Isi please give us the option! Dont force it! Either option it, or get rid of it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Please, ISI, give us THE OPTION to disable/enable the throttle and brake things that others can see.

I dont mind leaving it on, when I am in general races, and I would LOVE having it on if I am helping someone, or if someone is helping me, or whatever.

BUT...

If I am in a league, and I am battling some guy for a championship or 5th place or whatever, and I am putting hours and hours and hours of work into practicing, setup, etc., then the last thing I want my main rivals to be seeing is that, sometimes there are even prizes or money on the line.

BOTTOM LINE IS.....

Its a GREAT feature to have, but having it forced on no matter what, is a HORRIBLE aspect of the feature's current implementation.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not think that you will be able to drive as good as the other driver just because you get his data. At least you teammate should have access to this data (if there is a teammate). I know that I would not be able to copy the driving of a faster gut just by watching this throttle and braking data. Just faster way to learn a track.

But maybe there is no harm of making it optional in league races where you can count on that everyone knows when to push and when to brake...

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

+1!!!

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Come on now, it is just a game:rolleyes: !! it isn't Ferrari vs RedBull:p

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Dude, you can watch it all when entering a 'rivals' cockpit anyways, same in rfactor and most other games. Gear, rpm atleast...

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Completely different.

Like I said its great to have, but I take my sim racing seriously (lots of people do) and just the option of turning it off for when you are in serious seasons/leagues would be nice.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

How is that "completely different" ? The G-illustration for example is completely useless, but a fun feature. You can find speed by looking at someones brake/clutch ?

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think it is totally different thing to know how you should drive and actually pulling it off as imagined.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

By seeing where they are braking and when they are applying throttle and how much, you can fine tune your own corners and brake zones if that is where you are losing the time to someone else.

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Which you can from cockpit too, when rpms drop it usually means that people go from GAS to BRAKE...

I really don't get this request :p Data IS available and has to be, so wether it requires a plugin to view or is standard makes no difference.

11. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Seeing the actual throttle input and brake input is a lot more descriptive and helpful then just guessing by sounds.

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Just added to my comment above, you know TV-styles plugin, same thing...

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

14. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Your head must be in a really bad place if you think others are going to study your replay. That would be holding you back alot more than anyone could possibly garner from a replay.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You can learn a lot from a persons throttle technique, but even more so from their braking technique. It has nothing to do with what point someone is braking it, people can figure out their own brake markers, thats very basic stuff man. Same with knowing their rpm, like come on, we can listen ourselves, those are very minor peices of info if you compare them to having complete access to viewing full complete pedal usage in real time.

If you cant see the difference in highly valuable information between this, and simply seeing rpm and gear, then I dont really know what else to tell you, as they are completely different peices of information. Maybe not to you, maybe you dont know how to understand how different pedal techniques can be used to control car, manipulate chassis balance, get a better understand of how to play with weight transfer to drive corners better especially in order to drive that corner the way another guy is in order to desperately get another couple tenths that you have been spending days and days hours and hours trying to get, etc maybe you cant see all that, but many of us can.

In all forms of racing this sort of information is VERY, VERY secretive, sometimes even teammates dont share it if they are rivals. Throttle not so much, but braking yes.

- Anyways the point is ISI, DONT DISABLE IT, JUST MAKE IT AN OPTION :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  16. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

+1

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have to say- I agree with the OP. It's a cool option, but it should be an option. If I work up a track for 8 hours I don't want someone else to be able to come along and analyze my work- when you brake and how you use the throttle/clutch are huge.

[QUOTE-GTClub_wajdi]Come on now, it is just a game !! it isn't Ferrari vs RedBull[/QUOTE] There are many leagues that are very cut throat and don't share setups or share information. This is by it's very nature a very competitive sport and so a lot of leagues are very competitive. When money becomes involved, all bets are off.

I use this throttle brake thing now to analyze my opponents on track- to see if they are using the clutch, how they blip, if they LFB and how good they are with the controls.

18. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

In Grand Prix Legends, it was possible to study a replay, compare laps, see how much throttle was applied, etc... with GPL Replay Analyzer. And I didn't see a lot of people complaining about it.
    And generally, nobody cared about a random driver's driving technique, it was used to see how the hell the guy did when he set his world record lap.

19. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Force it!!!!!!

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

How do I get this through, hmm ?

Info on throttle, brakes, steering is information NEEDED to be shared amongst client/server/opponents for online racing to even work properly, so even IF the visible info was disabled, it would still be readable for a plugin - which the "ever-so-spying-and-cunning-want-to-go-faster-driver" would then just install - and your magic would be revealed once again...

If your PC have no clue what the other drivers are doing, then how would the netcode and prediction-code work, heck even brakelights ?