Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

You need to have the Veh filter selected in Modmanager because as you say it's been packaged differently so it doesn't appear with the Mlt filter selected as previous cars do. Once installed it should appear after 'All Tracks & Cars' is selected.

There is no RFM to install, you only get RFMs when a 'rfmod' is installed either one you made or downloaded from a server, (not counting the default 'All Tracks & Cars' for offline use).

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Tim can we a isi server hosting these cars. ?
    Any track

Ruben

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

on silverstone would be nice,

although my join button seems mostly greyed out, I know this is known issue perhaps being sorted for next build,
    is there a work around or is it a case of leaving multiplayer & rejoining until it appears?

4. Emery

Emery Registered

I've just tried them back-to-back and the 2014 model is a notch nicer than the earlier model. The earlier model is tougher to drive on cold tires (default setup, high downforce), but then once they warm up, it seems to grip better. The 2014 model, though, is more alive at the steering wheel.

Normally the top open-wheel cars are not my cup of tea, but this one might just convince me to practice with them more...

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I will, just been a bit run ragged. I've actually been coming to the forums for a break ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Thank you Tim

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Yes, I have the veh tab selected and the rfcmp in the packages folder. Thanks for the info about the rfm.

8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Do I need any previous install of the FR3.5 versions? Thanks to all.

9. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Well, I selected thr "Mlt" filter just for the hell of it and guess what...there it is! Can anyone explain this since the packaging is different now. Thank you for your assistance!

10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Disregard...double post.

11. 88mphTim

Nope. Just Build 660 would be nice. :) check components, and veh.

12. 88mphTim

That'll probably be the old one.

13. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

I'm using build 660. Anyway, thanks for your help Tim.

14. 88mphTim

If it's not showing, then it can't be completed downloading, or there must be some other issue. :) It's the usual rfmod filename file you are looking for, downloaded via the green box.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I believe, there is a missunderstanding because of the "new" way of packaging cars and sound together into the vehicle file...Maybe he is looking for a multi component file...

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

The 2014 Formula Renault is working great for me now. I've done about 60 laps at Silverstone GT and 40 at Hockenheim. The rfcmp was located in the mod manager under the MLT tab. I never thought to look there. All's well that ends well. Thanks again.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Question for Tim or someone else well knowledgeable:

Given that I don't run any other cars with DRS (and don't plan to), I race strictly offline, and I generally want to remove the "all the time" usage of DRS during practice and quality (I think it's okay to have for overtakes, but not for timed laps), would there be any issue just putting these lines

RearFlapWetThreshold=0.5 // maximum track wetness allowed for rear flaps to be used (any session)
    RearFlapZoneSessions=31 // allowed sessions, added together (1=test, 2=practice, 4=qualifying, 8=warmup, 16=race)

into the allcarsandtracks_10 mas RFM file?

If I understand right, this would set the DRS detection zones active also for practice and qualifying, so the AI will not longer be able to run it on every straight. This would obviously apply to all cars that use DRS zones, but as I said there's no other one I currently run. I assume on tracks built without DRS Zones, this will completely remove it in all sessions - again, fine by me.

I suppose

RearFlapWetThreshold=0.0 // maximum track wetness allowed for rear flaps to be used (any session)

would equal a complete deactivation of DRS for all the time?

I understand now how to make a vmod specifically for the FR35, but if I keep adding tracks I'd have to rebuild the vmod all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Had a longer session with it and have to say it's a beast. So much grip, so much downforce. To be flatout at Copse when going 250-260 km/h it's mindblowing thing for anything below modern F1 car.

I recon it is possible to go 1:40 with lots of rubber with this car around Silverstone. I didn't fiddle around the setup very much. Very minor changes and did low 1:41 without any problems. It's such a joy to drive. Tyre model seems to be improved, checked telemetry and things seem to look more and more ok. Now we need tyre pressure fix and we should be golden. ;)

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

20. datanode

datanode Registered

Usually for me I am carrying more speed through the previous turn to hangar straight. I think I bottom out as it snap oversteers.

But then maybe I shouldn't try and carry speed through there. Take a very different approach :)