Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With that kind of answer, he doesn't know how soon or far away, probably the person he would ask wasn't there to ask (Jeremy isn't on the graphics engine).

2. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

I think that the practice to ban people, not improved climate, that gives more frustration about authorized persons

3. 88mphTim

Are you suggesting life should not carry consequences for actions? I'd have to say I disagree with that. Sorry.

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

of course, but you have to find the right balance in the U.S. it's not more peaceful, although there are still death penalthy

to not constructive should not be a reason for a ban

5. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

What means: "changing veh in practice" ?

6. 88mphTim

The actual reason for the ban was already stated in the warning that came before it, and has since been posted by someone else. Non-constructive feedback is a by-product, but usually contains the types of things that cause banning.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Blood in the water/mob mentality. :)

8. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

you can change your car during a practise session, nice feature :)

less join lags :cool:

or not?

9. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Fake rFactor2 image, fake rFactor2 expectations, wrong things about ISI Team and his capacity to have a good and stable game.

- Why do you still playing rFactor2? I stay here because rFactor1 is odd, really old game, and Im not going to play it anymore, iRacing is a monthly paid game, I dont aprove that practice, AC and pCars are newer games and Im waiting for them before exiting rFactor2, basically I dont want to be misled again. But I know that pCars is worse about physics, and AC at the moment is worse too, but getting improved.

lot of people stay here because there is no competitive simulator to go, the question about a simulator is not ''go to the best one'', is ''go to the less worse one''.

This can be understand as a constructive post, because you have to think about your product, and do it better to change how your customers think about your product. at the moment seems that ISI is working at rFactor2 with just a few people doing a few hours per week for rFactor2.

10. 88mphTim

It would be constructive if there was information on where we faked anything. That kind of accusation completely changes your post. There can then be absolutely no respect from anyone for any other points you make. This is a very good example of terrible feedback, and a very good example of why people can come across in maybe a completely different way to what they intend. Those kind of accusations, which are usually based on perception and person-to-person anticipation rather than direct information, are a big problem. Because of your first line or text, any other positive information feedback in your post is tainted.

Right now, I am frankly wondering if you have successfully updated your build to a recent version? What build are you running? I do remember it taking 5 pages of posts of you saying you had a clean install, but were getting problems, to remove a third party plugin and actually have a clean install. Removing the problem. When you also state that nothing has changed in a year, I'm curious if you have updated the software?

11. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I have everything up to date with B382, a build exactly do the same as the B148 I started with: being unfinished and unstable. With B148 you have the excuse that it was a beta stage and is what you can expect for a beta software, but now teorically we are out of beta stage and we have exactly the same: unstable and unfinished software.
    You want sentences that proves you lied in the past? ok, I can give you some videos, that is easy to show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZWeEoOxKKw What happens with flatspotting?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzWNZcCIYks Where is that rain?
    I can lose more time searching for more fakes things but I dont need to do, everybody know it, but not everybody write here.
    You can distort the history man, but it will not give you the truth, rFactor2 was working correctly with a X build and with an update something was getting wrong, and thats the core and nothing else.
    Its curious that a few pages older in this post, you said that you dont remember me, and now you come back with that, now you remember me? wow, your memory is really stable, like rFactor2 ;)

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

So before we get a new build and judge HDR, have a look here:

http://color.method.ac/

You should be scoring perfect on every aspect of your monitor's test.

13. 88mphTim

And, we're done. Heaven forbid someone actually remembers you after saying otherwise, eh? Enough of a lack of understanding that I don't think the forum or communication is useful to you anyway.

14. McNolo

McNolo Registered

You say he should express themselves freely outside this forum, not here... you give me the reason, here there is no freedom of expression, it is a censored Forum.

I've seen is an unjustified expulsion. I have not seen reasons for doing that (and many others like me). However, when you were invited to give an explanation, you rejected it and not said anything. That is what I have seen.

It is perfectly clear, you know it very well. And you also know that I am right in this, but you prefer to find interpretations to justify your actions.

Regards.

15. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Thank you, tomorrow i will look in my Monitor settings..
    Also thanks Hagen !

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500
    nothing to add. all what we can hear from isi - bla-blablabla and bla-bla-bla.. but 2 years left and the game is still on the same level - unstable and unfinished software.

17. 88mphTim

Spaksis and I are discussing what happened, and will be fine. But you're being so arrogant in showing a lack of acceptance that he needed a timeout, that now you're getting one as well. See you in a few days.

This is not your forum, and Spaksis is not your responsibility here.

18. Panigale

Panigale Banned

With McNolo banned we won't be getting anymore screenshots of Bahrain which he never plans to release. :) (j/k)

Looking forward to the new driver Miller said was in testing and the new content coming this year as well. If the unstable builds continue I would humbly suggest expanding the internal test group (within the forum community). Hopefully that won't be needed. BTW - Any possibility that the C7.R is in our future?

19. lagg

lagg Registered

Tim, are you sure that you are acting correctly with this situation?
    I'm admin of a web of simracing (rF2 only). I've had to ban some in the past, but due to important reasons (I.E. A guy who tried to hack the web).
    You have banned three guys in 24 hours.
    - The first has made a lot of circuits for rFactor2, and is member of a group of developers who has done many tracks. I don't know if they will announce their tracks here anymore. This guy furthermore is the member who has helped more to anyone who wanted to convert the rFactor1 tracks to rFactor2.
    - Another of them has done the Car Stats for rFactor2.
    - The third is the author of the most important track of rFactor2 (Bahrain of CTDP). I've tested it for him and i can tell you that he is doing an impressive work. He has got the quality of Silverstone with good FPS.
    And all of this because of a two years old tantrum.

And, of course, nobody of ISI has answered my offer for helping you to solve an important bug (here). This is the most important thing (not my post of the bug), unless the things that ISI is focusing in meanwhile the errors are not solved.
    Hopefully your company is not doing error over error and is not making a sandcastle.

I take the oportunity to say goodbye because i supose you are going to ban me.

20. 88mphTim

I signed another GM property yesterday and extended the existing licensing. Not the C7.R though.