FFB becomes grainy after session change

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ernie, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Alnorate

Alnorate Registered

Fact is (for me): The grainy feeling is NEVER at the beginning of the session. It is only when changing the session or when i come back to pit (esc), or switch to simhub and return, for example...

Gonzo and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  2. F1 Dave

F1 Dave Registered

Yes same for me, first time I got it was on a session change, then started to happen when escaping to the pits, something werid going on during them moments,
    That's the only way to kind of reproduce this issue, but it's random and doesn't happen all the time

3. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

S397 dont know how the rf2 FFB code works I suspect. They also never fixed the sudden jolts with DD wheels, an issue that has been there for many years as well.

For me this grainy issue has come and gone mysteriously. I had it for 1/2 year occasionally but then it stopped. God knows why, different usb port etc....

4. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Using the Reset FFB binding could be a workaround. I haven't read all messages but I'd give it a try if you haven't already. Resetting the FFB might return it to normal.

A dozen of Fanatec users randomly experiencing this when there are probably thousands of Fanatec users might mean this issue is hard to reproduce.

5. Imperator

Imperator Registered

I have a similar problem. My FFB turns off and the wheel goes numb when I change session. My wheel is T300RS. Cannot find a solution atm.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Just to join in here, my DD gets this grainy feeling after i re enter the pits or change car and the only way to resolve it is to restart rf2. Super annoying.

7. Stefan Donath

Stefan Donath Registered

Have you already tested the settings mentioned in this thread (saturation values within controller.json to 0 and DPR to Off).
    In my case this solved all my issues.
    Someone mentioned on another place that possibly the steering resistance saturation value within controller.json is the problem when not set to 0.
    I've set all saturation values to 0 in my case.
    You have to have rF2 closed when changing values within the controller.json

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

just the saturation settings fixed this to me, not happened for months since then.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yes i have tested with the saturations all on zero but the grainy feel always comes back, i can make the grainy feel go away if i set DRP to zero once it comes but i really feel the dampening is needed. I forgot each time to try the reset FFB button though to at least clear the FFB to normal.
    This problem is what keeps me away from rF2. Both Fanatec and S397 dont care it seems, i fear the new LeMans game is doomed to have the same issue.

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

are you sure you changed the right controller.json file?
    because for me its been fixed for months now.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I F3 searched all saturation lines and set them to 0. It was clear for a few return to outs then went grainy again, didn't even change car, just returned to pits a few times and it broke.

12. Marko

Marko Registered

You need to change profile file, not controller.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As long as you then load the profile again, yes. Editing the controller.json and not loading a profile will achieve the same thing. Seems to me some people are used to editing/loading profiles, and other people just use the controller.json. So whichever makes sense.

2ndLastJedi and Marko like this.
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I'll try again and see which i changed.

15. sushi

sushi Registered

16. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

I have a PWTS and I just solved this problem by putting the original steering wheel driver from the fanatec page.

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

The only thing that solves this on my Fanatec Clubsport is a reboot. Just restarting rF2 doesnt fix it. Still chasing a proper solution.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

If you change one of those in that folder which has names like "FANATEC XYZ.json" then you do not change your current settings. Those are just controller files you can load as a basic. You have to select and load them manually if you want this change to appear.
    If you want to change your current controller configuration, you have to change exactly this file: "%\rFactor 2\UserData\player\player.JSON" when using "player" as the profile which is default and valid for 99% of the users.

19. Makatak

Makatak Registered

Had very similar issue for quite a long time on DD2. Drove a bit after changing those settings in controller.json and seems like it helped. Would be nice if Studio397 could fix the root problem.

20. Raúl Cremas

Raúl Cremas Registered

Lol i thought i was going crazy.. i have the same same problem. more than 1 month with this isue. (CSL DD 8NM)
    i try to setup the saturation on 0 don't work