REPLACED Loch Drummond v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

And besides the average quality, the framerate is poor, once again.

2. Domi

Domi Registered

Because the shadows are off past certain distance, sometimes even being quite close...

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you add system information to your profile so that any framerate issue could be read in context in terms of both feedback and any action required? Thanks.

4. 88mphTim

Very strange. Car shadows are on with my system with B300 for the whole lap. And again, your textures aren't showing full res, certainly. Are you running too many AI for it?

5. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I also noticed the floating cars thing. Looks odd but doesn't spoil the fun for me.
    I thought the shadow thing was a known bug? It's all over replays on any track.

6. Domi

Domi Registered

It's not very strange, it's like that since day 1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj2pet4i2i470yo/GRAB_029.JPG

All full settings, with shadows at high.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I get wet reflections on the tarmac round this track also, and the shadow bug.

8. 88mphTim

Again, saying you have high settings means nothing without system information. You can't be shown things your system cannot support. Giving feedback of this type doesn't go any further than your post unless there is more complete information. Please add your system to your profile. Thanks.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just watched the AI (Meganes) and with MAX shadows I get a strange lined effect going over all the cars when watching the TV Cams, first time I ran the track so cant be a shader issue or need to "delete and reload" anything.

Memories flooded back so cant wait to race here later!

10. Domi

Domi Registered

Done now. Tried also with shadows on max, and still happens. Quite surprised with your reply anyway, as Racefreak I also thought this was a known bug...

11. Zenon

Zenon Registered

Oh, please, Tim...... you have my PC specs im my profile, if you wish I can arrange it for you to access my PC via the Team Viewer thing so you can check the GFX settings personally.....I DO have them maxed out. It does not look like it should, because it should look like Croft or Poznan do, and I would like to remind you that they were made by an amateur.

EDIT: It's not that I feel an internal urge to pour scorn on and hate every track you release. I think Palm Beach is allright. I quite like that little Portuguese circuit you released a few months back, too. But more often than not your tracks just don't look like they ought to so there's an obvious waste of the engine's capabilities. If you compare your Lime Rock (which I like a lot, but NOT because of its looks :)) with the newly-released Reiza GSC 2013 tracks, even those small ones located somewhere in the Brazilian sticks, then well, there's no contest, they win hands down and they are made on an old (ancient even by today's standards) engine! Not only do they look better, they are way more FPS friendly. Where I get 50 fps in rFactor2 I get 150 fps at a track of a similar length and infrastructure in GSC2013. I know rF2 incorporates some new CPU-intensive stuff like lighting or HDR, but in most cases it just doesn't show, except maybe in the cockpits, they are more "alive" with the lights and shadows. (But incidentally, compare your "bare" cockpits in your Meganes/Clios with a similarly "bare" cockpit the Chevy Opalas in GSC2013 have. While there's nothing more than a crude metal dashboard and a rev counter it does look nice. Yours look more like dark gray-black shiny poo). Really, rF2 has the potential, but please, allow it to shine.

Lots of people who have bought rF2 are becoming increasingly disgruntled with it. They are waiting for an improvement, for the removal of bugs, for some kind of optimisation. Come on, is it really that hard to correct the perspective in F3's mirrors? To do something about the insane amounts of smoke that is generated with every tire lockup? To finally do something about the overexposure? To get rid of other small, but irritating bugs? We are waiting for an improvement that sort of never comes. And instead we get a fantasy track that doesn't even look half as decent as it should, with a screwed-up HDR profile. I am sorry, but I am going to spend today's evening playing GSC.

@Racefreak1976 - I called him an amateur because he is not employed in the gaming industry as a graphics artist, nor does he create virtual racetracks professionaly (which is a shame, by the way :))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  12. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

feels3 is far from being an amateur, man!

I, however am not a professional idiot, I'm just a gifted amateur! :D

I should make this my signature, lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Its shame its fictional, it would be awesome if this track was on Loch Drummond, i dont stay too far from there :)

Great job

14. 88mphTim

Look at the grass and dirt edge texture in your shot.

[​IMG]

Look at the grass and dirt edge texture in this shot. Randomly pulled from another post where some good feedback is given on a tree issue.

[​IMG]

I haven't stated you were lying, or what your settings were in difference to what you stated. You're assuming that. What I've said, and only, is that you're not seeing the track as the track can be, regardless of those settings you have in the sim. And this can only really be down to some sort of system issue, whether a system setting, or system hardware. I didn't say whether it would or would not be looked at, because I haven't yet got past the fact with you that yours looks different. And while I would expect in-car and swingman cams to look a little better, because of how the system has worked, it shouldn't be that stark of a difference, as can be plainly seen in the images above, and that's what I pointed out in reply to your original post, where I AGREED with you that it shouldn't look how it does look on your system.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

A beautiful track with elevation changes, up's and down's. Really nice to drive and good to ride with the Megane. Graphical errors i see here and there but i think nothing which is not already known, otherwise a good appearance. With the settings to the time i must use the performance is very good on my htpc and the look is relatively to the settings also good. I must say the overall impression on a good set of Plasma is much better than on a monitor. The colors are much more natural and rf2 Looks much better for me.

16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

1) Shadows issue you're seeing are part of a know little bug which is fixed on actual internal builds.

2) Sidecams very distant to the subject and using a very short FOV (you can call it as a sort of zoom) are going to compress LOT of space information inside a SMALL image area. Screenshots using those cameras are going to be affected by this stuff as for mip and bias involved.

3) Check if you're using aniso filtering

4) If you want to judge a texture you've to judge a texture. Period. Not the way it's rendered by the GFX, when using low settings and/or hardcore situations like zooms or very low position cameras above the terrain. And remember those are raster images not fractals so you can't ask for something it's impossible, no matter the artist.

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

Tuttle there is also on this track the problem with the "transparency AA = "1" / / soften edges around alpha test objects" in conjunction with a AMD and the trees when rasterized.

18. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

One issue I have is the FPS are all over the place for me. I can go anywhere from 130 plus FPS down to 32 FPS during one race depending on where I'm at on the track. That range seems a bit drastic to me. Any tips on what I need to be doing with my system settings?

I have the following:

Intel i5-3570K
    8GB Crucial Memory
    128GB Crucial SSD drive
    1TB Hitachi 7200 harddrive
    GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s MOBO
    2 - XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB (Crossfire)
    Corsair CX750M - 750W
    Triple Screen - Dell S2340M

Here's my 3DMark11 score if it helps any: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7300510

19. 88mphTim

Thanks Marvin, great feedback. Do you notice it worse on certain tracks, better on others, which is top of the list in either direction, good and bad? is the slowdown occurring at the pit lanes (as you pass them)? Do you have similar issues at race starts? Have you tried reducing visible AI in options?

20. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

1) Thank God! I was afraid you guys didn't even know about this.

2) Makes sense to me.

3) What? Never mind.

4) Makes sense also.

5) Will shadows be fixed with next build or in another?

@Zenon "I called him an amateur because he is not employed in the gaming industry as a graphics artist, nor does he create virtual racetracks professionaly (which is a shame, by the way)" I know, bro. And you're totally right about that too.