feels3 now works for Simbin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Feb 11, 2014.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

As far as I'm concerned, he could be working on some other genre. 3D artist's work is not just about cars and race tracks :) Working on some town or temple for an RPG game could be just as interesting.

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It might be... regarding to racing titles, it's a shame Simbin has abandoned Gmotor basis.

3. David Wright

David Wright Registered

In terms of physics, current Simbin titles still use an enhanced version of the ISI engine. In terms of graphics, gMotor is showing irs age and its not really a shame they have moved on.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

IMO I don´t see in the look of R3E and DTM not that much difference to rF graphics.
    A little bit like rF with ENB plugin and other textures.
    Sometimes I feel there like in a good rFactor-mod.
    And by the way: It´s all based on ISI engine. Take a look at the file structure alone...

Greets
    Pete

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Meanwhile everyone says the opposite about GSC13 using it? :)

rF2 is also an enhanced version of the same engine, or actually, an enhanced version of Zone Raiders. :D

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

All this talk about feels3 no longer being available, what about the couple current talented modders? What about bringing in Mario Morais to do track work, for example?

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe ISI just don't need more peeps in that department atm. i'm pretty sure they knew just how talented Feels3 was :)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Two people for all tracks sounds like too few and according to the nice Luc van Camp interview it certainly seems an additional person could go a long way.

9. Capeta

Capeta Registered

That's not the same amount of people than Iracing have for the same work ?

10. David Wright

David Wright Registered

Are you sure everyone is really happy that GSC2013 uses rFactor graphics? I thought it was the physics people liked.

From the ISR review "Would love to see this title on an updated graphics engine"

11. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Gjon probably disagrees with what I'm about to say, but ISI needs more people in virtually every department. rF2 is a solid game, but apart from its fantastic FFB and physics, it's lagging behind in most other areas.

12. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Agreed ISI needs to hire people or this sim will be "done" somewhere around the year 2030.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I am sure ISI is so incapable of running a company for over 10 years that they need people telling them what to do :)

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes dammit ISI what ARE you doing!? Surely it's OBVIOUS that you need to hire a Tea Lady as you're losing valuable coding time by walking to the kitchen and waiting for the kettle to boil! As for the lightbulb in Gjons office that needs replacing DONT, hire an Electrician so he can keep working on the UI in the darkness!

15. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Apart all the hire this hire that, we lost the best track modder in RF2, fact. We still have Virtua_lm and M. Morais with great modding works but thats very few to this large rf2 community.
    In cars is even worse. Probably being a little harsh, but what quality we have apart ISI mods? 2 or 3 good mods (not top mods), nothing more.

All the great features RF2 have turns to be a 2 side issue.
    On one side we have great stuff like the dynamic weather/track surface, on other side this complex features keep away some modders and turn their heads towards other simpler titles i believe.

Cmon, contact Enduracers modding team, HistorX modding team, make some colaboration and thats it. Thats all we need right now ;)

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Again this weird statement, why do I keep seeing it repeated.. I think just now people find they can't get away with lazy conversions or minimum effort in track modding
    anymore they just don't bother. That's saying more of the modders than it does of the software. Mind you, the source material for an Asseto Corsa track or
    an rF2 track will be very, very similar, for cars, same deal. The only difference I see are excuses for laziness or lack of commitment. Or, what would also be understandable, as the
    official content increased a lot in quality, people prefer enjoying that rather than building their own.

Overall I think the opinion you state sounds like a hear-say opinion and not one which actually is based on any truth..

Just something to think about, maybe all the unbelievable negativity here lately contributes more to the lack of modders and their content than anything else!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  17. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's not all bad.

Aside from those two you mentioned we have WHAT21A with his brilliant recreation of Symmons Plains. Then there is Woochoo - his Longford '67 is excellent. Hopefully these two will work on more tracks in future. wgueze is working on a very promising looking Zolder, McNolo is doing a fine job on Bahrain. I'm sure other projects are being worked on that we don't know about.

rF2 will sort out the men from the boys when it comes to modding. We will probably see more quality and less quantity but that's a good thing.

18. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Its not a hear-say opinion as you refer. Anyone who read some modding teams fóruns and rf2 communities fóruns easy reach the conclusion that the modding scene as it was ended.
    In part cause of what ive said, the complexity of present software needs diferent aproach from modders, more technical than ever.
    And in other part very few want to pick a project, lose couple of months understanding the software, to deliver it freely to the community.
    Very few stick on what they started, creating free contents to the community. That spirit ended, yes the world is a f%$ed up place.

You assumed that "diferent titles" refered to "diferent simulation titles". Thats not the same thing.
    This is the polite answer.

I must agree with Jamezinho, less quantity and more quality will be the future of sim addons....free or not free.

19. Magus

Magus Registered

+1, I will also add Tommy's Hockenheim which is looking pretty decent too.

I have so many tracks installed on rf 80% of which I never really play, although a lot belonged to the Historic GT mod career but with rf2 have instantly uninstalled any track that just doesn't have the quality or potential for quality. I prefer it this way too.

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Reading that stuff and taking it seriously, are two different things. Also, you describe a 100% hear-say scenario if you ask me!
    In terms of tracks, which appear to be lacking to some. How different do you think development is for an rF1 track, how do you perceive
    tracks are being built? Let me tell you, if a person was able to properly build a track for rF1, they are so for rF2. There is simply no big change in
    development, despite what people make you believe. For cars and apparently tires in particular, there seems to be some change people do struggle with.
    But as for tracks? No way that suddenly this has gotten more complex, taking months to get used to the software etc. Especially if people developed
    for rF1, heck rF2 tracks in particular should be a walk in the park. Let's face it, you don't have to do anything for the wonderful sky and weather system,
    slap a shader on your roadsurface and you have realroad. Now tell me that's hard and complex.

I used sim titles as an example indeed, because I saw people a while ago talk of how easy and accessible it would be to mod for AC. I don't
    know what ideas they have of how tracks are built but I don't think they gave AC too much credit.
    And I'm glad for it, lately around here people seemingly go for the unpolite one first chance!

I don't even see that as a bad :)

*Disclaimer, I never modded for the gMotor platform before. I haven't encountered anything I consider complex, no things I suspect would be completely different from the rF1 days. The only thing which bothers me is the lack of documentation, but with help from forum members this is made up pretty darn well at times! If these types of things make people lose interest in modding rF2, they probably lost interest in modding anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014