[REL] MAK-Corp Group C Community Update

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by hitm4k3r, Apr 13, 2023.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

20230407013525_1.jpg
    Hello boys and girls, it's been quite a while since I have started working on this update and I think it's well worth to share it with everyone who is interested in that kind of racing at this point. Let me start by saying that the biggest part of this mod was created by the talented people from MAK-Corp and that I simply improved the most obvious issues that have crept in over the years since the mod was last updated. I also added a few skins from very talented skinners like @Highlandwalker or rvierira from RD who created some of the IMSA skins. And last but not least I want to say thank you to Chris, who provides the showroom and online tools to make the icon creation less of a pain. Without his help, knowledge and generosity rF2 wouldn't have survived as long as it did, especialy the modding community. If anyone feels offended by me releasing this update, then let me know and I will take down the DL. As the modding team hasn't been active since several years now, it's difficult to get in touch with them.

Anyway, what do you get with this update?
    I sorted all the skins in a way that makes everything a bit better structured. All driver names and skin names have been standardized and the filters adjusted accordingly (IMSA, JSPC and WSC). You get 11 new 962 skins and 6 new and more historical correct Sauber skins, that I allready showcased in the skinning section. Some of the skins that weren't on the 962, 787/B and on the C11 are in a Bonus section now. On the graphics side of things I fixed all the rainlight and brakelight shaders on all cars, the backfires work properly and the tyres recieved an extensive update with the new IBL shaders and new textures. That was a "bit" of work. I also removed the HANS from the driver and changed the helmet to a more historical correct one from the official set of helmets. Under the hood there has been an extensive update for the AI. They are completely recalibrated so that they give you a proper competetive race at 100% difficulty without 962 and Mazdas blasting by and Saubers crawling in the back of the pack. This update includes a new BOP, especialy for the AI to make races a bit closer but still keep some characteristics of the cars obvious. It also includes talent files for all the different drivers for the three cars. I tested mixed fields on different track combos with shorter races and it works well. I also ran a 4 hour race at Spa wich worked good too. The C11 will have an advantage on faster tracks with high downforce sections like Donnington or Spa, while the 962 while stretch it's legs on high speed tracks like Monza but suffer on short and twisty tracks like Brands Hatch compared to the 787B. The AI is also alot less prone to crashing or causing pileups now, so for anyone who thinks that rF2 AI is crap in general - it isn't.

Let me close by saying that I usualy do leveldesign for FPS games, so car modding isn't my usual cup of tea. So I appologize for potential issues and bugs. There is alot of stuff to be fixed yet, like the sounds that need to be transfered to the new sound system and there are still small issues with some skins, banners or upgrades. But overall it should bring you this fantastic episode of racing with an improved experience to your home PC and offer the logical addition to the fantastic VLM mod for rF2. I don't know if I will have more time in the coming weeks so I think this is the best way to get atleast something released for everyone to enjoy.

Have fun:

Community-Update 1.3:
    https://mega.nz/file/sqsRCQhZ#jWZPrCR1prQYZw4FaDe6VAFKoq9PWBo2xyMcuqBXpLs
    This version includes the following updates:
    • shader update thanks to @willyC
    • an update for the milky windows thanks to @Art_Pereira
    • an update for the LOD settings thanks to @Manfredk2

On a last note: I would recommend to unsubscribe from the workshop mod and install this mod the usual way by dropping it into your packages folder and using the modmanager or ingame content management system. In the comming days I will also upload it on RD so that we have more sources to DL it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    Raven80, Lars, 7bhp_Mk and 36 others like this.
  2. bears

bears Registered

Amazing work mate thank so much for sharing

3. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Thanks for sharing!

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Thank you, much appreciated!

5. Corti

Corti Registered

Thank you, great job! ;)

6. philrob

philrob Registered

Great work, thank you for the continued updates.

7. datasting

datasting Registered

dropbox link do not work, to many downloads..

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright. Will fix that once I get home from work. Thanks for the info.

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@hitm4k3r I would suggest to use ?dl=1 instead of ?dl=0 at the End of the Link.
    In that Way, the Download starts without a Dropbox Website gets opened and maybe also prevents, that the Download gets blocked, because of too much Downloads.

ThomasJohansen, hitm4k3r and pkelly like this.
  10. pascom

pascom Registered

Thank you @hitm4k3r
    New version on Workshop maybe?

AKR likes this.
  11. atomed

atomed Member

Any mirror would be highly appreciated, I can upload to Mega when I get it.

datasting likes this.
  12. datasting

datasting Registered

Yes please...

13. cybe

cybe Registered

Yes please

14. Corti

Corti Registered

you need a clue....? :rolleyes:

atomed and cybe like this.
  15. cybe

cybe Registered

Got it. Thank you :)

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright, have changed the DL according to @redapg. Let me know if it works now.

Manfredk2 and Corti like this.
  17. Nordeex

Nordeex Registered

Link temporarily disabled

This can happen when the link has been shared or downloaded too many times in a day. Check back later and we’ll open access to more people. Learn more.

Tom lane likes this.
  18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright. As I haven't really dealt with the dropbox issue before, I uploaded the mod to Racedepartement. Links are in the OP. Due to the upload limit there are three parts required. When I get around it, I will offer a workshop version aswell.

Corti, Tom lane and atomed like this.
  19. vava74

vava74 Registered

Perhaps up could liaise with @Storm Gang Simulation as they made improvements to the MAK cars (with permission), as well as additions (Peugeot, Nissan and Jaguar), for their 1991 WSC league mod, which I believe will be released at some point in the future.
    Eventually the sum of all improvements from both sides will give the community an even better end result which we can all enjoy.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Anyone else getting data error from 7 zip trying to install this?