ISI? When Does

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MOD43, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I agree with everything you say with a small exception, nuance actually, that people DO have the right to demand but that doesn't mean they have a right to GET WHAT they are demanding.

Again, or to clarify, I was outlining the choices the community has and the best psychology is to assume that the clock has not begun because that is the only reasonable thing for ISI to do and a lot has changed (or hasn't changed) since January.

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I've done a lot more offline racing in 2 weeks of rF2 than in a year of nKP. :p

3. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

There are many similarities between these two and netKar failed by its slow development and online problems, rFactor seems to go the same way.

It is quite possible that in the future say, I played more with AC in a month than in a year rFactor2. : p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I'm really hoping for an AC demo off Steam, and then we'll talk. I do agree that the tech preview is very promising.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Just one thing guys - it was said before, that people who purchased beta will get +6 months to their subscription ( so 1,5 year instead of one ). It was also said that this additional time we get may be more than 6 months. We got 1,5 year for free in the end, so much more that was originally stated.

It was never said ( and if I recall correctly - it was denied by Tim ) that we will get rF2 for free until release date + one year afterwards.

So release date of rF2 and end of this free subscription were never tied together. This is something people made up themselves.

I knew this before even beta was released. That's why I didn't want to go for option with subscription. Fortunately, after suggestions from community, Gjon introduced lifetime license. Assuming that one day I would buy rF2 anyway, I bought it straight away and I don't need to worry about any release dates.

I understand people's concerns, but let's just not forget that ultimately it's our own choice to jump on this train or not. Like I said - I wouldn't go for subscription myself because it didn't seem a reasonable option at this stage.

6. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Are you saying that I can get Assetto Corsa for 7 euros or is this just a ridiculous comparison of the price of a fairly new sim against an old one. :rolleyes:

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I use to make this same joke with my friends, ROFL!!! i gonna be thinking in this all day!

8. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

edit button... delete... sorted! :D

9. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The comparison is two simulators that offer the same, physical good, good FFB and nothing more.

Assetto Corsa cost 40 or 45 €. Do not understand how rFactor 2 costs much more than Assetto Corsa, I can not get in the head.:confused:

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Wait until both are released, then we may compare.

Besides, you will pay for additional cars and tracks in Assetto Corsa while we don't pay for these in rF2. So you may say rF2's price includes some future content.

11. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The contents of the version 1.0 is more than 20 cars and about 10 tracks which is more content than ISI has taken a year and a half. And of much higher quality.

The DLCs are free and some are not obligated to buy DLCs.

You are quite right, comparisons should be made when Assetto Corsa will be on sale. If the AC line is not good, everything else does not matter.

12. Panigale

Panigale Banned

OT, but in line with the last couple posts, I was pumped for AC but less so as info is released. e.g. Career game play, walking around the car, doors opening, etc. is seemingly more important than pit stops, dynamic weather, and real road. I think that focus says something about the game and where it is headed.

e.g. Racing the FR3.5 at Silverstone and seeing the clouds slowly change from concerning to ! it's raining. The change in light and shadows as the weather rolls in and how that impacts visibility. Deciding whether you can risk one more lap before coming in, do I lift, how wet is that next corner...
    Even something as simple as getting into the car and starting it up. The community asked for that option in the plr and we got it. Simple details coupled with advance features like real road and weather make the experience. It is GPU thirsty but I don't think we give rF2 the credit it deserves, it is a good leap more advanced overall than anything else available. Servers might be mostly empty but I assume a lot of us play offline.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

But who's to say that AC wont have all that in years to come? or even sooner!? both titles are in "constant development" and therefore additional features will be added over time and it really will boil down to which one is best. Personally I dont care as I'll own both, but if AC hits the ground running with better mod support then I can see groups jumping the RF2 ship and heading over and where mod groups go the online racers go.

As said above it's already coming out with a lot more cars & tracks in v1.0 than RF2 currently has (official that is) and if modding is as simple as it seems then it wont be long before the first user cars & tracks become available, I predict we'll see more than in RF2 one year after ACs release if it's that good!

14. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

AsettoCorsa has focused on creating a stable simulator, all well done. As said, then, not to extend the release of the game will be added rain, visual damage, + improvements, + cars and tracks ...

The Demotech and a simulator has shown me a lot more serious than rFactor2, very professional, it is difficult to find a bug and it is hard to say that needs improvement is all about perfect. You could add more things, but what exists is just great.

see it on my monitor, it must be a wonderful experience :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1015256_679746085385046_720007529_o.jpg

15. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

It looks absolutely stunning. I can't wait to give it a drive, but if the physics don't compare to rf2 then Ill be playing rf2 alot more. Physics and car feel are most important to me. And anti aliasing lol

16. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The physics in my view are better in AC, I like but behave like suspensions and especially the grip of the car, which I think is the best there is. From Netkas always been given its excellent work in the grip of the tires. In rFactor 2 cars with low grip feel and does not feel real.

The AssettoCorsa FFB is good, but do not feel all the details as Netkar/rFactor2. Some players complained to Kunos Simulazioni and quite possibly in version 1.0 feels much like netKar which is what I like.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One thing I've noticed is that I have never, not even once, seen in an AC discussion forum where someone said "yeah AC looks awesome.....but they don't have real road or dynamic weather". Not one single time. And you know why? NOBODY CARES. No one will run weather online. OK the two rF2 people who care and the 5-10 fanboys who just keep bringing it up in support of rF2 but won't even use it. Dynamic stuff cool? Yes. Even 1% as important as physics, graphics and ease of use? Nope.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

trouble is with RF2 weather is broken, in the fact that Spray can be turned off at the users end - and as far as I know - it's not set by the server admin, so it's pointless running a pick up server with Rain knowing people will ease through the pack with Spray turned off! Please correct me if I'm wrong though :eek:

Leagues will certainly use weather, and the Real Road is there and perfectly usable right now (apart from the accelerated business still). For me AC needs to have dynamic road sooner rather than later, weather can come later for me.

19. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The main thing is a stable base, and then build on it. It is almost certain that the rain will be in AssettoCorsa and is probably as good as it is very good nkpro.

The transition from day to night is nearly complete in the Demotech, probably need to adapt the circuits.

20. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Hmm no answer from ISI yet
    Poor customer service:(