I'm fat. Time to get realistic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 15, 2012.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

You should never give mass away because more mass means more force! It's just basic physics: m * a = F

For example:

60 kg * 9,81 m/s^2 = 589 N
    100 kg * 9,81 m/s^2 = 981 N

So increasing mass by 40 kg you gain force by almost 400 Newtons!

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Yes, it is very good for ramming things :)

3. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Sounds like a job for the "Infinite Improbability Drive" to me.
    #42 Skippy all the way. :p

4. osella

osella Registered

A thread about overweight turns into a physics class. Honestly did not expect that.

Thank god I'm 192 tall and weigh 110kg so I'm fine :D:D

I don't look fat at least in my opinion (you know how it is when a female looks into a mirror she always thinks she's fat, males usually think they're muscular).
    Basically I have body similar to Timo Salonen, what a ridiculously cool guy btw. He's always been overweight, heavy smoker, heavy glasses with a habit of steering group B cars onehanded for whole special stages lol. A bit shame he got overshadowed by other legends of that era.
    [​IMG]

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Salonen

"He was also known for his relaxed attitude and for his habit of steering his rally car with one hand only. These factors led to the nickname Löysä ("Slack")." :p

Great driver.

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

lol. So long.....and thanks for all the fish. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Redundant. I swear that rF1 AND rF2 already know my weight. How else could my slowness be explained? :p

8. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Don't forget that we should also have sim rig parc ferme from qualy onward. And our rigs are subject to random scrutineering--which need to meet a minimum weight (driver included) as well. Or maybe, more appropriate for sim-racing, that our power consumption needs to be below a certain amount--1000W for top-tier, 650 for mid-tier racing, and 400 for semi-pro racing.

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

There should be an Humor section in this forum.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

My biggest concern with my weight is I want to build a motion cockpit one day. (not a baby shaker rig) and that means I would need to make it BUFF to fling me around with ease. Also racing chairs hurt my bottom.

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

This thread really dissapoints me very very bad :(

Where is the poll Kknorpp001????? :p ;)

12. Pits

Pits Registered

Put a corner into the equation and see what effects that brings on, you'll get a little bit more tire wear at 186K MPS.

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

It is one of the most basic principles of physics that mass increases with speed.

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am no physicist so I will ask the dumb question. How does mass increase with speed? I always thought that mass was constant.

15. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

It comes from Einstein's relativity theory and Lorentz's formulas.... but at our racing speeds mass increase would be ridiculous.

[​IMG]

16. Pits

Pits Registered

Mass is constant at zero movement, it's when you shake your finger at another driver you can shift the whole universe, beit very slightly. I read something very uninteresting last week, the light that hits New York pushes at a force of 230lbs total, to be crushed by light, hmmm

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Hmmm, just being devil's advocate, but would the car's mass be more if it travels in the same direction as the rotation of the Earth as opposed to against it given the same speed being achieved?

18. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yes, they will have different mass, because physics deals with velocity, which has a direction and a magnitude. Speed is just the magnitude component of velocity. Therefore, according to the equation above, because the velocities are different (i.e. they're moving in different directions), they will have different mass. But, like we've discussed, it'd be so insignificant, that they are essentially the same mass for all intents and purposes.

19. osella

osella Registered

If I calculated roughly well, even at 360kph mass increases by 1,00000000000000005%. I probably missed it by an order or two though since I rarely count something myself.

Interesting is even at 10% of speed of light (which would be pretty fast.. actually 3000x faster than fastest current spacecraft propulsion technologies ) it's an increase of only 0.5%.

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I just need to know that offline i have classical mechanics working and online quantum mechanics