GetMod Manager

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Noel Hibbard, May 3, 2014.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

1. There are modders who seem reluctant to put their mods in the workshop.
    2. There are a number of modders with still popular content who have moved on. (Possible maybe to get their permission to upload to workshop)
    For me the final nail is the amount of extra space it takes to use workshop content. I would possibly double my storage needs for my non workshop content.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

One workaround to handle workshop content like manually downloaded content:
    - subscribe to a mod and let it download
    - cut the rfcmp file from it's subfolder in ..Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960
    - paste it into the folder from where you install manually downloaded rfcmp
    - unsubscribe and check if everything was deleted
    - install manually
    - repeat that, if you want updated versions

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unless I've missed something (quite possible), the game won't automatically subscribe you to content and download it when you try to join a server with content you don't have - including workshop content. Last time I tried it that didn't work, anyway. So even when I know a server is running workshop content, I need to go and subscribe to it, then join the server after download.

This tool allows a server admin to host the files somewhere and have them autodownload when people join. This also means league content (which is often not public, for good reason) can be handled neatly.

nonamenow likes this.
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ah yeah you are right. Only thought about it from the site of a league admin not for public hosting.

I think for league admins the workshop is even better. When updating cars/tracks thr workshop detects only the difference. You don‘t need to upload the whole file over and over again for every update you make. Donwside of the workshop is. You can‘t make a private one without a lot of work. Only possible functions are: hidden, private only for your steam friends and public. A hidden but accesible with a link or pw would be a nice feature. Like none listed videos on youtube

nonamenow and Lazza like this.
  5. Depco

Depco Registered

Supposedly the new Competition Infrastructure (CI) is supposed to handle workshop content in a similar way to GetMod. This is assuming we actually get the CI. :rolleyes:

Of course this does not help us with non workshop content.

nonamenow likes this.
  6. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

GetMod Down again?

7. Depco

Depco Registered

It appears so.

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Should be working now....