GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

No problem. I think that Ligier is slow at Hockenheim. Of course, the real Ligier was down on power to the Renault and Ferrari, so it makes sense. But they are fun to drive, but man was that tough. I hope we can do it again!

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Helmets in car #22 + #31 too shiny or wrong lighting. Ligier Wings seem to b too white (no metal look). Ferrari undershadow shows part of nose, although it came off in an accident.
    tested at LRP incl HDR on.

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks a lot Hazi for debbuging !!!

Helmet has already be done. I will have a look at how to modify ferrari undershadow.
    Milky looks of ferrari and ligier wings are maybe be because of the Specular texture or from an alpha Layer. I had to dig it...
    I have now alternative skin working as choice in Upgrade but don't know how to assign them by default for chassis upgrade.
    All car had been already re exported with some correction( live cube reflection on arrows, ligier revled and interior now looks better, no more Helmet shyne). I 've autorized refuelling on each car. Redone Talent files with RF2 spec etc etc
    It will certainly have an upgrade this friday...
    If any of you want to help with some texture or anything else they are welcome.

4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I noticed two thing in single player mod :
    Nothing happen when you hit "CTRL + X" to accelerate time.
    Another thing very strange (happened twice) : with Renault car, while exiting pit, car behaves as an hand brake was on :confused:
    At the beginning, I thought it was a graphic issue like very low FPS but no, other cars look like normal. I have to push hard to go on track...

5. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Salut Hi Mydriaz,

So ça semble zarb cette histoire de Renault... Tu as vu ça sur quel chassis ??? La R01 RS11 ou RS12 ??? Je n'ai pas eu le temps de tester toutes les voitures pour le debug je ne conduits pas j'utilise seulement les le control par l'AI donc je su_is peut etre passé à coté de quelque chose.

So It's sound strange this Renault issue. With which chassis did you seen this ??? Rs01 ??? RS11 RS12 ??

6. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi - salut Arnao,
    Yes that sounds zarb - strange. I used Rs01 chassis... May be this is due to my system :confused:
    I'll try to replay this issue to give you more details. In both times, it was on a non-ISI track...
    While we are talking about Renault, I noticed that decals (Michelin & Renault) on RS11 & RS12 were upside down.
    Allez, bon courage pour la suite ;) - Keep up the hard work ;).

7. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Love this mod. 2 best mods on rf2 are the 1960s and these 79ers, Aussie F1 ledgends in each. just updated so now i have more cars for 79ers and driving the williams the needle on the engine rev counter has gone, all other cars have them, is this a known bug or have i just stuffed something up?

8. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Salut Hi,
    Thanks to reply, I had notice it but it's not yet corrected...

9. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Cheers, been racing these things around Mid Ohio, awsome, about 5 or so years ago at a car musem in perth, w australia, there was one of alan jones's f1 cars there, i think it was the fw 06 in the mod. the local counsel wouldnt renew the lease on the place and so the had to close, went past there not to long ago and the place is still emty, sure it was the same car though, no 27. used to seeing ferrarris with 27 an 28, thats why i still remember the car. also had a go cart with a small rocket engine on the back of it, i think it may have had a bit of an oversteer problem.

10. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Just spent an hour thrashing this car around Sebring, great fun. well done.

11. Arnao

Arnao Registered

First Post Updated....

GP79_CAR_ALPHA_0.1g_DEBBUG.RFCMP
    GP79_TALENTV0.2.RFCMP
    GP79_SOUNDV0.1.rfcmp

If you already had download and install older released you only need to removed GP79_CAR & GP79_Talent... It's not need to re download sound keep the older GP79_SOUNDSV0.1.RFCMP should work...

It's still a debug version but it's not far from RF1 version. I must upgrade Tires but maybe I 'll waiting for ISI future release. Maybe I'll found tires that will fit 79 era well.

-Talents files been redone
    -Refuelling is now available
    -You got alternative skin in tuning upgrade for upgrade chassis or historic track skins as the original RF1.
    -No more helmet cube material.
    -All car have been re exported
    -etc etc

I don't really know what must be done or redone before going futher so if you have some ideas...

ANY feedBack are welcome even if

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
  12. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Drivin Ligier #25 at Spa 66 I recognized that my CPU usage went mad and then I got the slowmo problem (violett bar) with 19 AIs (falling out of realtime) on that track and even worse at LRP. Never had that in another mod. (AMD 955 CPU here/tried on another PC an here too (Intel Q4)).
    On the D Daly car I saw a big object at the end (could be wrong heat haze?)
    View attachment 5761
    Edit: Was with the other build not that 4 mins ago - will try again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
  13. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Lol thank Hazi

This Ensign HEatFX has been corrected...
    For slow down CPU ...never got it... If it's recurrent with my MOD maybe got something wrong somewhere ...

14. Hazi

Hazi Registered

You only recognize it when you drive yourself - when switch to AI control of player car CPU bar goes back to normal.
    Could not get new version (G) working.

15. Arnao

Arnao Registered

????
    You need to uninstall all are delete by hand as said previously.
    It's not Guy RFMOD but 3 components. You need to Install each.
    Have you got an error message or more info of what happen ????

16. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Did everything - uninstall and delete by hand (as I did with previous versions) even restarted and reinstalled again all 3 files (deleted mfts) - after loading track rf2 exits.
    What I saw is that I have all cars/drivers twice in the carlist??
    Will try again tomorrow.....

17. Arnao

Arnao Registered

OK
    Something is still there It's not normal to have car twice.... You must have something still here in Installed\Vehicle ...Have a look ans if you sort it out or not let US to know !!!

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Redownloaded and got it working!! Thx and n8.

But still the problem with the CPU BAR/SlowMo effect. But in this post #146 from Mydriaz I think maybe he had the same problem but did`t look at the CPU graph:
    "Another thing very strange (happened twice) : with Renault car, while exiting pit, car behaves as an hand brake was on
    At the beginning, I thought it was a graphic issue like very low FPS but no, other cars look like normal. I have to push hard to go on track..."

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

20. lbird

lbird Registered

One little thing: The rev counter in the Ferrari does not match the actual revs, it is way off.