Formula Renault 3.5 FFB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jeffers, May 16, 2017.

1. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Since the update FFB feels much lighter through maggots/becketts at Silverstone, the steering isn't getting heavier through high-speed corners as previously. Actually feels quite numb. Anyone else experiencing lighter FFB with this car?

demerzel likes this.
  2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Are you sure you're running v1.6?

3. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Yep, running v1.6

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Can confirm I felt this too at various tracks

demerzel likes this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Have you tried increasing the 'FFB Multiplier'?

6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I did not try the old version, but I can confirm the ffb gets lighter in high speed corners. Butt all in all the car offers a good ffb.

7. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Just had another go, previous setups no longer work, guess that could be cause of the new CPM. Running with default setup turn-in is slightly better, although the FFB continues to get lighter when going through high-speed corners. Prior to the update I had the FFB multiplier set at 1.88, have since taken it up to 2.00, however there isn't a noticeable difference. Other than this issue the new car is much easier to drive with the default setup, brakes and rear traction feel better.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How's clipping with 2.0 on multiplier?

9. jeffers

jeffers Registered

At the minute its fine, no clipping, but with the previous build I certainly would've been clipping been clipping at 2.0, as I began clipping at 1.90.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

max caster ffb 1.10 t3oo always feels milies better!

was hoping the need for caster nerfing wouldn't be needed anymore. :(

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This sounds very similar to what the Civic 1.3 users were reporting. The new tire seems to produce odd ffb.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  12. Jego

Jego Registered

I only did a few laps so far but the ffb seemed like it was reversed. :confused:
    Will look into it later today

demerzel likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Something within these ne physics updates is messing the ffb,two cars now,but for me the FR seems like the tears are more willing to slip,before it was kinder hard to get the back out,but now it wants to just step out every chance it gets.

14. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Yeah I think there could be an element of truth in this, FFB does feel heavier than it used to in the slower corners.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Hm, no clipping at 2.0? What tool are you using to test for clipping? I just did a short test run and at 2.0 it's clipping in basically every corner according to rF2PedalOverlayPlugin. I would say at most around 1.5 is appropriate if you want to avoid losing detail in FFB.

16. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

To me it feels a bit heavier on the outer sides of FFB but also lighter at center. To the point if i go fast and have to turn quickly side to side it kinda "rattle" as it it passes over center wheel as it gets light there. It was more tight/solid before going from side to side which also made rF2 the very best. My wheel is cheap (DFGT) but it felt very good in rF2. I tested some of the newly updated cars and they seem lighter at center and heavier on the sides. Feels like it clips the forces on the sides and so you want to turn multiplier down but then it gets even lighter at the center.

Its not a massive change, but enough to make it not as good as before.

17. jeffers

jeffers Registered

I have a Bodnar V2 53 servo (20.5nm) wheel which I imagine allows me to run the higher ffb multiplier. Previously I would've started clipping at 1.88/1.90 at a couple of corners. Beforehand I was using the pedal overlay plugin to monitor clipping, though the one I was using of course doesn't now work with DX1.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

any of you trying caster? you get the heavier feel in corners without getting massive earthquakes upping the ffb. but you may loose detail in corners.

19. jeffers

jeffers Registered

I haven't, though I'll give it a try later.

20. Jego

Jego Registered

So apparently I never tested the new version, because I was playing on a server which is still running version 1.2 of the FR3,5.

Upon unsubscribing the from the new workshop version and deleting the folder from the install path everything is back to normal.
    (The reason I am unsubscribing and not testing the new version is that I have a league race tonight and as already mentioned the server is running the old version, so there is no point for me now to go to the new one.)