Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That's not it.
    I want to know.
    I just want to know through the official RF2 forum.
    Heck! put a tab in and call it 'Dev Feed'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

"Hello everyone, today built 230 won't be released" ..... sounds like a rely interesting topic :p With some news I would agree though, but not everything. Besides, with topics like this news will be visible to the forum users anyway, so less important updates can be seen by everyone here as well.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I don't see the problem... from the very beginning Jeremy's tweets have been posted here by forum members with very little delay from the original tweets. You don't have to have account or even follow Twitter.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Kunos employees are on Twitter and FB too, dont see the fuss myself!

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yes, it does irritate me too.

I'd go further and say that ISI should reach out to the end-user with a news feed on the rF2 launcher. That way users can keep up-to-date with all the latest content releases and updates without having to actively search for it on Twitter, sim racing news sites, or this forum.

Nothing will change as it is what it is. The user has to have a certain amount of dedication to stay informed about this game. I'm happy enough to do that but I'm sure others aren't.

6. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

I'm happy not being the only one NOT addicted AT ALL to facebook or twitter!
    But I can't help myself from grabbing my wheel... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  7. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

It's just personal tweets, nothing officially I guess. It's nice of people posting it here.

If you think Twitter is addiction, you don't get the use of it. It's the best way to keep in touch with professionals within different ranges of work and companies. Actually it's the best platform for serious interaction instead of other social media crap.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No FB/Twitter here:cool: and I don't miss them....

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't get the Twitter phobia. It is like people think they are cooler if they go against the grain. Don't use Twitter because the masses use it. Don't use Facebook because the masses do. Don't get an iPhone because the masses do.

Just bookmark Jeremy's Twitter page and check it randomly. You don't need an account or login to view it. I don't see how it would be any different from using the forum to make the announcements. The advantage of Twitter is just about every phone out there has some sort of twitter integration or at least a twitter app. When Jeremy updates his status your phone will light up. No need to even go to the forum. You could use email notifications on the forum too I guess. Most companies use Twitter though. It is sort if the standard. I have a twitter account that I never use for anything other than following people and companies that I want updates from. Very far from an addiction. Hitting refresh in a website every day sounds more like an addiction to me.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Just your view.

I don't use facebook, I don't use Twitter.
    In fact a lot of people don't and aren't going to, no matter what you or anybody says.
    You can call me old or conservative but that is the way I am.

The way I see it, I subscribed in a company's forum and I expect I will get all the news about company's activities in threads here and by them, not by members (who btw did a great job to fill the gap).

Btw, you can spend your time in social media, its your choice, these (dedicated at my hobby) forums are as much as I can do.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You still don't get it.
    I have been in dedicated sim forums and I didn't have to look for info outside of them.
    I really cannot grasp the need to search around.

13. coops

coops Banned

if Jeremy has time for twitter why not time for the ISI forum ?

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Because twitter is the standard for dev updates. Consider it the new finger. If anyone even remembers finger.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't have time either. Hence why I like getting a popup on my phone when ever Jeremy posts an update. It's nice, no need to search around or visit a website. Hell I don't even have to touch my computer.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I guess anybody with what he likes, if my phone rung for another reason more than it does now, it would end in a filled bathtub ;)

I still cannot pretend I like the situation here though, but c'est la vie...

17. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

The forum and Tim are pretty good for this... I wouldnt want the updates cuz I can't stand waiting... I like the forum cuz usually there is a nice big post with the latest build release so no waiting, its ready to go...

Noel does have something there with the updates to the phone... Think of them as good things Nikos in the volume of times you are like oh crap when you see the number come up ;)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You are a wizkid with pc stuff, some of us are not, give us ignorants some space please? ;)

My biggest nightmares are when AutoCAD will release a new version and I will spend weeks to find where they hid my fav commands and when my phone breaks and I will have to go through the bloody manual again...

19. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

#this

:D

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Total information or better communication overload here too. 2 computers, 2 notebooks, 1 cellphone, 1 smartphone, 1 tablet, 2 TVs in one flat here. Alot of working and private email, phone calls, SMS, internet news, forums... How should I get the time to seriously think about something?
    I do like Jeremy's twitter though, I see them as an addon to the official forum announcements. Remembering hitting the ISI forum reload button 50 times a day when I wanted to know if there is an upcoming release. On the other side he could simply post on the forum (because I use twitter like a website). It's an addon for me.