Fed up with Noobs on-line !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ROON

ROON Registered

You're right - they don't care about your race and they won't make an effort to get out of the way of oncoming traffic. However most LFS servers heavily enforce the 'spectate after crash' rule, and won't hesitate to ban you from their server if you don't comply with it. People eventually learn that they either get out of the way and/or spectate or face a ban. It's an effective system when it's policed.

With that said, I'm not suggesting that rF2 communities adopt that same rule. The main thing I was highlighting is that in LFS you can exit out of the race instantly without having to first stop your vehicle from moving, it's a neat feature and can often prevent some big unnecessary crashes, provided that people actually have the courtesy to exit the race or get out of the way if they've had a serious off or collision.

LFS's online gameplay is vastly different to rF2's. There are many features such as safety ratings, which are calculated by taking data from drivers and how they behave, how many times they drive off the circuit, how many incidents they cause, etc. If your safety rating is too low you may not be able to race on certain servers - depending on how stringent they are in regards to clean driving. There are so many things included in the overall package that really make public races more enjoyable for everyone.

The thing is with rF2, ISI seem to expect that everyone out there races in their own league, so theoretically we should all have no problems in regards to people misbehaving or racing unfairly. This is a serious detriment to the public racing community, as the lack of functionality makes things more difficult than they ought to be. Little things like being able to start a votekick without having to leave your vehicle, or a system that penalises or forbids bad drivers from racing, or being able to stop your car whilst it's rolling would all be welcome.

Heck I even saw a staff post claiming that they hoped everyone would have their own skins to race with, in regards to someone saying the current car artworks are unacceptable. :confused: To me it really seems like the casual racers get left behind in ISI titles, and that frustrates me a lot. There's a long way to go if ISI want to have a decent public racing community in this game.

2. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Rent a race has all these feature built in to it that you've mentioned. The main one is the clean driving awards and penalties but this system is flawed also because there is no distinction between the bad driver and the victim of his stupid behavior. To police things correctly and fairly there need to be someone watching the racing all the time which we know is not possible.

I have to totally agree with you about rF2 being very much designed around leagues! The hole structure is orientated toward this goal. This is were I can't fathom the creation of this modID system and all the rubbish that it implys just so you can use your already installed mods and tracks.
    It's all there to prevent something that was very rare and easy to fix in leagues anyway.

Your concerns about pickup racing is well founded with rF2. In 12 months or less this concept well be a thing of the past. You'll never have the right ID for any other server outside your leagues. Who in their right mind is going to download VMod's every time you want to race on a pickup server kust for half a hours worth of fun? And then you will need to have every track installed that's in the VMod before it will install. Pickups will not exist once people start finding their hard drives being over run with useless out off date data.

I'm far from impressed with this game. It has far more limitations then rF1 ever had for the modders and users alike. The better physic and FFB doesn't make up for the flaws.

4. ROON

ROON Registered

Agreed, as I've mentioned in other threads I'm against this VMOD concept as well. It creates more problems than it solves.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Being a slow driver Id really appreciate the escape key so i dont destroy other peoples race.A lot of times its impossible for me to get out of their way quickly.Luckilly Ive found a lot of good people in the servers who tolerate us slow drivers and im having such a nice time.
    On the other hand I dont object swerving around other people,yellow flags can help you a lot (if you respect them),surelly results from accidents (heyballs, debris) add to realism,no bad thing.
    What puzzles me is damage.Some servers have very little so a lot of guys are very aggresive so they just push you out of track with no conseqence on their part.Surely on those servers a lot of people finish the race which is a good thing for competition and gameplay.BUT...I even find myself cheating when,having created havoc accidentally, I go on and finish the race regardless.
    Just my thoughts, nikos

6. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

100% agree with you in this. Servers should have damage to maximun, people would drive with more respect for the rest of drivers, above all at the first curves of a race.

7. NOxy

NOxy Registered

To me the solution is simple. If you have issues with noobs and rookies on public servers, don't join a public server. Stick to your own private server or league servers. It is just a game and everybody was a noob or rookie at one point in time. Coach the rookies, don't just criticize and complain..

8. ROON

ROON Registered

Rookies are fine. Slow drivers are fine. People who make the occasional mistake are fine. What is NOT okay is the people who drive like lunatics and think this is Need For Speed or Burnout. There's a big difference between a learner and someone who's just a plain nuisance.

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

unfortunately I can't join a private league as I don't have that much time to play and my playing times are very random, so I have to race in public servers. As ROON says the problem are no the slow drivers (everyone has the right to be there racing) but the unrespectuful ones.

10. coops

coops Banned

Rookies are fine. Slow drivers are fine. People who make the occasional mistake are fine. What is NOT okay is the people who drive like lunatics and think this is Need For Speed or Burnout. There's a big difference between a learner and someone who's just a plain nuisance.

+1

11. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I have driven on servers with max damage or dammage off it makes no difference to how people drive , Safe drivers drive safe regardless and bad drivers drive bad regardless. the only difference is that when damage is on safe drivers that happen to get caught up in a crash that was cussed by accident or by some idiot is then penalized.

you have to remember evan with damage off if you are crashed or crash off that's effectively race over.

I think LFS has the best systems in place things like auto pit for cars that do more than one 360 degree spin on the race track can stop full grid pileups , short cuts and easy access to voting to kick people and restart races is allso a good idea .

Whats funny is RF2 has allot of the features in it they are just presented in such a terrible way or set-up so bad they are not used ( for example race restarting voting by default requires so many votes its pointless trying to vote a restart.

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Agree with you there. rF1 is the same. Just one person goes for a drink or pit stop and it want go through. A good percentage, Maybe around 70% of players should be enough for a yes vote to pass instead of the current 100%. As long as it's well over 50% of yes votes.

13. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

That also wouldn't solve the problem yet because then you can just wreck your car in practise, hit escape, watch the replay, don't have a frontwing and now you can wreck everyone because physically, it's still there, but it doesn't become debris because optically it already is, so you can crash like if damage is 0%. That's cheating, but most people sadly do it anyway.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

uh? sorry i dont get it Devin

15. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

If you crash and watch the replay, the wings are missing forever. You can't see them. But they're there anyway, just invisible.
    Now you can't loose these "Invisible wings" and you can wreck everything without getting damage. I hope you understood it :D

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Weird!!! Usefull with hayballs?

17. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I actually think 30% of the server is enough Its very rare that 6 people would join a server just to troll it and vote RE over and over This was only ever an issue on LFS when servers had less than 6 people and it only took 2 people to vote RE. The vote amount could just be set at 6 people to pass a vote that would probably work fine.

The ultimate system would give people in P1 - P5 stronger vote privelge when it comes to race RE as its unfair for them to have a race reset due to super slow people crashing out at the back of the grid which is almost inevitable on a 30 man server.

I think 30% of server + no user voting allowed after 1 full lap would probably be perfect as a default setting with the current way Rf2 is.

Have to hand it to the people that run the "international sim racing server" if it wasn't for them I probably would not bother playing Rf2, I would really like sumone from ISI to comment as to why they don't have some ISI servers up that show RF2 off and give a good entry into Rf2 for new users.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I
    No 30% is far to low. In your scenario it only takes 2 out of 6 to re-start a race. The other 4 don't get a say in it. I'll stick to keeping it over 50% of players so in the case of 6 you'll need at least 4 yes votes before a re-start.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

F3 Fun

Trying to get a few in F3 Fun Spa room please for the next few hours.

Any rookies join please we can stick together in a bunch keep out of aliens way. :p

Had good fun today so if you got nothing better to do I see you in there.

Ta

20. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I think a version of the 10% rule used in F1 would be a good idea where people who don't set a respectable lap time in qualifying don't get to race.