Fed up with Noobs on-line !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Once rF2 goes gold there will be plenty of leagues around to race in.

That move there is typical of a noob but not much you can really do about it other than maybe having a certain XP or rank to join a server if ISI decides to go that route. Even then there will still be jerks.

3. bastins

bastins Registered

You could always join us offline players, and then help us push for good AI ;)

4. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Whats he spose to do to rejoin the race? Hit the esc button? Ill remember that when I see you trying to rejoin after a spin :mad:

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

lol... naw it was good enough to watch twice. ok 20 times.

8. StevenQ74

StevenQ74 Registered

9. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

Ufff... that is harsh. And plain stupid. But with the first video, i started to think that there should have been safety car (but there wasn't time for applying one) or a spotter telling that there isn't or is some room for joining the race again because he could still race, just judged VERY poorly the spot to join the race. Is the maximum steerning angle restricted in those series? I don't get the reason resticting the maximum steerning angle to 25 degrees or something like that just because of situations like those. If you spin you need a huge field to make the car turn without making a burnout. But even if he would have been able to turn it around in time to the racing line, it would probably ended up in a crash anyways because the car behind was closing up so fast.

10. MUZTEE

MUZTEE Registered

11. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

12. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I was online yesterday and last night and there was about 9 people at best over all the servers in the list.

13. Yarach

Yarach Registered

The problem is... there are many people waiting for the final release. After that advertising could be applied to have more people buy the sim. The other problem, there are other people (like me) who unfortunately do not have permanent access to internet and are forced to stay off-line. But I promise.. as soon as I have decent internet I will get on track!

14. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Today I've seen plenty of people ( >10 <20) racing at the same time with the megane (sadly too many noobs and crashes).
    Others (including me) have had also plenty of fun and nice racing in montecarlo with the F3s (but we were no more than 5 or 6)

15. VLA

VLA Registered

Some servers you can simply hit the esc button and remove yourself instantly, others you need to wait until the car comes at a halt

Why is that?

and why not make it instant, that way as soon as you have lost total control, one push and you're out.

16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

its a sim. if there's an accident you should brake or avoid it. and other examples

17. ROON

ROON Registered

Yeah, in Live For Speed you can spectate (ctrl + s) whilst you're moving. A lot of servers encourage that the second you cause an incident on track and around other drivers, spectate immediately so you don't end up becoming an obstacle for other drivers and potentially ruin an innocent bystanders race. I think it's a good thing. Having to stop to return to the pits as you do in some rF2 servers is a pain, and risky.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

So much for realism. Having to use your brain to avoid a accident in front of you is not what we would call keeping it real then? Cause in real life the cars that are involved in accidents just magically disappear. Wow no need for yellow flags, Wouldn't that be good. Oh and/or a safety cars. I'm sure the real race drivers out there would love that to be true. What about opponents cars that you can just drive through, That'll be keeping it real.

Haha... No seriously! It's so funny after all this time reading peoples comments about rF1 not being realistic. We're here now reading comment on rF2, Comments on how to take some of the realism out of it. This isn't the only area pepole are trying or asking for help to turn something off.

19. ROON

ROON Registered

I don't need a lecture on what is and isn't realistic. There comes a point where functionality trumps realism. Do you go and berate FPS developers for never making automatic rifles jam in the middle of firefights? Hey they could even give the player a little weapon cleaning kit so they could duck out into cover, pull apart their machinery, find the source of the issue and resolve it!

Please...

I know I'd prefer to have people press ESC and get off the track instead of rolling around idly whilst they berate each other in the chat box and just become a mobile chicane for everyone who is trying to have a serious race. This is what happens in public servers, and it's a pain in the arse.

20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

If this is what people are doing having the esc button work while the cars are still moving or not want make a damn bit of difference then will it. It's obvious their not even trying to consider anyone else bar themselves and aren't trying to clear the track. You would know yourself and anyone else reading this, It doesn't take a lot to clear yourself from the track and stop so you can leave the track. From what you've described these people aren't even trying to get out of the way of others.

Well hey my race is over! why should I give a toss about yours! (NOT the way I think.)

The thing should be, You try as quickly as possible to clear yourself from the track, Press Esc and then if your in the mind to go have a go at the one who tried driving his car though you. Doesn't solve anything, Doesn't get your race back but it might make you feel good about yourself for a couple of seconds. Though I doubt it.

This comment or statement IS NOT! IS NOT! directed at ANYONE in particular. ROON; Please don't take this as being directed solely at you or any one person.

Don't get me wrong here, I do know what your talking about. I've seen it for myself and been a victim of it as well.

I'm NOT fast. As such I'd be one that you would consider as a noob. It's not that I can't drive clean and know when I'm beat so I move over when I can and let people through.

I WILL NOT! Go off track for you. I WILL NOT go off line through a area were it is unsafe for me or you to do so.

I WILL let you through coming out of a corner by holding off a bit before accelerating to give you the run out plus I'll move offline if I deem it safe to do so.

I WILL move offline going into a corner IF I deem you close enough to go under me safely.

The problem I've had online is those of you that DON"T care for the slower drivers and think we all should just get off the track when you come along. This is very evident being on the receiving end of faster drivers trying to drive straight through you and then have the balls the abuse you for been in their way!

As a noob who has been driving rFactor since it came out and PS 1-2 before that but still aren't as fast as some of you, I for one would expect the same respect for being on the track as you all seam to demand from those that are slower then you.

I admit I've seen some re-enter the track after a spin by just pulling straight back on the track giving no thought the others coming down the road. Usually ending in tragedy. This is a fools errand but not restricted to the noobs among us. Yes I see well know names to me, Ones I've know for years in some cases do exactly that.

I've been in the same situation of cause just like all of us. What I do IF the car hasn't been damage or it spins uncontrollably back onto the track which can and dose happen at times, I drive around on the grass to a straight and then merge back onto the track moving over to the offline section if a car is coming down on me fast enough that he'll catch me before the next corner.

Most want be bothered doing this because it's all about ME! My race! Not yours! so they'll re-enter as fast as they can as soon as they can no matter the consequences and then have the balls to damn the other driver who is obviously slower then they are because he's just got there after he spun out so this driver should just drive off the track and let him race no. Right??

There is two sides to every story guy's. Noobs? Gotta make you wonder who is actually always in the wrong here.