Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I really enjoy the sound of those beast, seems really accurate, spot on! I feel the need to raise a lot the volume and at the same time put some ear plugs like in RL. Great job ISI :)

View attachment 12825

Edit: BTW, I spent nearly one hour just looking at the front right tire from a camera you can access with several "home" key press. It's absolutely fabulous the way it move when you brake or use throttle lightly, you really see the tire changing his shape, having a bounce behavior, etc. Hallucinogen! :)

Edit2: BTW #2: I read the whole explanation (great literature!). I have a weird feeling with FFB: even if I really enjoy FFB with this car, precise, really good feedback, I'm surprised sometimes to feel a contrary force than I used to feel with other cars. I mean: when in curve your wheel always want to go straight so you feel it in your hand (fighting against this force) and if you release the wheel it will go back to straight position like front tires will do. With this car sometimes it feel "reversed": if you release the wheel in some curve at some speed ("some" may vary, I din't find the reproducible way) it will go further and will turn the wheel more (with the tires obviously). I'm clear? not sure. In other words: Tires want to go straight usually so your wheel want to return to straight position. Sometimes with this car it's reserve: it want to turn more and you feel the wheel and tires which want to go further inside the curve (same feeling when you fully reverse FFB with negative value in rF1). I guess this is due to the car architecture? It don't annoy me as it feel natural with this car, I'm just wondering why I feel that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I think it's more about where the sound GOES... F1 now uses turbos which not only uses the exhaust to feed more oxygene to the engine, it's turbine also recharges batteries AND heat is converted to electric power. Sound is energy, wasted energy...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

A bit of both no doubt, although I have to say with each update from ISI, whether its ffb, updated cars, new cars, it always seem to improve significantly.
    Just take the old FR35 or the Williams F2, before they where great but iffy, after 590 (660?) they changed a fair bit and where much better and enjoyable.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Well, RPM and the Turbo very given as main reasons by one F1 Team.

And this kind of "screaming" sound I have only ever heard from high RPM cars and bikes.... a 10.000 RPM Ducati doesn't sound anywhere near those either, but a 600ccm Yamaha R6 will at 16.000.

But either way these sound great.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

6. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

There are strange bumps in Silverstone with default setup. Is this normal?

7. RJames

RJames Registered

Not really sure what to say :D

[​IMG]

8. Twista

Twista Registered

They're bumps on the circuit. They seem to be less aggressive on the apex of the corner, so try not to run too wide. They'll throw your car right off if you don't have it balanced properly.

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

One word: marbles

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

You definitely have to be careful with your line through there I've noticed. Softening your rear suspension will help if you miss your line through that section but like all adjustments you're going to compromise another part of the circuit.

11. 88mphTim

There are bumps in that turn, it's better to stay on the apex.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I like those bumps ....I don't care if they are present on the real world circuit or not, if gives something else to consider whilst entering that corner

what Silverstone lap times are we getting ?

( Im using stock setup full fuel med downforce pack, light rubber on track and in 1.46's but not use to Silverstone in rf2 yet so that may be slow )

EDIT thanks Tim , its good to know there are really there though!

13. 88mphTim

Listen to the engine. http://youtu.be/G76J1zlf4oA?t=1m12s 1min12s mark.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

nice example, coincidently I watched this exact same clip earlier, a great clip & I was in total admiration of the skill of these f1 drivers, that cars right on the very edge
    its would be very hard to notice to what degree for someone who does'nt use simulators (or real world formula cars )

EDIT -in clips like this I also use the jolts on his wheel as an indication for ffb settings

15. 88mphTim

hehe, first result on google for me :)

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Strange, as SS isnt exactly high DF track, its rather fast

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

18. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

It feels to me like about 1/2 the corners are like skidpads, corners that I barely brake for. :D. It's hard to imagine being fast through Copse, Maggots, Becketts, and Abbey without lots of downforce.

19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Help! The rfcmp won't show up in the mod manager. It is the correct file size (123,865 kb) and I' m using build 660. Never had an install problem before. Of course this component has been packaged differently. Also, how do you install the rfm? Make a mas file out of the 3 components? TIA!

20. 88mphTim

What three components? We have one. If you don't know what the rFM is, I'd wager you don't need it. It's for people hosting, so their server can have slightly better rules.

Are you checking VEH at the top?