How track should look like

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

in rf1, and now in RF2 the surfaces of track looks just ugly. Its just "something" gray.
    go out from house and just photo the asphalt in street...
    thats how (or close to this) it should look like http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/3273/7094396103_69696c1ec7_o.jpg

also driving line in rf2 looks ugly, it should look in another way, for example like this or something like this - like in real track
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6OqisIrX6E&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Bart S

Bart S Member

Looks like all the big players are heavily invested in graphics development now.

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Alesi:
    If you think rF2 is soooo ugly, go and play pCARS and stop being nerved!
    It´s enough now damed!
    :mad:

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

u dont see the difference between this screen rf2 and iracing, pcars??
    All i want its the rf2 begin to looks like this!!
    don`t u??

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

@peterchen
    You are not in position to say him what he have to do.
    He has a right to say opinion.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No

8. Gaz Mclean

Gaz Mclean Registered

problem is people are gonna look at youtube vids of rf2 and say f*^k this it looks crap and not even try it for the physics, only hardcore simmers with alot of curiosity really try it ( look at numbers in the lobbys)

Alot of people are dedicated to 1 sim and closed minded about any other so they defend it to the hilt whether they are right or wrong.

better graphics can only be a good thing, entice more drivers and give the die hards something to really be proud of.

If gtr3 deliver on physics it will blow rf2 right out of the water with its sound and graphics and most of you lot will go there dont deny it, were all in serch of the perfect sim

9. sic_kapkan

sic_kapkan Registered

agree with Alesi.
    nowadays having hi-end physics is not enough, coz there are opponents like pCARS, iRacing, AC and GTR3.
    they will do their best to be in the top

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

why u dont want to see rf2 with a great graphic??? it will be perfect sim
    i dont speak about physic, now its not finished, but already good, still need to work but already good!

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Alesi, here is the official ISI forum for rf2 isnt it and you post an advertisment for i-racing??
    And you expect a discussion about it??
    I really dont get it...

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Is it rally adv?
    To me it is tech. document. It is good to know what competitors are working on.
    Do you have problem with it?

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well...I didnt get into this forum to talk about i-racing and pCARS.
    As for problems, I really cannot consider my gaming as "problem", do you:cool:

Regards, nikos

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

We are disputing about weak points/imperfections in rF2. It is good to have arguments and/or something to compare to prove thesis. That's why some ones shows media from other titles. Without it discussion would be stuck on "shut up since you made no sim nor other great game" - yes I've seen such comment once or twice on this forum.

but if you don't care about gfx, just don't read gfx related discussion. Posts like "I don't care, I love rF doesn't matter what gfx engine it uses" doesn't help in discussion about improving this area.

with regards

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Fair enough but still think OP overdoes it.

16. Bart S

Bart S Member

I am die hard rfactor fan and I will never be anything else as the physic and the way the whole package works now is brilliant but I'm really tempted to try out pCars for the graphics and even iracings shaders update are looking cool and tempting. I like the graphics on rfactor but they still need some tidying up, in full HD max AA I still get jaggies on the white road markings intermittentley and cars from affar coming down the straights just look crap this is on a 24inch led monitor. Now if they fixed this I'd be alot happier I want it crisp and sharp. Then we can go on about the shaders blah blah.

I agree physics and gameplay are most important and nobody comes close to rfactor at this stage but in the graphics I should visually be able to see imperfections on the road that I am about to drive over from affar so I can plan my route and line. This is all clearly visable on the other sims from the videos I have seen.
    It would be perfect if rfactor was as good if it was better it be untouchable.

We can all keep dissing and speculating about rfactor, as the ISI team not telling us what we will get in the future maybe because they can't gurantee anything or the simply can't produce the graphics with there small development team.
    Regardless I will probably go elsewhere to get my graphics fix if rfactor hasnt got it and I will have rfactor for my physics.

Is best to just post details about what you want fixing and maybe they will do just that.

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I'm sure he sees, but still... Have you already driven on that PCars California Coast track? Zero fun... nice to have a weekend trip and contemplate the landscape but the "fun factor" itself... poor. As well as the most of PCars, don't fell like a real racers.

Great Graphics + Poor FFB + Odd Physics = No fun

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Exactly, im not advertising another product, surely no. i love rf and play it since 2007. as i sad above physics in rf2 good, and they still working. but graphical part not so good, and that is why i compared it with other games, that all.
    and yes i want that rf2 looks lik i show u and that will be perfect. (dont say u will choose the same game rf2 with bad graphic)...
    but such graphic level need a lot of working

19. Alesi

Alesi Registered

as i sad im not discussing physics!!!! only graphics, physics in rf2 is good, but this topic not about physics

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1

Repeating the same complaint over and over doesn't get your point across any better. We heard you the last ten times you've made this complaint Alesi.