In the end, you'll all come crawling back...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Feb 2, 2013.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't mind simraceway. I spent 5 bucks there I think and have quite a few cars. The ffb is very bad on most cars though and that is probably my biggest problem with it.

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah, so it's fun to think about the ROI on open beta versus not having an open beta and what it says about the companies, resources, style, approach, etc.

Funding is one advantage. No way to tell how many bugs would have NOT been found using internal testers only. I believe also that some great feedback has come from the community regarding real road, packaging, multiplayer, etc. but again impossible to tell how much would have been missed. Certainly some enhancements have been identified by community (again not sure if realized internally or would have realized internally) like saved real road, etc., etc.

Anyway just fun to think about it and the pros and cons and would especially be interesting to know what ISI thinks about the process but we may not know that until rf3.

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Especially modding is very good to test with actual mod teams, if anybody its them who tell you how good is the modding aspect.

4. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

This is not nearly as helpful as it sounded in your head.

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Bye Bye SLuisHamilton! Been watching you for a while and taking bets.

EDIT: Lol I followed those two links and.....wtf are you babbling about?

6. osella

osella Registered

If I'm not wrong every previous ISI title and most other sims were developed without any public beta.
    I actually think community has almost no impact on rf2 development whatsover. They would do it well without us too.

Which is both a compliment and complaining to ISI :) . We have wishlist subforum here which sounds really cool, but it seems to me ISI continues to develop rf2 exactly the same way as if there was no public beta and don't listen to community.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Oh what do you saying??
    You are so ungrateful to ISI (and the community) it´s not even funny!!
    Think about some more what you saying (writing)!!

I think Tim and the other ISI members will be very dissapointed when they read this, and they are right with this feeling!
    For example they was asking us for ideas for the new spotter, even listen to the content-wishes people make and so on!
    People wished more adjustment for FOV - they´ve done it! etc. etc.
    Only because your crude wishes are not reality yet you have no right to say ISI doesn´t care about the community
    (what is the bottom line of your post)!

Question: why are you posting one B.S. after another in this forum when you have the feeling that it doesn´t matter anyways??
    You are slaying on ISI, you are hacking on the community ("rest of good mods for rF1 are all rips, rest is crap")
    who do you think you are??

I´m done with you Osella. (you don´t care anyway :rolleyes:)
    Go do some job!

Pete

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just because what he says hold some truth in it doesn't make it instant bull**** Pete ;)

Of course ISI will listen to the community to some degree, atleast enough to make the majority feel they have a say in things. Some even take this so far as to think of themselves as investors or something by the sounds of it..

Obviously he is referring to crappy quick conversions, which lots of people used to learn how to work on track for rF2. And yes, there will always be a big difference in quality, that is the problem of community created concent. If you look at the track by feels, and the dunsfold one by Tuttle, you can see where we could be quality wise for every track. Hopefully in time, the conversion will dissapear and scratch made content will become the norm.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I agree with every thing that the OP' has said about rF2! I love rf2 physic ,ffb and feeling!I love the graphics when I drive the car, but the replays suck and it is almost "unwatchable "! it seems that there is a huge downgrade of textures, lighting.....every thing! I like to watch replays after every race. I'm coming from GT5 and the replays in GT5 are simply amazing!
    Damn, this is 6-7years old hardware that can achieve this :

! I think that my pc spec is 20 times more powerful than the ps3, so I don't understand why can't we get something even close to that standard !

10. Miro

Miro Registered

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Looollllllllll

12. Maug

Maug Registered

In console game developement, the more time passes the easier it is to fully master the technology as it doesn't change or evolve. In PC game developement you have to deal with hundreds of drivers for thousand of different pieces of hardware etc. Each have their advantages and flaws. You can't really compare as it is two totally different worlds.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You have no idea what effect that forum has, actually. :) From your perspective, if nothing you were interested in happened, or will happen, then I can see why you would think that. Otherwise, it isn't my experience.

14. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

lol, fantastic ;)

15. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

Who cares if they do develop this WITHOUT the community. They didn't do wrong with Rfactor now did they?

16. David Almiron

David Almiron Registered

Simraceway has the same problem, you do not feel the track, the track does not transfer to the wheel without dipping Simraceway equals tocarace driver