How track should look like

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

The graphics seem to be looking MORE like rF2 than they do currently--with the exception of the track surface shader (which, arguably we could do as well), IMO, they're no better than rF2's. The grass and gravel traps, especially. As far as I can tell, all they've done is add specularity.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This looks like a cool technique for shadows.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Does it mean, it is impossible to make great graphics + great FFB + realistic physics? Weird/sad thesis.
    Beside, fun or not fun, is very subjective. You can get fun from arcade game, and fun from hardcore sim. It depends what you are expecting in current moment.
    Moreover we noticed that a lot of people drop rF just because of dated gfx. Means gfx does matter for a lot of them.

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Please build in RTW as CdnRacer post +1

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

good stuff, shadows always is a problem and fps down with a lot of shadows, it should be properly optimized. if this program can be applied will be cool, i think

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I will wait the Gold version of rFactor 2 and then I will make my decision!I like the physics/FBB but let's be onest,the graphic is inaccettable and i cant stand it!

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

OP....I think iRacing graphics are easily achievable in rF2. We just have to be patient as always. I would certainly be happy with iRacings visual style and rF2's new lighting. Plus higher poly cars in the future due to modding, it could look really nice. I think someone was right though about attracting new players to the title and the visual style now not really doing that.

8. djt

djt Registered

If forcing super-sampling AA on rFactor with Nvidia's control panel doesn't work for you then I suggest you give Nvidia Inspector a try.

http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=339043

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786...vers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

How would you know if anyone else comes close if you only have experience with rFactor?

I'm currently running iRacing and pCARS and I can say without a doubt that they more than come close to rFactor.

9. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

pCARS does not look better than rfactor2 , they look similar, don't be deceived by the you tube videos you gone see, the graphic engine looks similar to rfactor2 or worst in some parts, the only nice thing they have is the textures, i know this because i bought it pcars and i was disappointed with what i saw.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Pure opinion. ;)

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Lol.. I don't want to be offensive, but it cannot be named in other way than you are blind, being not able see differences.
    But OK. Create video from rF2. Then we will make fair comparison.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well just like you said to someone earlier, it is his opinion

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Until it isnt' the same opinion as his. ;)

14. ROON

ROON Registered

With all due respect to ISI, I personally think their content is and will always be 'unacceptable' graphics wise. Look at the ISI rF1 content and then look at what modding teams have achieved with the same tools. I think we need some of the big gun mod teams to come out with some content before we can really see what rF2 is capable of. ISI have never really pushed the boundaries.

But as you say, it's a Beta and there's a long way to go yet.

15. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

i'm not blind idiot go play pcars the graphic is worst than rfactor2 by the way that piece of **** broke my logitech g27. and again by the way that game handles like sorry but like a piece of ****.

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

iRacing doesn't have dynamic environment, so it is easy to make look very good. pCARS has maybe the best graphics engine considering racing games, but its driving physics are not acceptable at any level. I think we haven't yet seen the full potential of rF2 graphics, but at current state it is quite acceptable considering how much fun it is to drive with.

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

"I like" or "I dislike" - these are opinions.
    If some one calls white colour as black, it is not opinion.

18. Magzire

Magzire Registered

As much as i like rf2 im with Alesi. Consoles have better graphics and yet its 2012 with powerful technology wasted. So we have to wait to 2018 for decent graphics?

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That's the thing though pCARS drives like a dog so the candy is wasted. rF2 is much more immersive experience even with lessor visuals right now. Look guys, hasn't Tim said now countless times to wait and be patient regarding visual upgrades? Maybe we should try it. However i am getting impatient for more content ;)

20. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks DJT I will look into it