Laguna Seca v0.1

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Raggnator, Mar 19, 2013.

1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

besides from beeing really bumpy (because of low poly as you explained) its a huge fun to drive this track, esp. with Nissan or Corvette.
    THANK YOU for sharing this early version. I am estonished about low file size and so much details there. Good dusty atmosphere !

2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I want to make clear that this circuit is not mine. This circuit is from SimBin or Shift.

why do people continue to post contents that not of his own and are stolen from other games?

3. Jize

Jize Registered

because maybe for some people it is not important whose property it is but it's more important to make a great track available to drive in your favourite sim. and either way it's not your job to take care of somebody elses property. what are you? some kind of civile police/ selfrighteous person? those are pretty lame :p

4. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

This is what gives rfactor a bad reputation about crappy mods tho, half of the conversion are dreadfull when it comes to road surface (or looks, or performance) because it's done quickly and released. People try the beta, download a custom track and are immedeatly put off.

And there's no need for that last sentence, I doubt the people from those companies will see it like that.

5. Jize

Jize Registered

i dont care how the people from those companys see it. this was not my point. my point was: it's just strange that someone who is not in those companys thinks the same way. scary.
    and the fact that you have also bad conversions and also bad 'original' mods comes with the fact that this game is modable. you can't stop that unless you make it closed game. i don't really see the point how one can get upset about it. then just don't dl bad mods and then you won't be bothered by their bad quality. or am i missing the point? :)
    this is the beauty for example at rfactorcentral with those ratings. you can see what rating a mod has and make up your mind about it.

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

You seem to think that because you are on the internet the rules don't apply, or you can ignore them because you are invincible.
    You might be as a user but the person doing the conversion etc might nog always be this "safe". There's nothing scary about it, it's called having some common sense.

7. Jize

Jize Registered

"You seem to think that because you are on the internet the rules don't apply, or you can ignore them because you are invincible."

no :)
    i just don't like preemptive obedience. that's all.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The track is great. It is bumpy like the real Laguna is and drives really well. I see no proof that this track is not legitimate, it drives great and is a fine addition to rF2. New drivers to rF2 will be attracted to the sim as a result of this work so thank you. I'll be using this track in races online really soon!

9. Gmilno

Gmilno Registered

The origin of this track is clearly Codemasters :rolleyes:

10. JTninja

JTninja Registered

In some places its far too bumpy, and in others not enough. As mentioned earlier, the red curbing needs to be raised, hitting that in real life can really throw around the car. There needs to be a bigger drop off from the regular curves to the sand, especially in T4 and T6 exit. Its not exactly an accurate version of the track, but its better than nothing.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Had a try earlier, I must admit I'm a little spoilt by the laser scanned version in iracing which has good track surface

In the laser scanned version (& no doubt real version) there are a few dips/bumps in places that could really throw the car, 1 of which is on the inside of the bend going up the hill to the cork screw right in the racing line
    these dips/bumps really give iracings & real world version of the track life&charactor,

Sadly this version dosnt have any of these things, fps gets a tad choppy around the cork screw,

If the track surface was updated then this would be a decent recreation, maybe a little more texture here & there as well and it would be really good

Cheers

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I have no idea of the real track, but so far this is good, thanks!

13. Twista

Twista Registered

The track surface is very low poly, and the bumps seem too sharp. Which is something I've found in most of the conversions so far, but it seems like a good start.

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Guys this track is incredible in the t70s. Does anyone know the official status? Is this illegal? Where is Raggenator? Is he OK with someone fixing mesh? That alone would make this track amazing, even if it is not completely accurate. IMO this should be a top 3 t70 track easily.

What are options? Can anything be done with this track? What a waste if it is not much effort to add polys to surface and make it read road compatible if it is not already.

Come on guys!

Mario, just out of curiosity what would effort hours be to add polys to mesh and make it real road compatible.

If you say $100, I'd put in $10 right now and I bet at least 10 others would easily. No?

So what is the status of this track. Where is Raggenator? What are ethics IF track is legal and he has abandoned it? OK to pick up where he left off? Etc. etc. etc. etc. Come on! Can't we save this track? What a waste otherwise. Right?

Am I wasting my time? It just seems like this track is hanging out there and no one has closed the loop, so to speak.

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Wondering the same thing as Galaga... I would really like to use this track.

16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

to Galaga:

If all people think like you i'm finish my "Monterey Laguna" and "Road Atlanta" (Need to change name I have no license owner. any tip?).

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Just call it Braselton- kind of how ISI calls Monza Brianza. Or Atlanta Roadcourse

18. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Braselton and Monterey would work.
    @Mario
    Just go full pay route. I'm normally not a fan of pay mods but I think by now we all know that the donation thing unfortunately doesn't work. Having seen some of your work and when it comes to those 2 tracks I'm fairly certain there would b way more then enough interest to make it worth ur time.

19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

And maybe you could release a free demo without all visual bells & whistles but with finished surface mesh and real road so people could test the feel and physics and also test whether it is a good fit for the vehicles they are running & functionally working with pits, boundaries, etc. and they could see graphic quality via screenshots and videos and comments from others who paid for the track.

Of course I am just brainstorming as I have no idea whether this makes sense or is doable without extra work, etc.

20. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

A demo version can be a option.

if sell the final version there is no protection. Just a person buying and if share it everyone can use. :(