Great game but ... :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joubarbe, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Joubarbe

Joubarbe Registered

Hi,

I have three concerns with rFactor 2 :

1/ Sound is saturating, especially with the Clio. A lot of games saturate with a headset, but most of the time, reducing the volume parameter is enough to fix the problem. Not in rFactor 2. I can't race because of that.

2/ Two of the mod I downloaded (GT World and ISI Master) don't work. "Unable to install the following mods" it says ; while every others works fine.

3/ Like in rFactor 1, automatic clutch is not simulated like it should. In fact, the player must release briefly its accelerator pedal if he wants a "correct" sound. I don't know if I'm clear...

Thanks!

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If you see a star displayed next to mod's name, then it means update is available. Update all installed mods before you install new ones.

3. Joubarbe

Joubarbe Registered

Thanks. The problem was that ISI Formula Masters and GT World requires Renault Megane Trophy.

Any other good solution for the sound ? :)

EDIT : Also, I have another problem with Formula Renault 35. I uninstalled it and now the game doesn't recognize it. It doesn't appear in the list anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Clio sound is going to sorted on the next update of the Mod, it's a known issue.

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

EDIT : Also, I have another problem with Formula Renault 35. I uninstalled it and now the game doesn't recognize it. It doesn't appear in the list anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well reinstall it ?? .. lol Just had to say that sry .. :D

FR35. has 2 updtaes as well as the main install ,make sure you put all 3 the RFMOD files in the pakages folder >ISI1044-v10 ,ISI1044-10-v11, ISI1044-v11-v12 , after the v10 is installed you will see the (*) as Sczcech says on the mod so you can "update" but only if the new version's/ update are present in the pakages folder !

wierd how some things appear "hidden" untill another componet is seen by the software .. but it all works !!

hope this helps ...

:p

6. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

Try this; click once on the speaker icon down by your clock. Click on "mixer". Move the slider for rFactor2 down. See if that helps.

Not too sure what you mean by "correct sound", but it sounds like you want "auto blip" and "auto lift" enabled in your player.plr file.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

7. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Nice Tip Bryan!

8. Joubarbe

Joubarbe Registered

Indeed, thanks Bryan ; it's not perfect but that's much better.

Anyway, I still have the problem with Formula Renault. I'm trying to redownload all three files...
    I must say that the first time I tried to install it, it was in-game, and the download of the first file was not over. So I uninstalled it (because the game installed it anyway without error...) and poof! the file disappeared for rFactor.

EDIT : Still not working.
    EDIT² : And another question : why in some cars (Megane, Nissan), pushing the accelerator pedal has no effect ? Is it normal that the engine seems to drown and the gear can be passed very quickly without any effect ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012