Honda NSX 1991 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Post deleted because I think it was in replay mode where the physics output fidelity is much less compared to live gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Replay. But yes, agreed, though that was goofier because of replay.

Anyways, car is an absolute blast. Slight minor understeer (or should I more accurately say overconfidence in small early 90s tires) transferring into nice manageable oversteer. Do like. Bit easier than the rF1 version mod (I think this is the first car I've managed to say that with a straight look on my face) - it's a good bit easier to put the power down and it takes some more to coax the rear out - except under braking. Reminds me of the rF1 version with the upgraded diff.

Interesting to compare with the Panoz though, I bet the Type R w/ 6 Speed on a twistier circuit could hold it's own against it. I do find the Panoz to have better feel and in general be a bit more progressive, but I feel most of that is down to having more power, while sliding with this car is foot to the floor and counter. For raw fun, the Panoz is still king, but...

This car is amazing for it's response. Choose to drive like a pro and it will happily oblige. It's happy being driven fast for lap time. Feel nuts? Go sideways and have fun. Not as much fun going sideways in this car versus the Panoz, but clearly much happier on a circuit. The Panoz always wants to rotate and constantly needs to be danced with, the NSX not so much. But the NSX is more rewarding and fun to get right.

Just a curiosity - anyone know the manufacturer suggested tire pressure? I noticed it seemed like the tires were deforming a lot, so I took a quick search and it seems most NSX drivers seem to be suggesting 33 PSI Front / 40 PSI Rear for the real car, though I'd safely say that would be for street use. The rF2 default is 29/34 and it tends to swashbuckle a bit more than it did with higher pressure, particularly under braking, though you do lose a bit of overall grip. Just wondering.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, I deleted the comment because I felt it was overly harsh due to the video being in replay mode, rather than live, so my mistake there (I still hope to see further improvements in that area though, regardless, and I'm pretty sure we will be getting them sooner or later :) )

EB check your PM

4. Tr51

Tr51 Registered

Thanks a lot ISI !:cool:

5. Arne Senna

Arne Senna Registered

Thanks ISI, best cure 4 my hangover
    :cool:

6. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Thank you guys, I loved that car on rF1 and now we have that jewel on rF2 ;)

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This car is simply too freakin' awesome!
    "Road cars feel a lot better in Assetto Corsa"... Sorry, come again..? ;)

[​IMG]

8. boxer

boxer Registered

Love the car but I wish the road bumps were a bit more noticeable (I run 0 filtering).

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Very impressive car, I love it :) Really fun!

I agree with Boxer, I'm surprised by the low information from bump and road texture this car have (in curve, straight, bump, etc.). My BKG2 (through SimCommander 4 beta) give me far more feedback in the butt than the wheel itself, for example at Brianza 10K in the ring the wheel stay silent when my seat vibrate due to the "archaic" road surface. Same at Lienz and at Essington at the end of the big straight going down where a big bump is exactly at your braking point, all other cars have a violent chock right their but NSX. With this car I barely feel this huge bump. Now I'm guessing this is due to suspensions (I tried all suspensions flavor) as even on herbs it's far more light than other cars. In any case I'm surprised by this "light"feedback (even if the wheel is "hard" to turn) from FFB. T500RS and filtering at 0 too.

In any case, great car, lot of fun for sure ! thanks ISI Team:)

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Nice pic Hexagramme!, I don't recognize this track, where are you jumping like this please?

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Car is great. Excellent detail. Only issue I see thus far is AI too weak.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks man, really glad you like it! :)

Oh, but that's the daunting Route 666, the last long straight of the track. If you haven't yet tried it... go do it, right now! :D
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17221-Route-666

This car on that particular track is close to perfection. And on the Nordschleife too of course. :)

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Route 666

14. Descoat

Descoat Registered

I don't feel this car easier than rf1. More information makes you feel it better and the control is more precise. Perhaps we need a bit more time to test it better before the final words. I love rf1 mod but this will be my favourite for sure.

15. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

Thank you for this mode nsx on "rfactor 1 and 2", its been a while I play this mode rfactor, so I'm impation for c6 !!!

16. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Nice car, funny to drive, cockpit is really clear in 3D vision.
    Thank you.
    May be a noob question but is there another way to have the same setup than mine (tires, engine...) for all AI cars rather than using "Force setup" button ?

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005 avec Tapatalk

17. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Just to be sure, which rF1 mod are we talking about NH's?

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Loving this, ill use this car to teach my friend how to drive once my shift stick arrives :)

19. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Yeah, this should be the Some1's 3D model plus Niels Heusinkveld's physics

20. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

A car very different from previous in rF2 : interesting and lot of fun but I have to learn driving it! :)