I'm fat. Time to get realistic.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

sometimes yes...ive heard the end of world will be due to uranus :D

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

uranus is a Greek word that means literraly 'sky'.

End of world will come from 'delete' AFAIK...

You shouldnt de afraid of the sky, Asterix didnt.

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I heard rumours that there are other gasses then oxygon on uranus. If that is true, that would really stink :p

4. LowRider

LowRider Registered

You should better read AND understand the reason(s) for this negative reputation instead of public whining about it and by association begging for some positive from others.

I bet the real lonely person here is you! That would at least explain your much amount of time you are spending in endless and most senseless stupid threads and polls.

1 person likes this.
  5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

This was confirmed officially by NASA. They´re already planning to land in uranus soon...

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Great photos jtbo. This weekend until Christmas day we'll go and celebrate the whole family to my parents house at the outside of the city. My telescope is there. Let's whish we get good weather and can take some night time to observe Andromeda, Orion and Jupiter.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Generally speaking, small cheap telescopes are just that, small and cheap. Larger telescopes will allow you to see more and see it more clearly.

There are phenomena that happens when taking space shots though that most folks are not aware of and so they are not able to take good space shots. First off is temperature stability inside the telescope. If the temp is not the same inside as outside you will get a wind effect inside the telescope and this will cause distortion of the image.

Also, the larger the lens, the more likely that either it will be very expensive or will not be ground perfectly. Unfortunately there are a limited number of places that actually take the time to grind lenses to a precision that makes space photography worth while.

Have an equatorial tracking tripod is a must for space photography when having any length of exposure what so ever. The sky as viewed by us on the planet will travel 15.2 degrees per hour. That doesn't sound like much, but if you take an hour long exposure of the night sky you will see nothing but streaks of light unless you happen to be pointing at the 1 star in our night sky that doesn't move. In that case you would see a 15.2 degree arc for every single star in the picture around that single star.

Deep space imaging will take the most time to get and will require the best telescope you can afford. As was mentioned earlier what we see is millions of light years away from us when viewing the closest galaxies. Nothing like taking a trip into the past ;) If you want to see some great images of space and don't have or want the equipment to take them yourself, have a look at http://hubblesite.org/ for some shots taken by the Hubble space telescope.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Camera 450 euros, 75-300mm lens 130 euros, EQ1 tripod 100 euros, so total is 680 euros total for most of my shots, poor Jupiter shot was with MTO1300 which was bit under 200 euros, but my EQ mount just is not enough good for it so would need to invest closer to 1000 euros for that, can forget that probably....

In US you can actually rent a telescope and take photos comfortably by sitting at home, some sites offer you place for your telescope, those are placed in very dark areas with little clouds during the year so you get really nice shots almost anytime.

Unlike here, 1 day in a month, not much more, always cloudy and when it is not cloudy it is too bright already. February is typically good month, just insanely cold then.

9. baked bean

baked bean Registered

but you dont give reasons low rider just dots, ive recieved these neg rep dots from you remember lmfao

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh me too...

[​IMG]

The no comment thing just makes me think it`s done from some kind of boredom...

11. blakboks

blakboks Registered

All this talk of astronomy and physics, the title should be renamed to "I'm fat. Time to get relativistic." :D

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This thread has taken an incredibly strange turn. Maybe put it .... back on topic

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yeth, that'th the topic allrigth *munch, munch*

14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, I'm baking french baquettes at the moment, I do always my own breads and any other stuff like that, cooking is bit of science, chemistry and bit of art, so goes well with rFactor2 modding, I think.

Hmm, yeah, can't say that would be much better ontopic :(

But desperate attempt to save situation is that you can actually do quite a bit for gaining weight by baking yourself and making your own food instead of ready lunches etc. Perhaps not very manly, but certainly better tasting that shop's bread, 25 years of practice helps in there ;)

Remember to brush your teeth though, that allows one to enjoy delicious foods longer...

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

:confused::confused: mother??

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Roflmao

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I laugh on "Jesus is trolling in paradise"

18. osella

osella Registered

Exactly, I also read trolling, ah the internet deformation..

[​IMG]

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm sorry, I don't celebrate Christmas and I don't actually even have a religion of any kind, but as important day of Christians is nearby I respect their ways and can't find Jesus jokes funny right now when I know Christians might find them offensive.

Thing I believe is let them have theirs and I can have mine, everyone wins.

20. osella

osella Registered

From what I saw most Christians take these jokes surprisingly well, for ex. I post these jokes on other forums like nogrip which is pretty strictly moderated and noone had problem with them.

I myself am atheist/agnosticist too and our family doesn't celebrate Christmas either.