Join button still grey(video inside)!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, I have this problem too. On sunday around 17:00 GMT I was able to connect to servers, than for an hour - almost for every server Join button was greyed out no matter what I did (restart router, PC, rF2). Around 18:00 GMT I was able to join again.
    I think its problem with ISI`s hosting system. Maybe request for authorisation to ISI servers when clicking on server in lobby can not get an answer, or something like this.

2. datanode

datanode Registered

I am fairly certain isi have this up on their priority fixes. They are and have been working on fixes for this.

I suppose I am surprised people are only just noticing it now.

But it is fairly clear a few people still don't realise about this is already reported bug, I do wonder if there is a better way.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I'm fully aware this has existed for awhile now. It's mostly fixed now. But 30% of the time it's still greyed out. You will get it working eventually atm but we should be aiming for 100% working (which I'm sure ISI wants too but it's taking too long). Some people give up trying more easily than I but I fully understand them.

4. datanode

datanode Registered

There is Tim has this post, I would recommend going here.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ported-to-devs?p=258052&viewfull=1#post258052

Now I reacon a general help we button in rfactor2 that links to www.rfactor.net/support/known-issues

That 301 redirects to that post could help then maybe build a support page with a few links and update a part of forum blah blah blah :) you get the idea.

The redirect is for ISI's benefit and is good practice for evolving content e.g. changing it without having to mess around with rfactor builds if you need to change it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  5. datanode

datanode Registered

That's ok, saying I was surprised was unnecessary even if I am.

The feedback loops are there and the customer service is good. But I think there are lots of things that can help the customer / isi communicate these issues.

The important thing is they are working on it, the bad things are 1 it isn't fixed and 2 some people are still not aware.

On point 1 they are already working on it and are doing there best with it? So what more can you do... Maybe they could make people aware of what is being worked on a bit more, but it is not for us to say how they want to run some internals. That might conflict with how they want to run :/

On point 2 yes there is some stuff that can be done, a wiki, or even the advice I posted above will help direct from the game straight to relevant content for support.

That would be simple, enhance the user experience and make it easier on support staff alike. Win win opportunity being missed there :-(

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Some one has made this comment in my video