F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I just got here for my daily progress check and saw this report... 'gutted'.
    The one mod I was looking forward to...more than any other mod....Gone.
    Yesterday I saw a trailer by CM about the F1 2014 season and immediately thought "It's not as nice as ASR's so the pressure will be on to get rid of the competition"
    Little did I known the pressure was already on.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Im just so glad l have the full 1.7. Bernard will never get his grubby fingers on my enjoyment.. Hope this can all be sorted as all simracers need this work

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

3. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

This is nonsense surely, sounds like an in-house litigation department letter that is nt legal and designed to scair people the only time you need a licence is when you copy an reproduce for sale. You say FIA , they do not licence anything look what codes said about classic....

We started work on licensing this content a long time ago. Very early on it became apparent that licensing a full season would be almost impossible in terms of actually locating drivers and establishing who owns the rights to the car, sponsors, etc. What would we do if we couldn’t get particular teams and drivers, which has been the case, and what do we do about teams and drivers who sadly are no longer with us? Not having a full replica car & driver grid would seriously jeopardise the quality of that experience, and on top of that, matching all of the tracks to a particular season would incur a huge investment of time (4-5 years) and money, and the appetite for this content is here now.

So just remove the team or sponsor that are the problem I will carry on modding until I had a visit at the door from a public figure.

4. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I would also suggest to change all the names of the teams and drivers along with the sponsors. Keep the look of the logos just change the name to something similar and maybe funny or even a tribute to somebody. I wanna race with Gerhard Burger again in a game like it was in the late 80s or early 90s. :)

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

It's getting way out of hand. This being a free mod should not be subject to licensing laws.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

But i understand that they have accepted some donations for it, that might be the braking point for FIA to go for it

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Wikipedia accepts donations and they never had a proplem about copyrights.
    Maybe its usefull to check their legal way of thinking:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights

8. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

It 'a solution, but it would be a massacre.

Sometimes We took more than 1 hour to retrieve a picture of a 10cm sticker.

Think of how much work there is behind all the liveries of every car of all season ...:eek:

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Does FIA also hold licences for the sponsors? Maybe if you keep them it would have to be the sponsors who would have to contact you, not FIA, but i dont know

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So, release everything with no stickers, no names at all.
    We will be more than happy to do the liveries on skins ourselves.
    its a win-win situation ;)

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Call your mod MCMXCII FunOne and call the teams with fiction names and its all done.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The FIA don't own rights to anything outside of their and F1's logos. FOM is the one that deals with things and it seems like the team can continue with their work and as mentioned before, ask for more information from whoever sent that - and continue their work just fine.

13. Raikku

Raikku Registered

Somebody said somewhere that this is more bullying from FIA(or whoever is this a..hole who send these messages to sim community) than something what is based to actual law.

14. jepeto

jepeto Registered

what again

unfortunatly to learn that people can't think, create , use their enjoyment without a dominant. We live in repubilique for some; so , it s not considerate to stop ny an association that do nothing for everybody; it ' s just a money federation , with a lot of richs ...Go Robin, go !

15. jepeto

jepeto Registered

said more, it s a war between truth, and falsificators who take their choice on physic law. It s a big question to say, have you right to live if you are not your creator...

16. jepeto

jepeto Registered

church against scientific !

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Cool down jepeto, just a discussion on how to appease FIA and keep mod going, it's not striking up a revolution.

18. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+1....:)

19. willz

willz Registered

we should be able to edit the names of the cars and drivers personally, seem to remember a game once putting in false names, for instance nigel mansell was called nigel mainsail etc etc

20. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Racing simulation, racind simulation 2 or monaco grand prix called to and most of Grand Prix games were not licensed but representing real F1 just with fantasy names and sponsors. We could find even more of such games but this for example were very popular games and many of those were even released when big companys made licensed F1 games like EA and i think ubisoft at that time.

Situation like this now was in past to allready when simbin started to work as company and asked modding teams to atleast rename there mods. Another such thing happened some years ago with enduracers porsche. Still virtualR told the community about F1 mods, it was a hint that they will go this way and modding teams are still pushing it and once that news came they should addopt this situations allready with fantasy names and so on.

It doesnt mather if you do free mod, if codemasters for example will want to make some more of historic DLCs they will notify FIA and they will go and stop this content with names, logos...as they think that will hit there sales and it doesnt mather if it doesnt do any damage its the way it works for them and thats it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014