Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Lol... I would never claim to be a wizkid... ;)

I have my moments but somethings I just don't get... I can hand make a .gen file but even though I realize F1Fan made a good funny
    I still don't get the whole hashtag things even though my GF has explained it multiple time much to her annoyance ;) LOL

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

And I even didn't know hashtags exists. Thanks to wikipedia something new learned.

3. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

lol.... careful Vittorio... it's a slippery slope once you go down the rabbit hole ;)

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hash tags make sense on Twitter because they get indexed but people use hash tags on FB and text messages which is really annoying if you ask me.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hmm...
    I don't even know what you are talking about.

Don't listen to them Vittorio, just close down all these evil hardware, I will post you a handwritten letter instead (if post office still exists).

On the discussion though, I still believe it is bad manners ISI posting important info somewhere else than their forum.
    Ease of usage travelling is not an issue too, as Tim showed with Tapatalk.

6. coops

coops Banned

Jeremy uses social media cant even use the website that he works for, for communicating about ISI, its very poor IMHO. SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE LOOKING ALL OVER THE BIG WIDE WEB TO FIND DETAILS.

7. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Jeremy uses social media, if you want to hear what he says you'll have to as well. Otherwise the only Info that matters to us end users are releases which are posted on the dev corner page of this (ISI) website. :-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

No one owes you dev details.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Shouldn't you guys start a new thread around " Where ISI should post their dev information?"

This was for commenting Jeremy's rf2 tweets.

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Well, you can't even find tweets in this thread anymore LOL

11. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

What a story for a simple 140 caracters text! LOL! ;)

12. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I have a twitter account, the official twitter application and tweet-caster on my android phone, but never figured how to have a warning (phone light up) when only a specific account post something...

It will be great if a twitter application can create automatically a post in this thread when Jeremy post something on it! :) Sound doable.

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Damn the signal to noise ratio in here is getting bad, if Jeremy tweets it's posted here...What is the problem?

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I like the mini reports , it dosnt matter if its on Facebook / twitter as it finds its way here

It's reassuring as it shows that constant work is on going, if everything was quiet for to long the community could start to suspect that nothing is progressing at all etc which I think would be more frustrating

15. Radar

Radar Registered

What The!... Sorry Coops but I have to disagree here, it's 2013 and it's now part of the norm to communicate using such social media.. I know some gaming communities who use Facebook to communicate their league seasons instead of their own forums as much.. Goes both ways I'm afraid...

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

2013 and communication is out of a forum.
    Nice times indeed!!

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep, our league (which does 4 - 12 hour races) uses FB for for events and also updates as the races take place. Also, almost every team in the league has a highly active FB page where they post race reports as the races go on along with driver reports as they finish their stints. They also post videos of race highlights and stuff like that. If you are a race fan you are really missing out if you don't use FB. All the real race teams use it too. Also if you search for #lemans on Twitter you will get a live scrolling ticker with a constant flow of information about the race this weekend. Info directly from the teams the second things happen. Teams will post updates on the status of repairs in the pits and stuff like that. It is really cool. Just because you join twitter or FB doesn't mean you are automatically Paris Hilton. You don't have to have a public profile. You don't have to share any personal detail. Hell you don't even have to use your real name. I promise that I will not tell anyone if you guys join the dark side and join these services. Hehe. It will be our secret. :)

I will admit I rejected FB for many years too.

18. yifter

yifter Registered

Guys... just leave the thread to announcements from Jeremy, would you. Discuss something else somewhere else, please. Thanks.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

+1

I don't follow Tim nor Jeremy on Twitter, but thanks to these two threads I had that communication exposed here, on forum.

Now this ability is taken away from me by people who hijacked this thread to discuss need for communication on forum. It's getting harder to spot tweets here, so I will probably have to stop looking for news here and go to Twitter directly.

Now how ironic is that? ;)

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Where's the ironic part? ^^

Having your own twitter is the best way to follow updates. If you have questions for one of them (Tim or Jeremy) you can post it here but there is little chance that Jeremy will be on the forum at the time and Tim is here when he has time, so the best way is to ask them on twitter. I did it couple of times and almost everytime I got my answer there. So it's no-brainer for me. :)