Getting out of sim racing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gearjammer, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Just thought I would post a quick note here to let those that might be interested know that I have a G27 for sale. Check out the hardware forum for the information on it.

2. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Sorry to see you go. Enjoyed your posts.
    SW

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yeah that sucks. You should try some hand exercises and learn to hold the wheel a little lighter. :)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I could have sworn this exact thread was already created earlier today and I replied with a response regarding some supplements to possibly help you. Did the thread getting deleted???

5. PMC

PMC Registered

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

sorry to hear that gearjammer :(

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks PMC.

Good kuck with everything Gearjammer. Make sure to check up on us every once in a while, and hopefully we run into eachother online one of these days. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself.

Ciao!

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Never said I was leaving the forum, just getting out of racing. I still plan on contributing a bit to the community with liveries etc.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is always sad to see some one leave our Sim racing community for health reason! good luck mate and we will miss you, because you are a very good poster!

10. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

Hope to see you racing again some day Jim, have some good times with your next hobbies :)

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

He's not leaving the forum, lol.

On another note, i do hope you are going to pursue trying to figure out what is the cause of your pain. Sorry to so depressing but it's more than likely to get worse with time unless you can find the culprit!

I don't know if you want to discuss about it here or not, but i would start with looking into a possible dietary culprit first, simply because it's the easiest and cheapest to rule out first. The amount of crap that we can get from processed foods is always a biggy, worse if your in the states i understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  12. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Sucks to hear man, hope things get better. Maybe when they finally get to the bottom of things you can make a big return, better and stronger than ever. :)

I was thinking of different controller options but I guess that won't do you much good with a "sim" like rF2. GL and hope things work out for you soon.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Gearjammer, you should definitely read this...

http://chriskresser.com/how-too-much-omega-6-and-not-enough-omega-3-is-making-us-sick

Well worth the read and a look into your diet. It may or may-not be the cause but on probability alone, diet has very good odds of being the/a contributing cause.

"You are what you eat"

If only people cared as much about their diet as they usually do about their superficial appearances.

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

So far the doctors and I have been going round and round for about 4 years now. They have looked at what I eat as well as what I don't. I have been given supplements for B-12, D and Potassium. I have been given different drugs, which though effective in relieving the pain, also make it impossible for me to drive due either to making me sick or drowsy, or due to them being illegal for a commercial driver to use. The doctors have pretty much said they give up, and that at some point it will get worse and they will hopefully be able to determine more of what is causing it when it does.

Regardless, it is something that I have to deal with, and unfortunately it currently means that I am no longer able to drive commercial trucks for a living, nor race. I will have a read on that article DrR1pper later today and see if there is anything that might help me out.

Thanks again guys. Appreciate the concern and the advice.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Best of luck Jim.

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Buy/read the book, "Fit for Life 1985".....if your problem is dietary related, Fit 4 Life will solve it.

All the best.