[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

No doubt, I am still having fun with the result of your collaboration with SOMPIR, a lot of fun I should say.

Thanks again.

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Anytime man! And if I can improve the mod, let me know :)

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

4. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Issue with downloading the tracks, it keeps saying it's gonna take 7 hours to download. Is anyone else having this issue? If so how can I get around it? And have the tracks been updated at all?

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Avoid the tracks, in most of them the AI is very poor, look for RaceRfactor tracks which have been much reworked.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Love this mod, now it goes next to my 1992 season and 1967 season.

Only two things, but I guess there aren't any fixed around: my mirrors are black, and the tire sound is too loud, engine sound of player car too low. I guess only the original creator might fix these...

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Black mirrors and SLS safety car?

Back to Clio safety car as every one else.

You can adjust in the game sound options the relative strength of those sounds.

Cheers.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Ah, so I disable the SLS (from ISI) and then it works?

Thanks.

For the sounds yes, but then it screws with all other mods...

It's great though, just not perfect :)

9. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Strange, I thought that going from version 1.18 to 1.19, I did solve the Safety car problems. Seems like a graphical issue.
    Anyhow, have fun Racing. And may you also be fast in 2015!

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for the effort! I didn't realize how much I was missing some modern car until I saw the thread here :)

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Curious observation: If you run the ISI Marussia as your player car with the RFT2013 as AI, all the cars will have working mirrors. However, just the presence of the Marussia as AI will not fix the problem...

It also speaks about the validity of the physisc in this mod, because the 2012 ISI Marussia will run under one second close to the 2013 Caterham. If the mod was massively off in the grip department then the AI would drive much faster laptimes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Sounds fine by me, to be honest. On average, 2013 f1 cars are about 0.8 seconds faster than their 2012 counterparts (the difference being lower in the beginning of the year and higher till the end). The difference is quite small, because the FIA made some small, but subtle, restrictions on aerodynamics and tyres going from 2012 to 2013.

Coming to the game, it makes a difference if you compare laptimes of yourself to that of the AI. For the AI, the Caterham and the Marussia is driving "in the same league", making their driver skills as the variable to have laptime differences, rather than their cars ability. I hope you understand what I'm saying here, because English is not my mother language :p.

Hoping to here from you if you want something changed. Have fun racing!

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Just giving this a little bump...

Got the 2013 Season Review book yesterday, and I'm really impressed with the closeness of laptimes to this mod. On the two tracks I did some minor setup work with already, I can get within one second of the real cars (that's not accounting for KERS), and even the AI at default setup gets pretty damn close.

It is really amazing that, given most of the data on these cars is classified, the result of your's and Sompir's work is such a lifelike recreation of what happens.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Wow, thank you very much! Good to hear that you enjoy the mod (especially the realism).

Have fun racing!

15. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Seems to me like it doesn't have KERS.

Any way to fix this? Has anybody else had this problem?

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

There is no KERS in the mod. There is a way to implement a "boost" or power button to the engine, but as fas as I know, you could drive with this boost setting all the time. So therefore I decided not to implement KERS / a boost button.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is there a chance you might want to do different boost mappings? Not "turbo boost", but just a way to select a less thirsty, less agressive engine map because during race sometimes you want to conserve fuel, or just not drive at 99%.

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

If other people want this too, I will dig into it; no problem. It is not possible (as fas as I know) to change the air/fuel ratio per boost setting. But I think it is possible to make a boost setting that will change the life time of the engine (more power or torque at the cost of engine life time).

Personally, I'm unsure about the realism of such a change. I've already changed the average life time of the engine, so that for 100% races it is normally not possible to change gears at max revs during the whole race. The engine will blow a couple of laps before the end of the race. Thus forcing the player to shift up at drastically lower revs. I think, this was also the case in formule 1 in 2013. Drivers had to be strategic in when to lower the revs. Shifting up at lower revs means you keep the engine colder and therefore lenghten the life time. But you will also save on fuel.
    What I mean is, when I would implement a "boost setting", people will still change gears at max revs and simply change the boost setting. And that will, in my opinion, be less realistic and less interesting.

I would like to hear other people about this!

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

It is not something I am missing.

Did you see this post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-upgrade-files?p=333372&viewfull=1#post333372 ? It is used by some modders in GSCE to make quickly a "real" version of single physics Formula Extreme (works like a charm).

I didn't try it in RF2.

Thanks again Frenky.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I was under the impression that engine wear reduction, fuel saving or just "running less full out" in modern F1 were done by changing engine maps on the wheel on the fly... not by manual short-shifting.

I can and do short-shift, but I'm not sure it's the realistic way.