GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ty, thats what I was thinking of, kill switch.
    Or somebody knows better.

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Very interesting. Did you contact or inquire with ISI about this, I think it might be an important issue?

3. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Tyrrell 009 cockpit

For those who don't follow the modding thread here is the New Tyrrell Cockpit made by ZONDER
    View attachment 9565

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Yes I saw it, nice improvement.
    Keep up the good work !

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Arnao & Zonder- I started with a completely clean install (yes, I have 3 rF2 installs now!) and installed GP79 0.4 then the experimental 0.42 and loaded up the Renault. It was fine (the new turbo makes the car easier to drive I think but I didn't get a lot of time with it). then I tried to load the Tyrrell and no dice. Even in the Spinner it would not work. Here's the error

View attachment 9635

6. rer8

rer8 Registered

Thanks for this post Guy. You just saved me a lot of time... I did a fresh install of Build 240 last night after numerous CTD's. I added the ISI tracks this morning and tested another 10 or so tracks, one at a time in hopes of finding the problem tracks. I had already made the decision about the earlier track mods. Hopefully Abriel will take note of this and adjust his Bit Torrent Sync tool. I will post a quick note to him as well. Wonderful work on this mod... I have driven it some but am currently "grounded", my long used G25 died, and I am waiting on Newegg to send my G27. Best to all you programmers who are building this '79 mod. Thank you very much.

7. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Guy could you try to max all options for car...
    Player and AI...
    If it still don't work could you try to open in 0.42 folder tyrrell.mas and track down if a texture is missing ????
    I don't think so because Zonder and I got it working well !!!!
    I will try to find your issue this evening if still needed !!!

8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I have tested each DTM track and all load up fine.

Testing:
    -installed GP79 0.4 and applied the 0.41 update
    -installed all DTM tracks
    -in single player I selected All cars & tracks
    -selected one GP79 car
    -set 1 AI
    -loaded up the track and started the race without problems

So whatever it is, DTM tracks are not the problem.
    In previous builds there was a problem if you installed too many locations rF2 would CTD with each and every mod and track combination. I don't know if that was fixed. The only fix I could find was to uninstall (you don't have to delete the files) some locations in Mod Manager.

Here is the bug report: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10225-Limit-of-installed-locations-%28or-maybe-all-components%29-reached

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I already use max options for all cars.

Looking at the files in 0.42, there is no file with TY_DASH1 or TY_DASH_S in any of the files. There is a DASH_S.TGA (no TY_ before it though).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  10. Arnao

Arnao Registered

TY_DASH1 is the material name...It's compose by 3 textures : Dash_d.tga, Dash_s.tga, Dash_n.tga

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have those 3 textures installed. Could it be my resolution that is causing an issue?

12. zonder

zonder Registered

Oil_press/Water_temp guage is working now, I added warning lights low fuel and oil temp aswell as new mirror shape

[​IMG]

13. lbird

lbird Registered

Great, you got the smith gauge working! Good one, looks much more authentic that way...

14. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Indeed, looks very nice, but it would have been even nicer if you'd kept the original steering wheel(circular).

15. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Super!

16. zonder

zonder Registered

Thanks, regarding that steering wheel has anybody seen that car with circular wheel on any pictures if yes could you help and link me to that, because i have seen it on pictures only with horseshoe type wheels, i cant wait to do that circular wheel but so far cut is what i've seen on original

17. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

The new cockpit looks great!!! nice work:)

cheers,

Sean

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I have looked this up and banged my head against the wall trying to find something and all I could find are the color pic we've seen with the blue cockpit and I saw a fuzzy, old, small black & white pic of the cockpit with a horseshoe wheel. I think you are on to something.

I found out that the owner of the Tyrrell from those modern pix we see lives in Sarasota, FL which is real close to me. I emailed him and called (but no answer) and I'm going to talk to him and see if he has any first hand info on the cockpit and wheel from 79. Who knows, maybe he has pics at least.

19. lbird

lbird Registered

Same thing here, tried to find something and came up empty. The only hint i found is that every shot of other cars from 79 shows a round wheel, but that is not really satisfying evidence, let alone a good sample for modding....

20. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Check scale models and pics from 1979 and you'll see that the wheel is circular, I think there is a reason the original mod had circular leather coated wheels since that's what they used in 1979. 'Horse shoe'-type wheel is only used nowadays at historic events. It's not hard to find various pics from 1979 where you can spot a round wheel.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Here is even a new video where a circular wheel is used.

Edit 2: Even more proof.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013