Laguna Seca v0.1

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Raggnator, Mar 19, 2013.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Even with protection it will eventually be hacked to but you dont need to worry about that.
    Those who buy and if you make good content will support you in ways you cant imagine and i think nobody here has doubts about quality you can do. Go for it, try with one track and you will see if its worthed or not.
    Feel free to contact me if you want some infos over pm or if you have send me skype info and ill add you there.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ales has got money with his payware mods (there's also an option for someone to share Ales's work without a permission but I think most of us have respect for the creator and don't share)

In a way I like Galaga's idea. I just don't want it to be mainstream way to release tracks. Not sure how much effort pretty short track like Laguna Seca would take. If it's around 1-2 euros per person to get it done then I'm in :p This way I could get ISI tracks and almost 20 quality tracks from third parties with only 20 euros, not a bad deal imo.

The problem is that you usually have to pay before the project starts (because the idea was that a creator can't do it for free because time is money). I would have to know that a creator is talented and can deliver. And if we pay for a track then I would expect to have drivable version pretty soon after the project start (good road surface but no need for bells and whistles right away).

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's a shame really because donations should be the logical way forward. Sadly the entitlement culture in the PC sim racing scene will always inhibit this because too many people believe modders work should be completely free.

I've already made donations to a couple of track builders and will continue to do so for the quality work. It's the right thing to do given the hundreds of hours modders put into their work.

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I get the idea though that some people think by donating money they speed up the modding process. that might be a mistake. One has only so much spare time ;)

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Not me. I donate after the track has been released. :cool:

Just a small gesture of thanks more than anything.

7. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Would love to see a quality Laguna Seca track. It's my favorite.

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Well to me all I see that is needed is mesh fixed. I'll IM INTEL and Raggenator.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

IM sent to Raggnator. Someone remind me. What are ethics of improving an abandoned track/conversion without permission?

10. Miro

Miro Registered

You should check out this thread. This is Mario's version.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7506-Monterey-Laguna-Seca-LIDAR-(WIP)

I always run the tracks on low detail settings.
    To me it looks like a track on low detail settings already, just without curbs. :)
    It really looks very very good already.

11. coops

coops Banned

+1 i have done the same.

12. rer8

rer8 Registered

This looks very nice... smooth... I hope this one finds its way to the finished rF2 tracks... Well done Mario!

13. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Im wondering as i didnt see any credits for this track and the info says its conversion. Its com8 version right?

14. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Please any comments about my track don't post here. My Thread is here