Fanaleds plugin for you Fanatec steering wheel

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Max Attack, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

2. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Hi,

I'm the founder of Fanaleds and I wanted to tell you 0.3a is launched (with rFactor 2 support, haha! :p)

- Added rFactor2 support
    - Added SimRaceWay support
    - Added DiRT support
    - Added Race Driver GRID support
    - Added F1 2010 support
    - Added Richard Burns Rally

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  3. call-911

call-911 Registered

Thank you!!!

4. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Hi Bose321,

thanks for your great work! But unfortunately it doesn´t work very good wit rF2, at least on my system.
    -first thing i realized that it makes the game stuttering.
    -then one time i´ve lost the FFB during racing and couldn´t get it back via "FFB reset (v-key)"
    -another time suddenly the wheel was pulling to the right side all the time.
    -when the last two cases happened i couldn´t get out of the game anymore. It keeps hanging at "Leave Track" and i couldn´t even stop the rF2 process via Task Manager. Had to use the Reset Button.

GT3RS V2
    FW 742
    Driver 129
    Win 7x64
    rF2 Build 90

Let me know if you need more information.
    I will try a few things later or tomorrow, maybe it´s just interferring with my Antivir, MSI Afterburner, Speedfan or something!?

Greets
    Digi

5. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Hi Digi,

Can you verify this is because of Fanaleds? Something like this shouldn't be possible, unless the rFactor 2 plugin system is buggy.

Does your game stutter as in low FPS?

The plugin doesn't do anything with FFB so I can't imagine Fanaleds is causing this. I'd appreciate if you could do some more testing and make sure it is Fanaleds causing it. I've tested for several hours on a CSW and GT3RSV2 without any problems.

6. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Thx for your fast answer,

yes i will verify it. Alls i can say for now is that this things didn´t happen before the plugin was installed.
    But i´m experienced enough to know that there can be many reasons for such behaviour.
    The stuttering thing is a little weird. At the first start with your plugin it was like freezing for a tenth of a second every two seconds. Then i started rF2 with admin rights and got that small freezes every second.
    Tried different sync options in the launcher but didn´t change anything. Then tried it again without admin rights for the game and last time i started it, the stuttering was still there but more irregular :confused:
    I think next time i will try it with a new player.plr.......

Digi

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  7. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Check your inbox. :)

8. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I ran it and nothing happened?
    v0.3
    w7-64
    CSR-E
    RaceOn/evo

9. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Did you run it with admins rights and followed the readme?

When you run Fanaleds, do you see the "fanaleds" text on your display? If you don't see this message something is wrong on your end.

10. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Tried this and found it doesn't seem to work with the Enduro mod in rF1, working great with the TCM mod...Any ideas? Loving seeing my LED's working for a living :)

11. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Hi,

It it possible that his mod does not send out any telemtry. The plugin sends telemetry it gets to your wheel. So I'm afraid there's nothing to do about that, maybe contact the developers of that mod.

While you're running the mod (it's only visible while running the game) that doesn't work, can you look in your rFactor root map (where the rFactor .exe is) for a fanaleds log file. Tell me what it says.

12. Knight of Redemption

Yep no worries...this
    Succesfully created shared memory object
    Succesfully created shared memory map
    Succesfully created event

13. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

That all seems fine. I'm afraid there's not much I can do about this.

14. Knight of Redemption

Okay, thanks for your attention. It works great in other mods and the guys in my club are enjoying it to. Nice work. :)

15. John Crichton

John Crichton Registered

Hello guys
    Thank you Bose321 for your work ,it's working very nicely with every game i tried so far ,very happy to have leds and lcd working on rfactor and rfactor 2!
    thank you again
    cheers

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Excellent Bose321, thanks alot!

Its working here with CSR Elite + CSP (on PS2). Did only test the speedgear mode cause thats exactly what i wanted. Flashing gear (indicating the need for upshifting) is great, cause you notice the flashing without looking at the wheel.

Interestingly, although im using firmware 722, its working. (Never did a firmware upgrade)

Ive noticed that fanaled is having 25% CPU utilization here, getting this down would be a nice improvement (shouldnt be that high IMHO). Also noticed some stuttering one time, maybe thats cause of the high CPU utilization?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  17. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

That indeed is a very high number! Most PC's I ran it on used 0% of CPU usage.

Could you tell me what CPU you're running, and which game you were running?

I would also be interested in reproducing the error and look if for example one core in your CPU is on 100%.

About the firmware, not sure about that - I've had several reports of it not working like it should, but good that it does for you. :)

Was the stutter in your wheel, or the game?

1 person likes this.
  18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

My system:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4GHz
    Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70
    Memory: 8GB DDR3
    Video: MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC,
    Tridef, LG 55LW659S
    Audio: ASUS Xonar Essence STX, 5.1 Dolby Digital Live, SPDIF
    Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite + Clubsport Pedals

Ive noticed the stuttering on the graphics. Like freezing, going on, freezing, going on. Happend ~2 sec and everything was ok again.
    Using rfactor2 build 90, offline, All tracks & cars, Clio v0.1, Monte Carlo, 10 AI, in race.

I dont see one core on 100%.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  19. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Hi,

today i´ve tried a USB 2.0 Port instead my USB 3 PCI-E card. Needed to reinstall the drivers and restart the system (Without the full procedure rF2 was running/stuttering more than horrible)
    Now i´m still having very small stuttering, about 2 or 3 times per lap which doesn´t happen when fanaleds.exe is not running. But not a big problem!
    I´ve just played rF2 for about an hour and the Wheel did not "crash" anymore. So i´m very happy for now!
    I also have the feeling that the FFB on USB 2.0 feels different. Just imagination? I´ve complained about bad and numb overdampened feeling of the new drivers+firmware in the 911wheel blog. But now it seems to be much better on USB 2. Hm, don´t know!
    The funny thing is, i bought the USB 3 card 2 years ago because sometimes the wheel lost it´s connection on the normal USB Ports. And all was ok since that time with several games. And now it seems like the USB 3 card can not handle the higher updaterates of the new firmware, the game, fanaleds, all in common or whatever :p

Thx again, Bose321

Maybe one more question. How do you trigger the Breake Padel Rumble on the CSP?
    I ask this because i can have:

-locking tyres without rumble
    -rumble without locking tyres
    -rumble with locking tyres

I´m not having a problem with that, just want to know if there is still something wrong here........
    The CSPs are connected to another USB 2 Port not to the Wheel directly!
    Greets
    Digi

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  20. Knight of Redemption

I've tried it in rF2 and though the plugin graphic shows when the game starts, the LED's don't work.

Intel 2.3 quad
    W7 64
    Nvidia 570
    4 gig ddr 2