[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

daylight lights would be authentic, just as long as it doesn't cost too big shader performance (multiplelight sources during day...)

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

I use headphones with RF2 all the time, and I have noticed with this mod im getting a slight headache from the 'high-pitch' of all the sounds. There's also a noticeable repetitive 'whine' under acceleration in the AM that's pretty obvious. The sounds in general - while good samples - seem to be missing bass. Directly compare the ISI GT cars using headphones to this mod and it should be easy to hear. Someone described the sounds as 'muffled' which is a good description.

That's really my only constructive criticism; the modelling, handling etc seems fantastic. Cant wait for more cars/updates :)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Agree with this too sg... good sounds but I think they could be a bit better and have a bit more bass.

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Exactly what I wrote a few pages back, more bass! And the repeating transmission sample need to be fixed. I hope Ales agree with this :)

5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Sure i agree but i do have to say im not the best expert on sounds, thats why we have sound guy for that, hehe. Im getting him all the info you guys give and he will work on to improve everything, it just takes bit more time on that as he is studying to but we will get there to get them right. Base is there but will be worked on for sure.

6. Andii

Andii Registered

I LOVE IT ♥

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many Many thanks Ales, you're doing great work!

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The gear ratio is a bit to short for ai on fast tracks like Nordschleife, the ai is going into the limiter on the fast track parts.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

For the guys already testing (I won't join until they get cockpits...) - are the cars matched when the AI runs them? I'm still confused by seeing a Z4 and Vantage in the same race...

One suggestion: I know there are planned four cars and a fifth "for free" which will be a Vette. Wouldn't it maybe make sense to include a "Finari" - you know, red italian car... as they are such a common sight in any endurance race - more so than the "Venom"...

regards

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Really nice screenshot. Is that an escape hatch on the roof left?

And that wonderful Gulf Oil skin is included, or did someone create it extra? Looks awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  11. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, Italian car will be added to but first we will finish those as its allready alot of work, than do some prototype cars and somewhere in that time we will add the missing one. With so much requests on that one we just have to add it to fill the grid.

12. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

13. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

They did share tarmac at Sebring this year. The Z4 may be GT3-based, but it's still built to ACO regs and is the same class as the AM.

And yeah, not doing the 458 would be like doing a hockey team without the goalie, but we already bullied Ales into modelling it a couple of weeks ago :D

14. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

15. tjc

tjc Registered

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Many thanks for the skin and the explanations. I missed the discussion on the hockey goalie...

17. hoover

hoover Registered

Just drove the Merlin for the first time, and I think the tranny whine is very repetitive esp. at high rpms. I think there's a sound update in the works anyway, so feel free to disregard if this has already been fixed.

Also I have the same brake balance problem in this car as others have reported, the rear end comes around under heavy braking at anything less than 67 fw brake balance.

Cheers, Uwe

18. paarma

paarma Registered

Increasing the ENGINE BRAKE value in car setup will make the braking more stable.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

I think those values i need to edit. Looks like the engine is bit to strong still trying to push the car and makes it to spin.

20. zonder

zonder Registered

Today i decided to squeeze all sliders to left and try a drive in Merlin pulling max FPS i can from my machine, and First thing i Noticed is that cars look gorgeus but only if they 2m( i may exaggerate a bit here) not further away from you, I belive is due to very aggressive LOD distance with lowest display settings, is it the way it meant to be or is it still being adjust?
    PS. I noticed same problem with braking, Thanks paarma will try that.