[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Frenky... I just managed to download v1.18 without the tracks but I`d like the version with the tracks which is no longer available on mega... any chance of another link with the tracks or will the new version (v1.19) have the tracks included?

Sorry, I`ve not had the time to read through the complete thread. :)

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yeah, within a couple of days v1.19 will be uploaded. That, will come in 2 versions:
    - a mod version with the 19 tracks (a new Monaco and Suzuka track is included). At the moment the Monaco track has some graphical glitches, but the AI is so much better, that I still will include this version. File size: about 2.9 GB.
    - a multi-component version without the tracks and the showroom. File size: less than 600 MB.

Cheers!

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

v1.19 online!!!

Hello party people,

Faster than expected maybe, but I've decided to upload v1.19 of my mod. See post #1 for the downloads.

Full Changelog:
    * Very slightly increased base drag bodywork and front wing drag per click
    * Slightly decreased base front and rear wing downforce (all cars)
    * Slightly increased 2nd order drag from both wings (all cars)
    * Drag and downforce only affects cars till 12-13 cm ride height (was 14-15 cm)
    * Minor changes on the diffuser, downforce loss when bottoming is now 65%
    * Very slightly increased the human braking power
    * Corrected the tyre choice for Silverstone to M/H (was S/H) (only in the rfmod version)
    * Slightly decreased lift effect of front wing due to drafting
    * Very slightly increased fuel consumption and tweaked thermal engine settings/properties; be aware to manage the throttle and RPMs and use some radiator cooling
    * Substitute Monaco and Suzuka for better versions (only in the rfmod version)
    * Very minor changes (about 0.5% change) on the Moments of Inertia, to make the cars very slightly more responsive
    * Changes on the damage file, car accepts less damage now
    * Pointing to the right safety car in the rFm file (only in the rfmod version)

KNOWN ISSUE: in the rfmod version, the Monaco track has some graphical glitches (bill boards and starting lights).

Please, share us your feedback.
    I would also encourage you to share your greatest laps on video with us!

Have fun racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I really really appreciate the work on this mod! Thank you!

Oh but how long before this too gets shut down by greedy money men, I wonder..?

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Frenky.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Nice one Frenky, smooth moves. You gave us what every driver begs for more drag and less downforce :p Quickly I found that there are some good performance gains and there are also some substantial performance hits. I just ran a test using one of my 100lt Tyre Test setups and I was over 1 second per lap slower. Tricky times.. I really like the new brakes, previously I was having to run some additional rear wing to brake as good as the AI. The new Inertia setting, whilst subtle really help me out because I am maxed out on the front wing as I am running some seriously stiff front 3rd spring. Probably too much.

You sneaky engineers. I am not sure I agree with the word slight. Let me paint a picture. <1% increase in Drag for >5% decrease in Downforce.

[​IMG]

Have a great weekend. I cant wait for Spa. Go DR!

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

You're welcome man. Glad you like the new version :p. Yeah, drivers allways want more drag and less downforce :cool:.
    However, I'm a little bit tempted by your statement > 5% downforce loss. A did a quick hand calculation and the loss should not be more than 4.1% (and that's only when you drive with the lowest wing settings). I can only think of that you may drive the car too low. Don't let the ride height comes lower than 1.4 cm (!!!), otherwise, the stall effect will begin (and more sudden) and you now lose slightly more diffuser downforce by this. Also the diffuser downforce is more tricky now, when the ride height is more than 2.5 cm (due to an increasing second order magnitude). BTW, by ride height I mean (front ride height + rear ride height)/2.

Drag difference (compared to v1.18) depends also on the wing settings, with about no difference at all at the lowest wing settings, to about 2% increase at maximum settings.

Overall, I would summerize v1.19 as the version with, in the best case, only has slightly changed physics compared to v1.18. But this version is MUCH more sensative to changes, in the area of downforce by wings and diffuser, and in the area of thermal properties of the engine and brakes. Also the influence of using some radiator duct in terms of lift and drag is bigger now. So for the best lap times, you really should take more time for an optimal setup. I think, that is pretty realisitic, whereas real F1 teams have already calculated their optimal ride height before they come to a GP.

BTW: from what circuit is that graph and using what kind of wing settings?

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

At peak downforce from that data range my ride hight at its lowest point was 21.6mm. This data was captured on the backside RH sweeper on Indy 2014 layout. Wing setting was F-34 R-65.

Car is good mate, I just need to get better on & off the track. ;)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Excellent... many thanks Frenky. :cool:

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Just finished downloading Frenky but I`m away on holiday atm but will try this as soon as I`m back at the sim rig.

Cheers again. :)

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you very much for your feedback, man!
    Still feels a little bit unsatisfying that the downforce numbers are some 1-2% lower as expected. Although 21.6 mm as your lowest point is a bit high. But there may be a kind of "downward spiral" in here, that goes like this:
    there is some 4% less downforce, therefore the car is pushing slightly less to the ground, therefore the ride height (with the same setup) is also slightly higher, therefore the diffuser creates also slightly less downforce. All sums up to about 5% less downforce.
    BTW: you are driving Indy GP with those wing settings? Seem pretty high to me. That are about my wing settings for Silverstone, which seem to me "more downforce dependable".

12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys for all your nice words. Be sure to download this mod, as soon as you have the possibility!

Have fun racing!

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

That is only for that section. 15.4mm is my lowest point around the lap with 100lt of fuel. I didn't want to go under that because from yours & Lgel data I would start loosing downforce. Maybe I was being too stringent and should only focus on the corners when it is needed and also consider taking some hits in the faster corners to obtain more in the slow speed corners. That is where I am really high.

I agree mate. I am not happy with this. When I started tuning the Toro Rosso I was somewhere in the mid 50's for RW as that's the top end speed I wanted. Somewhere around 325-330 kph. I just couldn't get the speed on the infield and really struggled under braking. Maybe this was amplified by not having my wheel. Excuses Excuses :) Throttle control on a finger with less than 1 cm travel hurts. Then again I shouldn't complain, you said you use a keyboard.. It is hard to go back from a wheel.

Thank you for your feedback. I am going to go back and have a re-think and try and take some df off.

EDIT ADD: That worked nicely. Just ran with a 28-55 with a much lower RH. Picked up 7kph top end. Took my DF hits in the two fast sweepers and gained some DF with less drag in the slow/med corners. Sweet.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yeah that's right. You should setup your ideal ride height (about 15-18 mm) on the corners, you think you can gain the most time (mostly 150-225 km/h corners). It is not bad to nearly bottoming the car on the fastest straight. Even more, if you lower the car, you will gain top speed. The lower the car and the less difference between front and rear ride height, the less drag the car carries. That seems to me pretty important at Indy.
    Some guy on RD mentioned that with my mod, Copse corner at Silverstone is too easy flat (in one of my earlier versions). But no-one in F1 setups his car solely for that corner (the gains are too low). And there are a number of reasons pole man Hamilton could not drive that corner flat in 2013:
    - in real life you suffer g-forces, which makes cornering and reacting more difficult;
    - he could suffer stalling from the diffuser (or even bottoming the car);
    - his tyres were a couple of laps old (at Silverstone, I already get some understeer after a couple of laps with medium tyres), leading to a slight understeer in the fastest corners, but better balance in slow corners
    - he could suffer from tailwind (not simulated yet in rF2)
    - he could drive the corner flat, but didn't want that, because his tyres would then gain too much in temperature (corner 7 at China and corner 10 at Hungary are known as full-throttle, but most of the time it is better to save your tyres there and maintain a constant speed)
    - he didn't know if it would be possible or didn't want to end the corner with two wheels on the curbs
    - the track wasn't rubbered in that much

Well I stop schooling right now ;). After all, I can only tell from the physics point of view what is best. As I know I'm a second a lap slower than most guys around here.
    Have fun racing mate!

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Funny you missed my edit & then I read your post. I am glad I was on the right track before reading your latest post. I learnt something today. Please school away if you feel like it I don't mind at all. I really appreciate the help you and Lgel offer.

EDIT ADD: Curious what is an ok time at Silverstone to work towards?

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Oke, will do that :).
    Well, you ask a pretty bad driver, for me it is a 1:32.0, for others 1:31.0 :). Medium tyres and 10 laps fuel or so. I think, you need pretty good driving and setup skills to come under 1:30. Someone got below 1:30 at Silverstone?

17. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Post #1 updated with MediaFire links, for those who have trouble downloading from Mega.co.nz

Have fun racing!

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx for the mod Frenky:) !! Very interesting posts with much background infos I see here :)

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

You're welcome man! Have fun racing!
    (and be sure to add some radiator cooling; everything below 4 and I won't finish even quick races :p)

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

copy that thx :)