretty busy right now. I will gladly add your shader tweaks to the next update, but I can't promis when I will get around to package everything up as I also have to check the individual windscreen textures. The next version I will propably upload to steam so that people have easier access to the mod as there were some isses reported with the RD files. Thanks for your contribution to this community pack anyway. ;)

leseb64, z5i6m0nd, atomed and 5 others like this.
  13. willyC

willyC Registered

Sure, take your time. No rush.....

14. Full Right

Full Right Registered

As if you dont have enough requests, etc, is there anyway to adjust the game so that the mirrors in the Porsche are visible in a single monitor situation?
    If not, perfectly fine. If there is, I'd really like to be pointed in the right direction. The mod is just brilliant. Thanks!

15. Avner

Avner Registered

This mod is good. Thank you very much.
    Only slight issue is the C11 is pogoing too much. Isn't it intentional or a bug?

16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

17. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Hi @hitm4k3r
    I changed the windowsin files for all the cars. I saved the new DDS into the original MAS files (teams, teams_bonus and individual cars) (made a backup before doing this) but the mod didn´t show in the list of cars for rF2.

Since I don´t know what could be wrong, here goes the link to download all the windowsin files ziped in 3 different folders so perhaps you know how to do this properly:

I will delete the link as soon as you post here that you got the files:

https://mega.nz/file/mIswTRjD#TiBu5iQk75wJAQEOjaoJ1Ww804bu8z8gJGEOvBXz0n0

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Hallo, thanks alot for your contribution. This propably saved me alot of time. I have finaly a bit of time so I will take a look at all the fixes and the shader updates the coming days. If all works well we should have a 1.3 update in the next two weeks. I hope this doesn't conflict with any league races but most of the updates are cosmetical so people shouldn't have to deal with new setups or antything like that.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Mauro, atomed, Corti and 5 others like this.
  19. Full Right

Full Right Registered

Thanks for the heads up! Very kind of you.

20. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Hi :)
    I did a lot of paintings for the original version of the mod and found a couple of points that could not be solved by then:

a. some of the cars used Dunlop tires but they were not implemented in the mod. So cars have Dunlop stickers but no Dunlop tires to be found;
    b. for each car there was the choice of using the IMSA engine or the WSC engine.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include Dunlop tires, even if using the GoodYear or Yokohama configuration.

Next, would it be possible to set the engines properly, WSC engine for WSC cars, and IMSA engine for IMSA cars. I never made a rF2 mod so I don´t know how to do this, but perhaps it would be easy to add and would improve how the cars look and drive in a more realistic way.