How to set pitstops in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FullThrottleF1, Apr 28, 2015.

1. FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1 Registered

Hi all,

over on F1Fanatic: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/ we run a F1 style series called the Formula virtual world championship. We had previously run our championship on F1 challenge 99-02 mod. This year is our first move to Rfactor 2. Part of the series is that prior to each race each of the competitors (team managers) pre prepare their pit strategies (e.g. Driver X pit lap 27, lap 51) but the person who runs the series is having trouble finding a way to set the mandatory pit stops. Is there a way to do this?

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Work around is setting fuel usage x so in your example a car will only do 28 laps on a tank giving a 2 lap window to pit.

I am sure there would be a better way of doing it.

Still if x fuel usage can correspond to your race distance correctly starting with full tanks is more a challenge and with x usage you feel the difference in performance and handling more acutely as the load comes off.

P.S. Also makes you look after brakes and tyres that little bit more.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I think what he means is that how would you go about setting each AI drivers pit stop strategies. This was possible with F1 Challenge and Rfactor 1 by accessing the tracks GBD? folder. There you could choose how many stops they would make and what laps they would make these stops.

Setting the fuel usage - I wouldn't think that would help with what we are trying to accomplish, unless I have missed something. The IDE al situation would be to choose each AI drivers individual pit stop strategy. This was done so easily on the games predecessors.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ah doh I missed the virtual bit

5. Justy

Justy Registered

Long shot, but have you tried assigning each AI a setup so you can specify the fuel strategy for each driver? Never tried this and am not in front of my pc to try it, but would be interested to know if that works.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sadly, there is no mandatory pitstop @ rF2...

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

You could do this on rfactor1 by editing the tracks GBD file, so why is that rfactor2 doesn't allow this. I'm not saying you the answer, but I would really appreciate some sort of explanation of why this isn't possible, but I just can't find a straight answer anywhere..

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

have you tried editing the GDB file in rF2 to find out for yourself?

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

For some reasons the tracks in rfactor1 have no GBD file. Unless one was created?

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

GMotor2 have a complete different File System, contrary to rF1.

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

huh?

huh?

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

different File System = no more loose Files

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

files are the same... they just need to unpack the .mas that the GDB file is in, do there changes and repackage the track

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That's a shame then. Does anyone know of a way to hack into the tracks GBD folder? Or even make a copy of the file and place in the tracks overall folder?

So maybe, it could be possible to unpackaged the tracks GBD file and edit it like you would do on rfactor1 to set pit strategies? Then package it again and it might work?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I never said, that the Files are different. I was talking about the File System...

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

So I have had a go of playing around with the tracks GBD file. It's actually really easy to extract and package the track files again. Unfortuently I wasn;t able to get the AI drivers to pit by using the method that F1 Challenge and rfactor1 had in the tracks GBD file. This is what I had set out.

I set the race to do 52 laps as what it has on Silverstone International GBD file. Though the drivers did not pit on their selected laps. This was possible to do on F1 Challenge and rfactor1 however.

Does anyone have any other ideas of a way to make this work? Any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated, and there are smarter people than me out there, so advice would be great.

Cheers

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Try this with your GDB File

19. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hmm sadly it didn't make a difference. I wont give up on this though, surely there must be some way to get this working. Maybe someone else could try this and see if it does work, or if it's just me?

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By any chance, did you copy & paste exactly what i quoted? Because in your GDB File was a curly bracket wrong...