[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Thanks guys (noel) I got the zr1 to work, I just used the same name as URD use for component, I wish I came on earlier and asked before pulling my hair out lol.

Will I lose my team.mas changes when an update is released vo?

I have created icons too for all the GTE cars

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

just want to say after hours of putting skins and names in and trying the darches at snetterton

OMG!!!

they look feel and sound awesome the best few laps ive had, the AI make great darche drivers lol!!!

thanks again for this mod, im happy to reward you with your hard work..

cant wait for thr f458s!!!!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not sure if it has been mentioned in the 176 pages but the Darche "Position" on the LCD is a bit too far to the right, when in 25th I noticed it said 2 and when I dropped to 30th it said 3. Probably already mentioned but just incase not!

Also a slight request if I hav'nt done this already, TV Cockpit view is generally Bonnet Cam in most other mods including ISI. Could you please add an additional Bonnet Cam (center of the windscreen drivers eye height)? as the current selection on the Roof is too high, thanks

4. ethone

ethone Registered

I much prefer the roof cam. As long as it's drivable, and being centered and looking straight ahead is the most important bit about that, I guess I'm fine.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thats why I said "additional" as I know some poeple like roof cam too :)

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Just check all the Home cams ISI have done with the Civic - something for everyone. Still, the real tragedy is that these are no longer easily editable by the user. :(

7. ethone

ethone Registered

Yes, absolutely. This has only become an issue because of the packaging system locking it down. In rF1 I could just edit a slightly off camera to be properly centered. Now I'd need to repack everything...

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hey Ethone, as you are back in this thread, a question for you... :)

I have a complete set of your 2013 skins (Three AM, two Vettes, two Venoms, two Darches) combined into "Virtual Rides" with the proper Team and a driver name each from 2013.
    Basically this is a drop-and-go thing to get real teamnames and skin for offline AI use.

But I don't want to share them around without your approval. Would you want me to send you the files so you could share them yourself as you see fit?

Looking forward to the 458 joining the bunch...

9. ethone

ethone Registered

Hm, by my count that should be four AMs, seven Bayros, one Venom, three Darches and so far no released Corvette (one WIP though). You probably have skins from others mixed in I suppose.

Could you elaborate on why Virtual Rides would be the way to go? I have built update packages for the components which allow me to run the skins with proper team names and skins for offline AI use. What's the difference? I thought Virtual Rides couldn't be made into files and shared, or is this not the ingame dynamic creation method?

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Interesting... I'm only talking about LeMans 2013 skins (those with the "90 Ans"), I thought they were all from you.

I would say the biggest difference between VRs and modifying packages is that

A) You stay compatible with other users for online (i.e. your mod checksum isn't changed)
    B) VRs remain after installing a newer .rfcmp

The main downside is that you don't get to rename the actual Car name, but it's not visible on the MiniGUI anyway.

VRs are just a bunch of files in "Player/Settings" folders so they can be copy/pasted between installations and easily shared.

11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

12. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

But if I remember correctly they can't use talent files.

13. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

Has this mod been updated? If so, I haven't received the updated links? :)

14. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yes, that i have notified here. I think its same problem on vette.

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Every "Virtual Ride" you generate is actually a Folder with a skin inside, and a .RCD file which can hold all the AI skill parameters you would normally have in Talent files.

I'm not sure if you can add these to MP as I don't run MP... other than that, I think they are really equal or better than MAS edit...

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Virtual Rides aren't supported in MP yet. But should eventually by way of the HTTP server the same way skins xfer.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for the clarification. That's a downsiide, but then again a hand-made "private" MAS edit will not work on any conventional MP session either...

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You can do an update component or a whole new component to add teams. This is common practice in leagues, I wouldn't say it is unconventional at all. But Virtual Rides will make admin life easier once it is implemented. The problem as I see it is Ales makes money off his work and repackaging his stuff and then redistributing it feels kind off wrong. I don't want to have to worry about whether the people in a league actually own the original content. ISI really needs to give us the framework to properly protect content. I know I've already brought this up in this thread before and got blasted for it. But I still think it needs to be addressed.

19. ethone

ethone Registered

Update components don't contain anything that would be repackaging Ales' stuff. It's just .veh and .dds files.
    There is no argument for content protection in your post.

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That's true, but unfortunately updates don't support GetMod so it makes for a pain in the ass as an admin and your members.

If you read back several pages you will see my posts regarding content protection.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11597-EnduranceRacingX-by-URD?p=269207&viewfull=1#post269207