How to set pitstops in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FullThrottleF1, Apr 28, 2015.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yes I copied exactly your GBD file.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

How did you saved the GDB File?

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I just hit 'save'. But I know it works for the game, because I changed the race start time and that worked for me.

I've given the GTLayout of Silverstone ago. But again it wont work.
    I added the driver 'Kevin Kubatu' in the list because he was an original driver with Formula ISI2012 and has a VEH file. The other virtual drivers do not have a VEH file. I gave it a run, but even Kevin Kubatu would not pit as was planned.

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Actually scratch that last part, I have found the virtual drivers VEH files.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Seems a number is missing?

6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

No, I only want him to do 1 pit stop on lap 2. The way it was set out on rfractor1 was like:

Kevin Kubatu (driver) = 1 (number of stops) - 2 (which laps they make them stops on).

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

but this should be then

?

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I fixed the error you point out but it still doesn't make a difference. Has anyone else given this a go?

9. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Does anyone else have some ideas?

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Those "PitStopStrategies" does nothing anymore. I wonder if it even did in rF1. It worked in GTR2.

The only way to force a pitstop is giving to AI car a setup with less fuel as far as I know. In rF1 the VEH file used to contain the default fuel amount (if you don't want to mess up with AI setups), not sure if it's still like that in rF2.

11. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

It worked in rf1. That's why I am bemused that it wouldn't work in rf2. It's incredibly frustrating because no one seems to know any information on this, it's all guesses. Even if someone from ISI could take the time to explain why this was possible in rf1 and not in rf2. I have been trying to find an answer or a proper suggestion for ages, but no one else seems to care or know. Surely I can't be the only one who is interested in trying to find a way to make this work.

If this was so possible to do on rf1, then their must be a way to do this on rf2. I understand that others may not know, but lately I've been seriously frustrated that no one else seems to be interested in this. I feel like I'm the only one and I feel like a broken record.

atomed likes this.
  12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yep it worked in rF1 but many things in that don't work in RF2, or work differently as they did before. If there is no way to do it in RF2 then you simply have to use the Fuel and/or Tire Wear multipliers to get it to work for the AI, no point getting all stressed over a feature that barely anyone uses :)

13. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

That's what I mean, barely anyone uses it. But I do and that's why I find it frustrating because no one else seems to care. I will try have a go a playing with the fuel and tyre multipliers as you suggested, though can these be configured for each individual AI driver?

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no it's across the board so it'll affect you too, unless you give the AI specific setups to start with less fuel that *may* work but not tried myself so don't quote me on that.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I pretty sure you can only force one setup so you won't be able to stagger stops which sort of defeats the purpose hey :(

My suggestion was only used to make ai pit in a online race and same thing, I would barely ever do it.

Best they will do is pit in a 2 lap window like I said before.

Run accelerated races to save time testing laps vs pitstops.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

There's a button to assign setup to specific AI in the game interface.

If you're really up to, you can create different setups with different fuel for each drive and assign them before the race starts. They'll pit when you want unless they have a crash before.

17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

^ That sounds alright, where do I go to access these specific setups. I won't be driving in the races, as it's completely AI controlled, and I don't mind if the AI pit within a 2 lap window; they don't have to pit on the exact lap. If I can set each AI up with a different setup that would be really great. As long as they follow those and pit thereabouts when their meant to stop. :)

18. Yurich77

Yurich77 Registered

Does it really work?
    It works during practice,qual and warm up for me,but not in race .Here is what I'm doing and I 'll be grateful for any help:
    1.Create custom setup (with fuel amount for 1 lap only to see the setup works ok for AI)
    2.Starting practice. AI is in the pits.Select AI from list.Go to garage.Select setup.Press "AI Setup" button.Setup works fine for choosen AI.
    3.Practice finished.Start qual session.And if now I DON'T ASSIGN SETUP TO AI AGAIN - Ai use default setup.So I need to assign setup again through garage and AI setup button,it works fine then.
    4.Qual finished.Press "Next session".From this moment anytime I assign setup through "AI Setup" button (before start next session,after start next session, restart race e t.c.) it doesn't work and AI use default setup during race.
    So how can I correctly assign setup to specific AI car for this AI car will use it in race?

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

The assignment of the AI-setup is saved in specific car folder in UserData\player\settings.
    Maybe it works the next race when you don´t assign it again and it is only read from this .AISetup - file.

20. Yurich77

Yurich77 Registered

Yes,I can see assigned setup for every AI car in a specific folder (for ISI panoz,for example, the path is UserData\player\Settings\Panoz_Roadster_car\PANOZ_ROADSTER_05 or 01,02, e t.c.),but AI don't use this setup automatically when I start a race weekend. I have to assigne this setup in every session and AI must be in pits or even must make a stop in pits after doing some laps for starting to use this setup.
    Seems no big deal and I can manually assign setups for every AI in every session,but except a race session,because AI start race session on starting grid, not in pits and in this case AI don't use assigned setup.So I wonder is this a common problem or I do something wrong?

BTW, here is what was written in one of the older builds : "Can set AI setup (select the AI from the grid, then select the setup you want from the garage, and hit the set to AI button), and it takes next time the car enters the garage"