Forum website full of adverts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pluginz, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I personally use Firefox as it performs alright and I don't think it gets targetted by webscum nerds and fraudsters quite as much as IE. I run it with thhe ADblock plugin, but its not blocking anything on the ISI pages so I think you have a browser hijacker. Unless you can identify and remove it I would be looking at a complete reinstall.

2. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

All 3 machines exactly the same!! Thats what is wrong

3. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

I have the same problem. Using IE9

Doesn't happen on any other forums only here, It's very annoying

Tony

View attachment 4110

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  4. Kiro

Kiro Registered

IE, Facebook, ect...
    hehe, if you're going to walk around with your pants down, eventually somebody's going to stick something in there.

5. VLA

VLA Registered

Following this thread with interest......Same situation here, 3 to 4 clicks before movement......IE8..btw

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

7. boblug

boblug Registered

According to google search it has something to do with the facebook code link. Did anything change recently on the site related to facebook?

8. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

I don't belong to facebook, and what's wrong with IE. It works perfctly everywhere else.

Tony

9. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Probably because IE is the most unsafe and overall worst browser you can use (hence the pants down metaphor)

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

as I said before there has been a major security update to internet explorer recently so make sure your Windows update is up to date.
    Certainly sounds like a malware, virus thing as if it was forum related then surely it would affect a lot more people than it seems to be doing.
    Run all virus scans, malware programs, Windows defender etc etc

11. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Well i've given up trying to eliminate this little pest and just blocked 'www.facebook.com' in the restricted sites zone. All is well now and pages move back and forth as they should.
    Cant help but thinking this is wrong, but seems like there is nothing that can be done about it, apart from swtching browsers :confused:

12. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have even go so far that I have removed facebook from my internet completely using few plugins to filter pages and servers, one handy is blocksite plugin, put server there and nothing from that server will exist, it is like such server would have disappeared from internet as nothing is allowed to be transferred from such server, really nice, I doubled speed of my browsing with that as I blocked unneeded servers and code from loading, with as slow connection as I have, that means waiting 10-15 seconds instead of up to 30 seconds for page to load, yeah, that slow.

14. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Thanks bud, I will take a look at that and run the software. :)

But if i block facebook.com, the error is gone. Wish I understood more!

15. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Even after blocking facebook.com, the dreaded facebook-static links are back. Im stumped :confused:

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Facebook tracks you even if you're not a member or if you've never even been to their site.

Any website on the net that has a "like" button or an "fconnect" button, Facebooks is injecting tracking cookies into your browser.

Blocking facebook.com will not help.

I use the Facebook Disconnect plugin in Chrome and I don't even see the "fconnect" button at the top of the forum.

http://lifehacker.com/5843969/facebook-is-tracking-your-every-move-on-the-web-heres-how-to-stop-it

If you're an FB member, then it ties your browsing history to your profile (without your knowledge) and If you're not a member, it just compiles an anonymous record of your browsing history.

Either way, they are tracking you and running CCleaner will not remove the tracking cookies.

You need a professional spyware tool to remove them and then you need to block them from coming back.

17. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I haven't actually had this issue (yet?), but i found this fact pretty scary, if it really is a fact. Sick World...

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Google does exactly the same and their policy is nobody should have no secrets, their goal is to collect every information there is in the world according to Google's bosses many many years ago at least...

19. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Haha, that of course would mean i'd be ****ed anyway, so i don't bother about... :D

20. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Chrome is installed now. So i dont see the facebook-static link now.. Does that mean Chrome is blocking it? Or it just cant see it like IE9?

Thank you in advance guys.

:)