Formula Renault 3.5 FFB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jeffers, May 16, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We read and consider everything reported, if there's no answer yet please don't read too much into it, it could be we're just busy.
    As far as FFB goes we had a wide range of wheels tested, by the test team, and did not get any reports of FFB effects being way off.

Rony1984, Christos Segkounas and Jego like this.
  2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Direct drive wheels also in the test team? Like Bodnar, OSW, Accuforce..

3. jeffers

jeffers Registered

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say probably not. Perhaps not as accessible as the mainstream wheels are.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would consider using telemetry in order to validate FFB and TGM in general. You get numbers out of it for different corner types. Otherwise you just get feelings from people that haven't probably ever driven that car and don't know what they should expect.

Leaving all the responsibility to testing team makes me wonder if you have any data from Honda regarding dunlop tires in order to validate/correlate its behaviour. It would seem that no validation is being done at vehicle developer level considering that a very different tire like medium one in the Civic has surpassed all testing process.

Guimengo likes this.
  5. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

For what it's worth, I tried the FR3.5 today, the FFB felt fine with my Thrustmaster TX.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It feels a bit odd at first, but I got used to it and didn't even notice it after a couple laps. I also have my FFB turned down a bit though, maybe that will help some people.

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I took the car to the place of my last race with it, Spa, and also Silverstone where I had raced earlier in the season.
    At Silverstone in particular I noticed some unpleasant kickback from the car when hitting bumps down the straights as if I had turned down FFB smoothing, except I hadn't.
    The car feels like the low speed FFB has been turned up and bumps get translated with more force, and that's pretty much it.
    Important to point out my old setups worked perfectly fine and I was a lot more happy driving them than I was with the default one.
    I see no issues with the car on my end and it reminded me of why it became a favorite in the first place.
    Too bad the vices I mentioned in my first post remain but the general handling is always quite rewarding.
    If there are any other more sophisticated changes to the FFB of this car that may have screwed up some people's high-end wheels with their more advanced settings I cannot tell.

LokiD likes this.
  8. Ceolmor

Ceolmor Registered

OSW Simucube/small Mige here. I'm new to rF2, coming from AC. Tried the FR3.5 (v1.6) tonight in default setting and getting the same as others have reported. The steering goes lighter in corners, not heavier. Feels weird and not like any other car in a sim I've driven. Surprised because the ffb/physics in the USF2000 is probably the best I have ever experienced.

9. sman

sman Registered

many times heavier feeling better ffb you get when you increase Caster imo to many drive with too low caster (i think)
    OSW LENZE 29NM great FFB in rF2 the only issue i have sometimes , not with all, is with non ISI/397 (except Nissan500 ) content

10. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Increasing caster didn't make too much of a difference for me, default caster setting are exactly the same as pre 1.6 build where there was a significant difference through the high-speed corners.

11. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Not sure if this question has been made, but after trying the new version of FR 3.5 i noticed that the tire temperatures, no matter what camber you use, the OUTSIDE temperatures are allways higher than the inside, is this correct?

Guimengo likes this.
  12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ive been on holiday since last Saturday,so I don't know if it's had a update,but the weeks prior to last Saturday I ran this car a lot at zandvoort,and I could get a good temp spread across the tyres.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Have you tried stiffening the springs and antiswaybar?

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No, but if i do that car will become more unstable to drive i guess...

15. Emery

Emery Registered

What I was getting at is that tire temps & camber can depend on how much the car body is rolling, so stiffening the springs & swaybars to reduce body roll is a quick check to see if that is happening.

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Not the case here, tire temps are hotter on the outside even with it's max (-4.5), so i would like to know what's going on or if this is a bug or something. For sure it's not realistic, the tire contact with asphalt as we can see in real life is less on the outside, the same looks visually in rFactor2 but the outside is hotter can't figure out why...