Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

Wait, rF2 has static track temps? https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/very-dissapointed.58919/page-2

Considering they recently implemented dynamic grip levels on wet tracks, dynamic temps shouldn't be too far in their development priority list..

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

The sector 2 at spa was quite easy considering i ran lowest wing, that i'm bit skeptical about.
    I doubt spa is ran with lowest wing.
    Also comparison to ACC is valid because GT cars in general have high pitch sensitivity, infact GTE class is meant to be driven by pro drivers unlike GT3 ....so GTE cars should have more aggressive aero platform.
    so if gt3 is hard gte should be just as hard if not harder, aero pitch sensitivity wise.
    Just a note i'm not saying this is fastest way , but the car remains quite easy like old tyres, this is where i expected little bit more difference.
    maybe 5-10% even more steeper grip drop off on current good year tyres.

Davide Arduini likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, looks driven a bit too chilled out. Quite large angles for a long time, long distance slides. Wouldn't say it looks unrealistic, but for a high downforce plus high performance slicks it does look strange. I guess 120-150km/h is that threshold of speed where aero starts becoming significant as first order effect for tire grip, although it is always significant as second order due to heat and wear it saves by preventing sliding, thats why aero is very important even at Monaco. This looks as if tires don't overheat that much to entirely throw car out of control, or aero does not stall, or some combination of things. It makes it more strange that it could have been done in several curves in a row, tires must have been completely cooked and shredded after this, perhaps even after second turn. IDK, perhaps it could be possible for very hard tire compound, but IDK. I remember in some past updates aero of GT3 cars was adjusted in such way that aero stalling due to yaw angle was very noticeable, I don't remember if it was for GTE cars too.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

tyres had quite a bit of life even after all these slides, i could do that for more LAPS if i wanted.
    I think both aero and tyres needs further tweaking, as at slow speeds sliding is too permissive.(where aero is not in high effect).

5. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I see they still haven't fixed the lap time cockpit display in the Corvette C8R where both readings show the last lap time instead of one showing the best lap time. Also the rear view camera/mirror display still doesn't show rearwards but more to the left hand side. You can move the mirror obviously but unfortunately not far enough in this instance.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. GameOne

GameOne Registered

One question is the tire pressure at 140 is still the best and standard or has the pressure changed and if so what is the optimal pressure

avenger82 likes this.
  7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Guess I'll be the first to say it. The GTE tires, from my admittedly limited running, don't feel anything like the new tires on the IR18 and the BMW DTM car at all. They seem merely tweaked tires, and exhibit the same characteristics as they always have. I don't think these will change the extreme/exploitative driving styles of the aliens, as seen in the last esports races, hardly at all. On the DTM and IR18, the car is extremely difficult to put the power down, you've got to be very judicious with use of the throttle, and braking distances are longer and more difficult for turn-when-braking. These new GTE tires seem to be just as grippy as before.

Also, I'm sure this will have created absolute mayhem for leagues doing LMP2 classes, since now those cars are surely badly unbalanced. I know its possible for them to have created a mod for their series that would keep the old versions installed and available, but if they hadn't and players had auto-update enabled, they'll be toast now. I'd say its imperative to get that Ligier updated ASAP. Thís is the downside of doing everything here with esports totally prioritized, which from a business perspective also, doesn't make much sense other than marketing/visibility, since I'm not convinced any of that drives actual product sales but rather is ego polishing.

solerpalau likes this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I like the new Porsche GTE tires. Feels more in control, reliable, easier to correct, less sudden over the edge.
    Only tested it on le mans.

Lars and Deleted member 58016 like this.
  9. Stevy

Stevy Registered

To be fair I don't think an Indycar tire and a GTE tire feel and act the same (also both compared to the Formula pro or DTM M4).
    From my understanding the news tires are not a new tire model but, as you said, the old tire model with new and "tweaked" inputs.
    I like the Indycar tires the best at the moment, but I also have to say, for me, the new GTE tires feel better than the old ones.
    Obviously I don't know how real or "more real" they got.
    I like to think that they got "more real", because it says in cooperation with Dunlop, but that could be also pure marking talk.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  10. It might have been mentioned already, but to me the new tire model seems to need proper warm up on the outlap and maybe one or two more (GTE) - also there seems to be a huge difference with soft, medium and hard tires now, as I was used to drive most of the races with soft tires (stint to stint) which seems hardly possible now.

So me it seems more real, too.

vava74, Lars and ThomasJohansen like this.
  11. sg333

sg333 Registered

I've tried the Porsche and BMW in particular which both seem REALLY on edge for the first couple of laps at LeMans. Really having to work on the setup. Can't get through the Porsche Curves without spinning. They do feel great though, all the GTE cars feel much more alive than before.

vava74, Lars, Magus and 1 other person like this.
  12. BTW: I tried to read water and oil temp on the C8.R with SimHub, but the values remained at 0.0 ... as there are options for the coolers in the setup now, does somebody know if the temps could be read and how?

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I've been commenting on that for a long time, it's a problem for those of us who go in VR, sadly, except for the labels, those of us in VR are a bit abandoned.... if we go out on the track we can't get on all the vehicles if we want to learn from the fastest ones, because if the number of vehicles is even, we cannot access all of them, or only the even ones, or only the odd ones....

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Also the Ferrari seems to have completely new sounds (or a major overhaul) and actually sounds like a Ferrari now!

Eric Rowland likes this.
  15. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

I tested this out and your are right. I flatspotter the tyres real bad. Then let AI take control for 5 sec then back to me and no more flat spotting. Test on Aston n BMW.

16. ThomasJohansen

A lot of s397 cars are missing Temps and onboard TC in the shared memory api (or what it's called).

17. ThomasJohansen

Funny after a few adjustments of my setup, it got better for the porsche curves than before the update. by the way, try it with mediums, it helps alot in these curves.
    I can share the setup tonight if you want it.

Lars, sg333 and Deleted member 58016 like this.
  18. sg333

sg333 Registered

My 'quick fix' was softs and a super-soft rear setup for the Porsche. This was for short runs as I was testing all the cars. I would be curious to see what you did setup wise as dont think mine works for a stint

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  19. I know about this, but I thought it has been changed because e.g. the C8.R has now "cooler" options for oil and water cooler in its setup - so I assume that I need to figure out if the engine will survive if I close them by 75% ;-)

20. MBA_PRO

MBA_PRO Registered

Use the ingame HUD, you have a screen for oil, water and brake temps.
    Oil temp should not exceed 120°